The Problem with Chastity Devices

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Her Dividend, Nov 9, 2013.

Random Thread
  1. Her Dividend

Her Dividend Junior Member

Local Time:
    6:57 AM
    "What are the downsides of a chastity device?"

This question was asked on another message board, and a respondent had the following answer:

In no particular order: chaffing, hygiene, motion restriction (especially on female chastity devices), clothing restrictions due to visibility (both male and female devices), physical discomfort, decreased libido (depending on how they are used), bathroom visits more complicated (for both male and female devices).

Basically I've found that if your goal is to achieve physical erotic abstinence because the s-type can't be trusted or isn't willing to abstain, they are a disaster and not very effective (for starters most males can slip most male devices if they really want to, and most females can achieve orgasm by putting vibration on the belt if they really want to).

If on the other hand you're using them as a prop to sustain a bondage fantasy of control which is erotic to both parties then they are absolutely great, because at that point the logistical issues become irrelevant, because you can just take the damn thing off when you need to, instead of having the base foundation of trust in the relationship destroyed due to the wearer's inability to keep the device on as originally planned when first locked in.

--------

I'm curious what your response is to the POV above.

2. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    2:57 PM
    The biggest downside to wearing a chastity belt is having to look at avatars such as yours and try not to be aroused!!!!!!!! oh god there it goes again........:rolleyes::spank:

nap60647 likes this.
  3. Disposable Hero

Norway
    Local Time:
    3:57 PM
    Well, obviously chastity devices are essentially a prop to support a fantasy. A very powerful and effective prop, but a prop nonetheless. A device can not be both 100% secure and safe (hygienically and health wise) at the same time – like the quote said, male cages can be slipped (although the device would still be attached to the balls), and belts (male and female) transmit vibrations which can trigger orgasms. Any device that mitigates any of this would necessarily be too impractical for everyday use, or tight enough that injury is very likely.

This being said, removing my chastity device without very good reason (health emergency) or my wife's permission is a big no-no. This is what makes chastity so powerful to me. Yes, it's a prop, no it's not "really chastity", but it's as close to the real thing as I can safely get. And I love it. I love the physical sensation of the cage tightening and the feeling of my cock fighting a losing battle for an erection – every time it tries. I love the chill going down my spine when my wife sees my silent pleas and casually informs me that I haven't earned an erection yet and the cage won't come off, before finding the wartenburg wheel, some feathers and a magic wand and getting to work on my already straining cock.

That's just my take anyways. :)

4. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    1:57 PM
    They're hard to remove when you're turned on, which is when your willpower is at its lowest ebb.

Plus they can be 100% secure using either piercings or pubic hair traps.

keithknife likes this.
  5. Victor38

Victor38 Becoming Jules...

Idaho
    Local Time:
    7:57 AM
    It seems like the original responder from the other site doesnt quite get what chastity means to so many of us here. I've never been forced to wear my device against my will. I researched this lifestyle and with great fear and tredpidation told my wife. I willingly offer up the use of my manhood to the whims of my wife. It has enhanced every aspect of our marriage, and "breaking out" hasn't ever seriously crossed my mind. There is ALWAYS a way to break out, but the real lock I wear is in my head, and escape means and end to this joy we have discovered together.

keithknife and Locked4myowngood like this.
  6. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    2:57 PM
    And wedding rings don't stop cheating; they can cause your finger to swell up, might get caught on things, and so on. So what good are they? Like a cage, they are a symbol. Nothing is foolproof, and if you can orgasm without being touched, no device will ever prevent that. Some people take them very seriously, some don't. And sure, chastity devices are part of a game, but who ever said sex (or sexuality) is a job? I was playing Monopoly, and you know what? Those darn hotels are too small for people to really stay in them! What a gyp.

7. Locked4myowngood

Locked4myowngood WillingWarden's prisoner

Local Time:
    9:57 AM
    My chastity resides in my head and with my KH. The Jailbird is just a symbol. Getting out of my device (which would require bolt cutters at the least ) would signify a break in the agreement I have with my amazing GF. It wouldn't be the devices' fault. It would be mine.

As for the other side effects the OP mentioned. Yes they are there. Of course they pale in comparison to masturbating 2-3 times a day and having no libido, low energy and replacing my real live beautiful gf with a bunch of 2 dimensional images that aren't real.

The OP is only focusing on the bondage aspect which isn't even in play for many of us in chastity. He missed the point completely.

8. MistressL

MistressL I'm through

Professional
    USA
    Local Time:
    #8 MistressL, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    View attachment 4058
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ok, I read this and can't believe there are still those that simply can't understand an alternative lifestyle. I do not feel there are any down sides to male chastity. And for innocent.

Point one, perhaps a plastic or silicon chastity device maybe a prop, but a full belt or a solid stainless steel chastity tube is far from a prop. It is real when he cannot remove it or orgasm in it.
    Point two, a device CAN be secure and safe.
    Point three, a device with a piercing locked to the penis cannot be slipped out.
    Point four, a stainless steel metal belt with a solid penis tube can affectively stop the vibration needed for a male to orgasm.
    Point five, a device that mitigates vibration can be practical for everyday use and being tight enough without causing injury. My husband is one right now.
    That is the first paragraph.

Point six, a male that has access to a key will use it without permission, maybe not everyday but he will use it.
    Point seven, play chasity is far from real chastity.

It is wonderful that you love what you are doing, however, it is not the only way chastity is used in a full time, real time relationship.

Devices my husband has been locked in are: stainless steel cock cages no. 6&7 from Ms Lori Lancer, a Neosteel hip belt, a Neosteel master piece system belt, a Neosteel Arch, and now a #5 from Ms Lancer. I know what I'm talking about. He has been in strict male chastity for 12 years.

Be thankful I'm not the one holding your key. You'd see cobwebs on your lock before it would open. After all, the key is only a prop. It's not real.

petevans likes this.
  9. sweeetsubbie

sweeetsubbie New member

Local Time:
    Thats funny....I cant get mine off..... I cant cum in it with a vibrator either. I will eventually masterbate without permission. SO... trust wont work LOL.... And My guess is it wont work for 99.999% oF males .>> But It will make you a lier LOL. My Schedule changes based on behavior about once a year This time I get an orgasm 7 times a year or every 52 days If im good !!!!! and maybe even 2 while im out. (She likes to be meen but then she likes Intercorse Too) She told me My first orgasm on dec 14 If im good I can hump her leg LOL !!!! other wise who knows what ill hump ???? Im never allowd to touch my self.

10. male_pet

male_pet Junior Member

Local Time:
    9:57 AM
    There might be a middle ground between the mental chastity of an escapeable device and the full chastity of being in a full belt or secured with a piercing.

I have experimented with implementing chastity through hypnosis, and have found it surprisingly effective. Your subconscious can be a very powerful ally to your keyholder!

I eventually commissioned a hypnosis file that helps to provide greater security for chastity belt wearers. The file will help to distract you from the tempation to unlock without permission, pull out, or use a vibrator to get out. It's not the honor system - is the honor system enforced strictly by your subconscious.

I've written about the free file elsewhere on the site:
    http://chastitymansion.com/forums/i...belt-security-through-hypnosis-and-more.9459/

While it is not a panacea, this approach can provide powerful new options for those unwilling or unable to wear a belt that provides full security. You have nothing to lose by experimenting! (well, except for your capacity to cheat your Keyholder's wishes...)

male pet

11. Her Dividend

Her Dividend Junior Member

Local Time:
    Hey,

What a great round of strong answers. In my web experiences this is about the only forum with a strong healthy view of chastity devices --- much of it driven by practitioner's of the art. One thing I take from the challenge of the OP to the responses is that chastity devices are not for everyone -- and in the wrong hands or between the wrong partners -- the problems will outweigh the benefits.

I also like the take that "the device is not the problem," it's the people and their commitment and approach to what they are doing. I also never thought of one as a wedding ring before, and that take was a kind of an eye-opener.

One challenge that was not addressed by anyone was the decrease in libido assertion. Namely, that if you don't use it, you lose it. My experience is limited, but to me chastity after a certain term creates a dead zone. Also, desire and the effects of denial are enhanced by a reasonable schedule of orgasms -- for the orgasm resets the body back into a more spring loaded position.

Anyway, when I read that, I said to myself, "I wonder what the CM crowd would have to say in response." Well, as previously stated, the responses have been strong and well articulated.

--HD

12. Droog

Droog Long term member

Local Time:
    9:57 PM
    Cool looking device! What is that, and how is it attached / locked?

Thanks
    -droog

13. Living Curious

Living Curious Long-term lockee

Restoration and Reconstruction
    Colorado
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Part of me always cringes when this topic is presented like this. Like when someone brings up politics at work.

It seems anytime someone makes declarations about chastity with a tone like "It is this, I cannot be swayed. It isn't that, I cannot be swayed" the discussions can very easily devolve. It's very easy to assert universal proclamations based on personal anecdotal evidence when others are doing the same thing.

I guess my point is: can't we all agree that you can have it your way, and I can have it mine, and that's not a conflict?

I am proud that this discussion hasn't descended that way. I think it's a testament to the quality of the members here at the Mansion :)

Victor38 likes this.
  14. Victor38

Victor38 Becoming Jules...

Idaho
    Local Time:
    Very well said Curious!

15. Disposable Hero

Norway
    Local Time:
    3:57 PM
    I never meant to offend anyone, if I have I apologize. I may not have expressed myself as clearly as I thought.

When I said "real" i didn't mean that as in "physically real". I meant it more in the sense that the only reason anyone doesn't spend a day in a a reasonably stocked workshop removing his chastity device, or even visiting medical professionals to remove it for him is because he deep down wants to be in chastity - or in whatever situation it is that forces him to be in chastity. The device then is the physical manifestation of that desire. Should this desire fade, the device becomes nothing more than sheet metal to be cut away.

This is not to say that the dynamic between key holder and chaste is trivialized. On the contrary - its significance and importance to the involved is much of what makes chastity worthwhile. When I say that a chastity device is just a prop to support a fantasy, I'm really saying that you can't have physical chastity without the mental element (the "fantasy"). I'm equally thrilled that you and your husband are enjoying chastity in your relationship - I never meant to imply that you are in any way wrong, or to belittle you in any way. Once again I apologize if that's your impression.

In this light, your final comment is a brilliant example of what I mean. If it were my wife uttering that phrase, it would have a profound effect on me. However, if it was actually you that by some fluke of happenstance ended up with the only keys to my cage, I'd be fetching my hacksaw and be out in a few hours, tops - because with all due respect: I have no desire to remain chaste for you.

Victor38 likes this.
  16. MistressL

MistressL I'm through

Professional
    USA
    Local Time:
    touche, juste la bonne réponse
    j'ai adoré
    J'accepte vos excuses
    avec des salutations
    MistressL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice