Shapeways/cherry keeper quality control issues

Discussion in 'Cherry Keeper' started by Deleted member 109631, Aug 20, 2023.

1. Deleted member 109631

Finally just got my new base ring and cage in from cherry keeper and shape ways ahead of schedule. I immediately test fit the two components and I found the cage would almost not fit the base ring. It was pretty difficult to slide the cage into the base ring where they attach. I test fit the two components with the opposite cage or base ring I had already previously purchased months ago and they work fine with my old cage and base ring but the two new ring and cage tolerances are too big and don't fit or slide together with out a lot of force. I had to use a file and sand paper to really take down the edges and take some size off the cages interlocking parts that slide into the base for it to work. Has anyone else noticed a lack of quality control on shapeways part recently. I feel I should have to file something way down to where I completely take the finish and color off of it for it to work. I will attach photos when I can. Since I finally got them to slide together and I wanted to try it out and see if this combo will even work for me.

2. VinnyDfl

VinnyDfl Active member

Local Time:
    2:58 AM
    I just had my $175 plastic Vice snap on me after just a few weeks of wear. The plastic they use is regular plastic unlike the resin used by companies like Holy Trainer. I am a 24/7/365 wearer and although they are sending me a replacement under warranty, it is obvious that if it breaks while I am asleep, it is not made for all the time wear. Since mine is broke I tested the plastic and easily snapped it with my hands. My nighttime erection was enough to snap the plastic and they have the nerve to charge what they do using their gimmick of anti pull out that most find too painful for 24.7 wear.

They include a lot of stuff like 4 rings along with 4 spacers and four pegs so you get a lot which is why the price is so high. You can only wear one size so you pay for four sizes and they make money off of that plus use cheap plastic. I have $80 metal cages that lasted me years. No more plastic garbage for me as too many companies are seeing an opportunity to fleece the public knowing that most will give up chastity in a short period of time before they have had a chance to break it.

I did once own a custom cage but as I shrunk due to weight gain, old age and constant lockup for 13 years, it is now too large for me and they do not make them small enough. So I need to decide if I am finally done with chastity because between the low quality I am seeing and having two cabinet locks used in most cages break on me forcing me to saw through the cage to get free, I am pretty much done with them.

3. Deleted member 109631

I am sorry to hear about your experiences. The vice, cbx and other mass production cages are cheap, and poor quality.

That being said I have only had two experiences with cherry keeper. My first device works well and is comfortable, didn't need any alterations, etc. My second purchase with them needed some sanding for the two pieces (cage and base ring to slide together smoothly) not sure if they didn't really q.c. It after production or what. The cage itself after I sanded it down, seemed to fix the issue. I wore the device for 12hours on the first try. Only took it off just to see what it had been doing and how my shift was adjusting or reacting. And there wasn't anything out of the norm. So the device it self is good, light weight and doesn't pull or pinch or chaff etc so far.

I was mainly asking if many people had to sand their devices to make them physically fit together when they first got it. Not sanding to smooth rough edges down to make it more.comfortable to wear.

And as for your experiences maybe try a steel one. Yes they are expensive. But they won't break, the locking mechanisms won't get stuck or break unless you do that intentionally, and they are not one size fits most. They will make it to your specifications, so assuming you measure correctly it will fit well. Yes there might need some fine tuning like if you prefer circle or oval base rings or you need a gap adjustments etc. But the device itself will be far better than the plastic mass production ones like the vice, or cbx etc.

Caged4Sazz likes this.
  4. Deleted member 109631

Also once more I am specifically speaking only about cherry keeper chastity devices, not the vice, or any other plastic devices.

5. Deleted member 109631

Here are the photos as promised of what I had to sand in order to get the base ring and the cage to physically fit together out of the box

Attached Files:

6. LockedPom

LockedPom Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    4:58 PM
    The Cherry Keeper tolerances aren't great and a bit of sanding is something that is often required. However for the price, it is pretty awesome.

Deleted member 109631 likes this.
  7. Reneeownsmycock

Reneeownsmycock New member

Local Time:
    12:58 AM
    The tolerances are driven by the 3d printing. That is why they don't offer it in metal. The tolerances are too large to be certain that the pieces would work well together. I have been wearing one for years. I like that you can swap out cages or rings fairly cheaply.

Sexy Slave 69 likes this.
  8. CS2

CS2 Long term member

Local Time:
    7:58 AM
    Received mine today the tolerances are very good, virtually no play at all once locked.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice