Problem with magiclocker?

Discussion in 'HolyTrainer' started by Shanem, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Shanem

Shanem New member

Local Time:
    10:18 AM
    Hi, I have a question for people who use Holy Trainers. I've found these to be the best fit for me of any cage I've tried, but I've now had three different magiclockers and all of them have broken so they could no longer be locked within 2-3 months of regular use. That included fairly frequent unlocking for cleaning, but still seems like a lot. But I've never seen anyone mention a similar problem online, and I wonder if this is just something that happens that I should accept, or really unusual and unlucky?

If you use a HT, have you ever had the lock break, and if so, how long did it work beforehand?

2. HerToy2021

HerToy2021 Member

Local Time:
    1:18 AM
    I had this so, firstly, I tend to put some WD40 in there every few days to keep it all lubritcated. More importantly, I buy the Burg-Wächter ones as the keys are thicker and it works better.

3. Sag

Sag Member

Chicago IL area......not exactly Chicago
    Local Time:
    7:18 PM
    I’ve been using a real magic locker for 5 months off near constant use unlocking every 3-4 days with no issues . I have put it in a plastic bag with some wd 40 a few times since I shower and swim with it on

4. Enchained

Enchained Junior Member

Retired
    England, UK
    Local Time:
    1:18 AM
    I had a lock fail a few days go. I thought it was locked, checked it thoroughly, but it came out of the fitting. I only found out when I undressed and everything fell apart. I'd been out in it too. Thank goodness for tight underwear.. :)

5. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    8:18 PM
    All the Magic Locks are based on the Burg Watcher ME/2 lock which was designed to provide additional security to old furniture mortise locks.

You can buy the original from a number of online sources for about $25.

In any case, especially if you bathe locked, lubricate the lock on a regular basis.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice