Printable Sizing rings?

Discussion in '3D printing files' started by Golden_Darrow, May 5, 2021.

1. Golden_Darrow

Golden_Darrow New member

Local Time:
    2:26 AM
    I've been looking for a good .stl that I can use to help finding what size of cage I need. I'm terrible at any sort of 3d modeling, and I can't justify spending ~$60 ordering a couple sets from Josielynn, even if I intend of ordering a cage and ring soon enough.

I came across these a while ago, and while they give me a general idea, they're thin, and have only 5m increments. If there were an .stl I could buy, I'd jump on that in a moment.

Anyone know of something, free or not? I have an Ender 3 Pro, for what it's worth.

2. LockedTower

LockedTower Long term member

Corporate Stooge
    Minnesota, USA
    Local Time:
    1:26 AM
    you can buy steel rings in various diameters at a reasonable cost. These are 316 stainless steel so not the cheapest option, but you could actually wear this long term if you wanted. Cheaper steel should only be worn temporarily. I think the 1/4" diameter rod is the same size used by many device makers with standard round rings. Just buy the couple sizes closest and give them a try.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/...ab3a-9bab-44b2-9038-b527fff56547&ref_=ast_bln

3. art4bux

art4bux Active member

carpenter, machinist, welder
    new york city
    Local Time:
    2:26 AM
    TinkerCAD will let you design pretty much any size ring you might desire. You can also create bent ("ergo") rings. And, best of all, it's free

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice