Stainless Modification - welding ?

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by SMS529, Apr 27, 2021.

1. SMS529

SMS529 Active member

USA
    Local Time:
    1:30 AM
    I would like to modify a factory welded stainless ring/cage connections to modifiy/reduce the GAP from the standard factory Gap to a smaller gap. i can cut/grind the existing weld to unfasten the center piece that goes in between two side pieces on the stainless forged ring and shorten the two pins on each side of the middle connecting piece on the cage so that it can fit more close to the ring. This is a china model that is locked via a narrow internal "furniture style" lack that is so common now. these are very popular but they only come in one standard gap which is not ideal for me.

What i do not know is how to re-attach the connector piece on the top of the cage, that is currently "welded" to the cage, to be the cage in the new position to achieve a new smaller gap. i considered cutting the current weld and trying to use a high end epoxy but the stainless cages are pretty smooth and even a high grade epoxy might not hold. I hate to wreck an otherwise good device.

Would a jeweler have the right welding or soldering equipment to re-weld the piece to the top of the tube in it's new position? I know soldering or welding stainless is not as easy as other materials. I also know this is a small welding job and not one a big welder would be best to accomplish. I suspect the factory in china is set up with small welders that work great on stainless but i have no idea how to find such a welder here.

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice