Points of Intrigue on cb6000s

Discussion in 'CB Range' started by curioussubby, Oct 30, 2011.

1. curioussubby

curioussubby Member

Local Time:
    7:30 PM
    Hey guys,

I have finally figured out that POI's do fit on the cb6000 if you just use a small spacer.. or remove it all together... However now the question remains.. which POI would be the most appropriate, or would fit the best on the CB6000.

Would it be the cb2000 POIs or the cb3000 POIs. Any insight, advice, recommendations would be appreciated.

THANKS!
    Curioussubby

2. hollytv

hollytv Junior Member

Local Time:
    1:30 AM
    I have used the 3k's POI with the CB6000. The curve of the POI marries up with the CB6000 cage perfectly. Not tried the 2000's POI to comment though I chose to try the 3000 as they seemed more substantial.
    You will notice that the locking pin doesn't quite fit though the corresponding hole in the points and I needed to enlarge the hole to fit the ovular locking pin. The other thing to be aware of, from my experience, is there are grooves in the the POI that the guide pins will fit into snuggly. However, I believe this is not a perfect fit and once the cage potion is attached the it puts stress on the guide pins and where they join to the A ring.

Since using the 3000's POI i can actually pull the guide pins out (forward) whilst locked which makes removal of the device unbelievably easy. I cannot be 100% sure that this was down to the POI and not a design flaw with the CB6000 anyway, but I only noticed this after using the POI. Gluing the guide pins to their housing part of the A ring would, I imaigne, solve this problem.

Hope that makes sense, I'm not completely with it due to a cold.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice