Titanium colours

Discussion in 'Badass Workroom' started by Chastity Couple Bristol, Mar 23, 2024.

1. Chastity Couple Bristol

Local Time:
    10:43 AM
    I see that a lot of you went with annodized cages. I think they're beautiful.

I know that BAWR don't recommend to go beyond blue (42 volt) but did anyone try to go higher and, if so, how did it turn out?

I'd love a nice pink one, in the mid 60s but obviously it would be a shame to spend 400+tax bucks for a bad result..

PS: I've got two of their stainless steel ones and they're both great (first one was too big).

ValleyMichael likes this.
  2. A4w2

A4w2 Long term member

Los Angeles
    Local Time:
    2:43 AM
    I did 40v and it is very hard to see the effect (it is there - but hard to see).

3. Droog

Droog Long term member

Local Time:
    5:43 PM
    I asked for 75V (Pink) and the product arrived looking like a gold color. Not a big deal - the cage is great and working well just not the expected color.

-d

4. E.Kever

E.Kever Member

Local Time:
    Would anyone be kind enough to post pictures/video? I'm also interested in seeing how the higher voltage colors turn out.

I'm thinking of ordering my own customized titanium cage but cant settle on a color. If pink ends up looking more rose gold, I wonder if the fuchsia color will end up looking more pink?

5. CS2

CS2 Long term member

Local Time:
    I dont think the colours are as vibrant as they look online and in videos, BAW did mine to 18v as I wanted purple however it was more a bronze colour:

upload_2024-3-27_22-35-2.png

So I re anodized it myself at 21.5v, have a look on youtube there are loads of DIY videos

upload_2024-3-27_22-36-23.png
    upload_2024-3-27_22-36-37.png

its quite an odd but nice look, its almost like its semi transparent, it varies a lot from looking grey to blue to purple depending on the light.

From the DIY vidoes I watched the higher you go with the voltages the harder it is to get a decent result and the colour you want, thats probably why its not recommended.

E.Kever and Gabriellia like this.
  6. E.Kever

E.Kever Member

Local Time:
    Oh wow, that's gorgeous. It's encouraging to know that you can do it over again if you don't like how it came out.

Did you have to remove the previous color? Or do you just anodized over top of it?

7. CS2

CS2 Long term member

Local Time:
    If you are going to a higher voltage you can go over but if you want to go to a lower one you need to remove it by either sanding/polishing or a chemical bath

8. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    5:43 AM
    I had BAW anodize mine to 42.5v for a nice ice blue finish. It came out exactly the shade I wanted and the color is consistent across the entire device and both base rings I purchased. Here is a photo next to a plain titanium cage for comparison.

IMG_1253.jpeg

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice