Little scare, hollow pa hook, covid.

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Linjx014, May 7, 2022.

1. Linjx014

Linjx014 Long term member

Local Time:
    4:19 PM
    So I was at work, going on my 16th day in my device that has a pee thru pa hook, when I got sudden body aches and generally felt like crap. Took an Advil and it got better decide to leave early anyways. That night u had a fever and chills all night. I woke up I took off the device since I had this worry running thru my head that something wasnt right down there and that's why I felt the way I did. And when I took it off I found some nasty looking stuff on the inside of the pa hook. Freaked my out so I Google sepsis, since we all know googling medical conditions is the best way to diagnose your self , it kinda fit besides a few things. I decided to go to the Dr with the pa hook in my pocket. They tested me for flu and covid. Well turns out it was just the damn Rona again. I'm just curious if anyone else as used a pee thru hook and have seen this before. Think maybe in such a device the hook needs to get taken off and cleaned more regularly. We were having a great time and then the Rona ruined the streak. That was my longest streak to date.

2. PrairieSissy

PrairieSissy Active member

Central KS, USA
    Local Time:
    4:19 PM
    Yes. Urine is pretty clean in the bladder but once it leaves it is a perfect breeding ground for all sorts of nasty bacteria. Urination is not usually enough to flush it all out.
    Having done some myself, I think any long term lockup with a spout or inserted tube needs to be hand in hand with a robust cleaning schedule for your health. Especially as few device manufacturers intensively polish the interior of tubes, and a rougher surface gives better traction to anything that wants to grow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice