Probably the wrong place but.. (being cheeky)

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by icarus_101, Mar 8, 2010.

Random Thread
  1. icarus_101

icarus_101 Babygirl

Local Time:
    11:02 AM
    Having had the devils own trouble obtaining an internet controlled key safe from the only supplier (so it would appear) - no names as the 'battle' to get what I paid for back in October 2009 - is still ongoing...

It struck me that these things are not beyond the wit of man and being the type of sub that likes a challenge, I have decided to make one myself.

So, here's the question which I want answers to...

1. Would you be interested in buying one (in principle)?
    2. What features would you need?
    3. What features would you like?

I have done a bit of research already so this is not pie in the sky thinking.
    Cost: I have spotted the safe and SBC (Single Board Computer) which looks about right. I think the price would be in the order of about 250 to 300 GBP.
    Features:
    • Fully self-sufficient - no 3rd website to interfer (or go down or remove support)
    • Would be independant LAN based unit - with own Web server to control the safe
    • Would allow you to upload pictures etc as proof of tasks, for your keyholder to pick up at their convenience.
    • The control of the safe would be password protected so the keyholder would have sole rights to certain features, the chastee being only able to see status (and/or time remaining til unlock - keyholder configurable).
    • Option of physical key over-ride is optional and a user changeable feature - would need a screw driver and a wee bit of DIY skills
    • Would NOT need to be on all the time but will not unlock if off (obviously)
    • As it's a computer, the features are not 'written in stone' so upgrades (as and when) would be available from my site.

Obviously, this is still in the thinking and designing phase so don't ask to order one but I think it's a go-er...

As to the unlocking process/features.
    Due to the design of the lock and power/heating factors, there would be two modes of operations.

An unlock remotely now button - which would unlock safe (and light an LED) for a period of about 5 - 15 seconds - might be setable which is keyholder only
    A 'Can I unlock now?' button which will look at the defined times and if allowed, unlock the safe.

There will be email options for reporting attempts if not allowed, of course - all user setable.

'911' (or '999' if your British) for over-ride but if this is a concern, would suggest keeping the key unlock feature enabled.

Possible features under consideration...
    • eMail control - although there is a security concern on this one, I mean the sub could read the emails and get the code! - lol
    • Display/Touch Screen option (but this would push the price up a lot! +200 I think).

So tell me what you think... I'm gonna make one anyway but the question is, should I make one just for myself or design something to sell to others as well.

2. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM
    Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Moderator

Art director, film producer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    12:02 PM
    Moved the thread for you to The Tower section. Sounds like a good idea you have there too!

3. icarus_101

icarus_101 Babygirl

Local Time:
    Sourced a nice SBC and this has a little Touch Screen to boot.

Getting rather excited about the plan...

Cost has shot to 350 already though... geez this stuff sure adds up... lol

Gonna build a web site when I get the time to demo/promote the safe.

It is gonna be mega-cool... cooler than a mega-mamoth in the ice box... and that's pretty cool!

4. TJNr

TJNr Junior Member

Local Time:
    12:02 PM
    Well, as soon as your able to put it into some sort of massproduction, cost should fall.
    How about finding an already established retailer, like jt's stockroom, to sell the stuff through? Would cut down on costs in your end.
    What sort of materials do you need? If you have an expected spend/number of units sold, it should be pretty easy getting the costs down.
    But of course, the prototype will be expensive. Let me know if I can help
    Edit:
    Been looking into it, why not simplify the device?
    All you need is a microcontroller (programmable) (around 30 USD), an ethernet mini board (19 USD) and a servo for the lock (from a car? durable and pretty strong), a display isn't that important, if you really need one, a more simple (cheaper with for example HH:MM:SEC could be made for nothing) then you need to make some sort of box with a hinged door, that's cheap as well.

microcontroller: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMV2isNm8JU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE5PGeh2K9k (almost what you want to make)
    I think it's a brilliant idea!

5. icarus_101

icarus_101 Babygirl

Local Time:
    TJnr: I know where you are coming from and I have been working out this for some time.
    Okay, the development SBC is quite expensive but it is a wonderful dwvice.

I'm not trying for the Rolls Royce of Internet Safes nor is it a cheap run about.

I have been chatting with the developer of the SBC and there is a lot of potential for nice, neigh needed additions like a camera in the safe to ensure there is a key in there.

Funnily enough, the safe is the cheapest component... a nice detroit security box with a minor PCB in there.

But thanks for the ideas.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice