Ring chafing

Discussion in 'Cherry Keeper' started by DSToast, Jun 9, 2023.

1. DSToast

DSToast New member

Local Time:
    3:39 AM
    I need a little help figuring out adjustments that need to be made in my Cherrykeeper setup.

I first ordered a cherrykeeper cage a bit over a month ago. I miscalculated and ended up with a ring and cage with far too small a gap (11mm, not sure why I thought that would work). In addition I ended up not liking the cage itself.

On the other hand, the ring seemed perfect. I wore it without the cage for a couple days (not continuously) and I had no discomfort.

As a result, I figured I needed to order a new cage but keep the ring. So I found a different cage that had a 17mm ball gap with my current ring. That cage came in today and I was eager to try it, but I almost immediately ran into a problem.

Within 30 minutes of putting on the cage, I experienced the tell tale burning sensation of chafing under my ball sack. I was a little surprised considering the ring had been so perfect on its own, but now I am left wondering how to proceed.

Do I need to get a wider ring yet? I am currently running one of the biggest CK offers, 50x54 tall oval.

Do I need to try a different shape?

Do I need a bigger gap? A larger ring would also increase gap, but I could also make adjustments to increase it anyway. I worry about getting to much bigger, as I have had other cages with larger gaps that a ball would frequently escape from.

Any insight you all have onto what path I should take would be most appreciated.

2. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    1:39 AM
    I didn't hear the word lube. Perhaps a factor. I use plenty of regular hand lotion.

3. DSToast

DSToast New member

Local Time:
    3:39 AM
    I was hoping for a good dry fit, but I did end up trying another round, lubed up. I used coconut oil and while it did delay the issue a bit, still ended up with the burning sensation eventually. If I go down the lube route, maybe I need something longer lasting?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice