PS3 Gamers?

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by PuppyMaster, Jan 12, 2009.

1. PuppyMaster

PuppyMaster Puppy Master

Local Time:
    4:36 AM
    Anyone else play online on PS3? It's well lonely on there at the moment

2. chloe.2b

chloe.2b Gurl

Local Time:
    8:36 PM
    no offence, Ma'am, but imho ps3>xbox.

1. blu-ray
    2. streaming

I have a ps3, not a big gamer though, use it for rock band only.

3. PuppyMaster

PuppyMaster Puppy Master

Local Time:
    But you can connect to the internet on a ps3, you can view photo's, video and music and best of all you don't pay to play online!

And I have noticed only xbox users slate blu ray

I've had this debate with a couple of friends, I wouldn't say the xbox was sh*t, but there a few things me no likey about it, the controllers are shocking for beat em up' (Which I love)

4. PuppyMastersPet

PuppyMastersPet Long term member

Local Time:
    Having blue ray means that the PS3 is pretty much future proof. It’s accepted now that blue ray has won that battle of the Hi def DVD. When DVDs eventual switch to hi def and they will they will more than likely switch to blue ray. It was only 8 years ago that people we’re saying that DVD wouldn’t take over tape and that they we’re too expensive.

As for the Internet, people are starting to chose media stations now rather than PCs. My brother bought a media station and it cost him 300 just for that. If you take the PS3 is has blue ray for DVDs you can play very hi quality games on it thanks to it’s advanced chip set which is also future proofed (perhaps a bit over developed for now) and you can go on the Internet. What more do you need. I’d rather spend 300 on a PS3 than 300 on a PC or media station and than another 200 to 300 on a console.

5. PuppyMaster

PuppyMaster Puppy Master

Local Time:
    Yup Sony did mess up, and as Pet said they lost lots of exclusives but with the blu ray the games do look better.

Ohhh I forgot to add:

Rings of death anyone? Ya'd never get that with a Ps3 Hehe!

6. PuppyMastersPet

Local Time:
    I think it will be a good few years before MS can compete with the chip sony developed. And plus it's Microsoft, they already have a global monopoly on computer do you want MS to have global monopoly on the entire media in your household.

If anything the Wii has beat both the PS3 and X box. Whilst Xbox and PS we're fighting over who made the best console with the best graphics Nintendo we're creating a whole new gaming experience.

Heck why am I arguing either way. You can't buy half decent strategy games for consoles any way. Even when the likes of red alert are release on consoles they just don't play the same. I'm still playing years old sim city 4.

7. PuppyMaster

PuppyMaster Puppy Master

Local Time:
    Now the Wii, WTF! Get out of this house now Kris! Haha! The Wii is sh*t, it's for people that are not real gamers, it's over rated, and you look like a tit when your playing it!

8. PuppyMaster

PuppyMaster Puppy Master

Local Time:
  9. chloe.2b

chloe.2b Gurl

Local Time:
    i totally notice the difference between blu-ray and dvd's. It's an absolute difference. On my 46" lcd, there is slight pixelation or colors being slightly off with dvd's. That doesn't happen with blu-ray.

I'm not a big gamer so i can't comment on the selection of games for ps3, but i have heard what you all are saying regarding selection.

Not having to burn a disc in order to view files from my computer is awesome. (i thought the xbox could do this as well?)

haha, but what software company ever puts out a product that works without bugs right off the bat? MS is notorious for releasing things and then having a gazillion updates. (i'm not an MS hater, i run windows. lolz... windows vista, if that's any indication. haha)

10. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Blooming heck... pet came in the dining room squeaking like a muppet!!!

Now now children...

We have 3 Xboxs, and only 1 PS3.

Says it all!

We also have a Wii, but then we do have 3 pre-teens, and actually the games are hysterical!!!

Blu ray... HELLOOOOOO when DVDs go all blu ray on me gues what I'LL GO AND BUY A FUCKING BLU RAY PLAYER!!!!

Xboxes are GAMES consoles, not DVD players! :happy0192:

Anyway. To finish my rant. Xbox all the way. We love our 3, there are MILLIONS of people online to play with (hello xcitex2!!!!) and we wouldn't even give our PS3 a second glance if it wasn't for the fact we all love SingStar.

Now having said that LIPS is 200% better than Singstar. Waving motion sensitive mics around and playing games AS WELL as karaoke!

I rest my case.... and now I must continue with my GIS assignment! :manga_love:

11. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Oh and chloe.... if size matters - we have a 50" plasma in the living room and a 42" lcd in the bedroom!

12. PuppyMastersPet

Local Time:
    Vista, oh dear oh dear thats a whole other argument. A friend of mine runs his own PC repair company and has had customers asking if they can downgrade back to XP. XP wasn't all that great either what are we on Service pack 3 now. If I had the time and it ran with all software I would go to Linux which is free and has had the extra features that vista now has for years.

13. PuppyMaster

PuppyMaster Puppy Master

Local Time:
    Ok, so my thread has gone completely mental! Everyone has valid points but I started the thread regarding online play. So if anyone does play ps3 online do say, that was the whole point of it.

14. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I am so :happy0195:

I'm sorry Kris' Master.

If the truth be told, I don't care who plays what, and we play them all. We have a Dreamcast and a Sega Master System... I'm sure pet will tell you of all the other retro machines we own.

We are gamers. It's sad but true!

It's such a shame we're not compatible slave kris and Kris' Master... we could have some rockin fun! :character0093:

Peace! :party-051:

15. chloe.2b

chloe.2b Gurl

Local Time:
    MW,

i wasn't starting a mine-is-bigger-than-yours size comparison, rather just pointing out that in terms of size and dvd/blu-ray, that's where you'll see a difference.

The difference is pretty indisputable there. However, if you can't or don't see a difference... *shrugs* well, then stick to dvd's (as ur lucky enough to do so)

I can't. I see a diff, and enjoy the quality of the blu-ray. Tru, gaming consoles are not dvd players, but as a non-gamer, I would have never bought a ps3 except for that it can play blu-ray discs - and at teh same price as a blu-ray standalone was 5 months ago.

Having more of one type of console doesn't necessarily mean better (lolz) by that logic, the two nintendo DS's would be better than my ps3 (and they're not).

Perhaps as gamers, the xbox is/was your best solution. As a very casual gamer, the ps3 is the best solution for me as it offered more than the xbox did.

16. chloe.2b

chloe.2b Gurl

Local Time:
    LOL... the wii is pretty fun to play.

and apologies to Kris' Master for the threadjack.

ps. does my Atari 1600 count? lmao

17. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Oh no, now everyone is upset! :anim_39:

I was joking about everything (does that mean that the 5 DS Lites and 3 DS Gameboy Advance is better than everything!!!)

We are a household full of technical junk... and we are gamers.

The PS3 is mine (I admit it!!!!) and the main thing that stopped it overtaking the XBox in this house was the lack of games at that time. The reason the XBoxes are now the winners in this situation is because if a game is good enough we buy 2 (or 3) copies so that we can all play each other online. Sad but true!

And the reason we ended up with the huge TV in the bedroom was a quality issue... when my XBox was installed up there I couldn't see a darn thing on the old crappy TV, so I went out and went nuts in the TV store!

So yeah, I'm sure blu ray is better, but I'm not a great collector of DVDs, everything I want to see is on Sky Movies! The TV is something for the games to be played on.

I do hope no-one has taken me too seriously this evening, I truly am delirious with study-stress and was happy to have a bit of light relief.

:love0059: Friends everyone?!

PS: chloe, we would DIE to have an Atari in our collection!

18. PuppyMastersPet

Local Time:
    Oh now MW your showing off lol. You'll get Master all jealous with talk of 50 inch Tvs and house full electronics

19. PuppyMaster

PuppyMaster Puppy Master

Local Time:
    Yup everyone is friends, Just a shame no one plays Tekken cos ya'd all get ur bum's kicked haha!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice