Techniques for Modifying Existing Devices

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by aphysicality, Jun 7, 2014.

1. aphysicality

aphysicality New member

Comp Sci Student, Self-employeed dev and IT work
    Southern U.S.
    Local Time:
    5:34 PM
    I had both a question and a comment about possible modifications to existing chastity devices. First some explanation...

I currently have a metal device that works fairly well, and I've set it up where I can lock a PA piercing I have with a captive bead ring. The problem is that there are large enough gaps in the device that I could reach in and open the ring with some effort. I've considered looking into soldering some of the gaps more using silver solder, and I'm wondering if anyone can advise me about trying to solder to stainless steel. I was hoping to use jewelry solder and flux so I know it's biologically safe, but I don't know that much about it. Can I use it directly on stainless steel and similar metals?

Secondly, I thought I'd mention this really great stuff I've been using as a workaround. It's called polycaprolactone (PCL) and is sold under the brand InstaMorph. It's a plastic that melts in boiling water for shaping, and then it hardens at around 150F (65C). Even better, it's bio-compatible, and could theoretically even be safely implanted inside the body. I just thought I'd mention it, since there's probably all kinds of devious stuff people could use it for without a lot of trouble or effort.

2. Fetish

Fetish Junior Member

EU
    Local Time:
    11:34 PM
    InstaMorph (or similar products) - I could confirm, but I found that this material is porous and after some time (like year or even less) will change color and take some smell from the "environment", so while material is great I would recommend to use paint to finish your job. And after about year now it looks much much better than previous one (without coating).

3. art4bux

art4bux Active member

carpenter, machinist, welder
    new york city
    Local Time:
    5:34 PM
    Jeweler's silver solder is NOT, repeat NOT, bio-safe. It's an alloy of silver, tin, and antimony. Antimony is toxic. That said, yes, it will bond/flow to stainless or, for that matter, carbon steel.
    If you are talking about modding the rings of a stainless cage, I'd suggest finding a kinky welder and having it TIG welded. A welder will also probably have scraps of filler rod which can be bent as needed and welded in to fill gaps
    At the risk of stating the obvious, you do want to remove it before trying to solder it. 8-O

Best of luck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice