The Great Winter Escape!

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by G42G, Jan 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. G42G

G42G Long term member

IT manager
    US, Suburbs of Philly, summers in the PA Poconos
    Local Time:
    9:00 PM
    I was walking down the street returning from lunch and felt a pinch so I went to the men's room to check on things. Those little buggers seem to be able to squeeze through the smallest space when it's cold outside?

I've been trying different ring sizes to resolve the problem. I've been using 45mm ring cheap cage, 40mm rings are too tight. I need something in the 42 to 44 range. I'm not quite ready to order a custom size metal cage.

I've also been using the wonderful plastic cages from cherrykeeper.com. I love the headlock option. I'm going to get a few additional rings to try from there.

Anyone else here in the northern hemisphere having trouble with winter? Any other hints or tips on dealing with the cold weather?

HT89 likes this.
  2. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    It may not be the ring size, but that the gap is too big. If you tell me what size ring fits you best (regardless of whether you pop out of it), and what the distance from bar to bar is at the bottom of the cage and ring, I can try to put a ring together for you that is in your most comfortable size that has a gap slightly smaller than that. I can do that by adjusting the angle of the ring to the lock - your cage will point a little more downward (not a bad thing, right?) and the gap will tighten up. Message me and we'll figure you out.

Hugs,
    JosieLynn

sapper814 and G42G like this.
  3. G42G

G42G Long term member

IT manager
    Local Time:
    HA! I was thinking just exactly this on my home tonight on the train. I'll do some research and figure out what size I need and send you a PM. The custom headlocks we worked on last year are great, now we'll get the ring perfected. Thanks.

4. lockedUp24byKH

lockedUp24byKH Yes Dear...Right away.

Ireland
    Local Time:
    2:00 AM
    I'm in the exact same situation. It will eventually be custom for us.

G42G likes this.
  5. Locked N Sealed

Locked N Sealed Slave to Keyholder Kim

California
    Local Time:
    6:00 PM
    I sized the gap to my sperm tube size. You can feel them with your finger tips. Just don't squeeze them. That will make them smaller than they are.

6. Ms Maree

Verified Female

The Boss Lady,
    UK
    Local Time:
    My partner spends a lot of time outside with our joint hobby horses his device keeps coming of in the cold. Luckily we are together 95 % of the time at the stables.... but would love a solution he can wear it fine around the home :)

7. Warack

Warack Member

Germany, RLP
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:00 AM
    I Bad the same issues with the „Standard“ cages. By mycustom cages the Space between Ring and Tube is reduced the issue is gone.

8. TheStudent

TheStudent Member

Local Time:
    I'm glad that I did a search and have found this thread I was going to ask a very similar question. The recent cold weather has caused some discomfort with one 'little bugger' seemingly trying a bid for freedom. It's only one, maybe it's slightly smaller or something but it sure is worrying.

It felt like the ring was a fraction too big, but maybe it is the gap. @JosieLynn Jewell I'm very interested in your designs which look to be great value.

Lockedprop and G42G like this.
  9. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    I'm always intrigued by men who find this issue in winter. I experience it, but not due to cold. I find my private area, covered as it is by layers of clothes, doesn't get that cold. For me it is all about the gap.

10. G42G

G42G Long term member

IT manager
    Local Time:
    I still have issues from time to time. Those buggers can squeeze through the tightest gaps. Lately though I've been having issues with extreme turtling. My answer has been to wear a bad in my underwear to keep things warmer. Helps with drips too.

11. HT89

HT89 Long term member

Engineer
    Cornwall
    Local Time:
    I was thinking about this too. I have low hangers that are quite big bit also when it's cold they can definitely make a dash for my torso and it has happened once last year. Maybe find some thermals me thinks in the UK haha

12. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:

Thank you! Hopefully you can find something in your size and shape :)

13. TheStudent

TheStudent Member

Local Time:
    Had a complete out today, the cage is still locked but has come off. The troublesome left side came out first and that left enough space for the rest to follow. It wasn't particularly cold today neither when it happened, so that might put the weather blame game to one side. I'm now taking a look at the sizes and seeing where to go next! I'm thinking the base ring must be a couple of mm too wide but the ball gap is also huge on this one which suggests that that's the problem?

14. Obsequious_Nova

Obsequious_Nova Active member

Local Time:
    6:00 PM
    I had similar issues, I have one little guy that is much smaller than the other. I've had multiple escapes including one full cage drop off. The gap was key, I have a jailbird from MM and I have ordered multiple ring sizes and some custom adjustments. My current setup is so far the best, I titled the post towards the smaller testicle shortening the gap on that side.

In addition I had horrible burning for a while but was able to fix that by tapping the post upwards opening the entire gap. Tiny adjustments makes all the difference. I can comfortably sleep, and do just about anything. I do still remove it for my beer league hockey games. Something my KH is very interested in finding a way around... I better figure it out before I have to quit playing :(

TheStudent likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice