Sterilizing A Used Device?

Discussion in 'For sale/wanted (Please be aware of scams)' started by andislut, Jul 10, 2021.

1. andislut

andislut Member

Local Time:
    11:56 PM
    I have a steel bijou I just received used, with a titanium pin. It was boiled in hot water before being sent out, but I want to be extra careful and sterilize it myself as well

What's the best way to go about it? Should I boil it? For how long? Should I just soak it in rubbing alcohol? In hydrogen peroxide?

Thanks for the advice! Not sure if this is the right forum, so I might cross-post, hope no one minds

2. Weeble

Weeble Active member

Milton Keynes, UK
    Local Time:
    4:56 AM
    I've done boiling water on the stove but also running it through the dishwasher works well too.

3. Suewiang

Suewiang Long term member

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
    All good as long as you don’t have kids emptying the dishwasher or the mother in law lol

4. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    In my early days on 2014, I used a pressure cooker.

My piercing was new, and I desired to be extra safe. I put the PA pin in for a time at pressure. (Something like 15 PSI for 15 minutes). There are a lot of articles about using a pressure cooker to sterilize body jewelry.

The best is an autoclave. Body Piercing websites can tell you all about this. I had searched for a piercer that would sterilize jewelry you didn’t buy from them. I did find PainfulPleasures.com but I ended up using a pressure cooker in lieu of that.

I do recommend folks with piercings go find normal “non-chastity forum” advice on safety, protocol and such for body jewelry.
    For example: https://thoughtfultattoos.com/how-to-sterilize-body-piercing-jewelry

You’ll read advice like “Rubbing alcohol or isopropyl alcohol is another method of disinfecting your jewelry. But again, this method is to be used ONLY if your own old jewelry or new jewelry is being used.”

There’s a difference between mere cleaning and disinfection and sterilization.

“This the simplest method that you can try for sterilizing any piece of jewelry. Just boil water in a vessel, and keep the jewelry in the vessel while it’s boiling. Let it boil for 15 – 20 minutes, before taking it out and inserting it into the piercing after cleaning and drying it suitably. Again, this method is 99% effective, but definitely better than the alcohol method, since it not only disinfects, but also sterilizes, thus helping in preventing the risks associated with body piercing.”

For example
    Infections: Bacterial infection at the piercing site is one of the major dangers of body piercing. There may be redness, swelling and pus formation around the piercing site. Infection by Staphylococcus aureus is more common. It results from unhygienic piercing technique or lack of good aftercare. There may be formation of cysts, which, if left untreated, may result into septicaemia (blood poisoning), or toxic shock syndrome. This condition can be very severe and fatal. ​

Transmission of Diseases: Transmission of hazardous diseases is the most serious risk of body piercing. If the piercing equipment are not properly sterilized, then there may be transmission of some life-threatening diseases such as hepatitis B, hepatitis C, tetanus and HIV. To avoid this risk, you should go to a professional piercer and confirm that the equipment are sterilized.​

I would use a pressure cooker or boil it.
    The dishwasher will not sterilize.

For regular maintenance, Long term, pre-ejaculate and ejaculate will make the PA pin crusty and you just need to get it clean. I use an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner and a little vinegar in the water. My steel PA pin (and cage) come out bright and shiny.

Anonoman likes this.
  5. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    When i bought a new cage with a urethral insert, i boiled it first and then kept it in alcohol before using it. Boiling or as PR suggests, a pressure cooker is definitely the better option. Good luck and enjoy.

6. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    yes that rigt cos that what happen in hospital when they do cleaning.

MissyB likes this.
  7. PrairieSissy

PrairieSissy Active member

Central KS, USA
    Local Time:
    10:56 PM
    To clean/sterilize my own stuff, I boil for 15 minutes, then scrub the corners and all the tight spots with a cheap toothbrush to ensure those areas aren't trapping anything, then boil a second time.

Tom Allen likes this.
  8. Turma

Turma Long term member

systemadministrator
    Germany - near Hannover
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    5:56 AM
    Ultrasonic cleaner is the best method anyway!

Buy a model with a good stainless steel tank. Fill water boiling, if you want to clean a stainless steel chastity cage, then clean.

Cleans everything away incl. also if necessary urethra tubes.

The cleaning solution we use is always consistent. 300 ml water with 100 ml 99,9 % alcohol ( pharmacy ) (2-propanol). Then 50 ml of acetic acid minimum 25% and 4 tablespoons of salt. Stir and then pour in, if the tub is not full, fill up with 50/50 water and alcohol respectively.

After that, everything on and in the cage is dead as far as bacteria and many viruses are concerned.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice