New Spammer

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Kinkish1, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Kinkish1

Kinkish1 Senior Member

Local Time:
    10:49 AM
    KaiyureGirl - 4 posts within a few minutes, none of which relate to the topic of the threads they posted in. :sad:

Spamming sites for Angelina Jolie - lose weight - diabetes.

What a combo !! LOL

Kinkish1

2. Kinkish1

Kinkish1 Senior Member

Local Time:
    10:49 AM
    Your Welcome and Thank You for staying on top of it. I know that has to be a real pain chasing those *#@*#% s out of here. Perhaps the changes will stop them, or at least slow them down.
    Spamming is such a cowardly act. :xd:

On the bright side, I suppose spammers are a fact of life with a successful website and forum.

Kinkish1

3. eceem

eceem Member

Local Time:
    3:49 AM
    [quote name='Ms Watchful's pet']There was another spammer last night also whom i caught in the act! I have dealt with this one as i did with all of the others, Thank you for noticing for us.

I have changed the way the user registration system works, and people must now answer a custom question with the correct answer. Lets see if it helps stop this.[/QUOTE]

those image verifiction systems (where you have to type in the code off a image) work well to stop bots and spammers too, makes it very difficult for a bot to register as it take human imput to verify, and if the spammer is "real" then he/she/lowlife is only going to get one or two spams in before being ejected .... then have to spend 10 minutes registering again ... most dont bother and go onto easier sites.

4. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    4:49 PM
    As Kinkish stated, it means we're getting popular and more visible on the web, which is a good thing.

It is a pain, but we will keep on top of it. It's happened on a larger scale on one of pet's previous sites, and he coped with it there, so I'm not worried! :xd:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice