Jailbird vs kink3d

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by Noah B., Oct 20, 2021.

1. Noah B.

Noah B. New member

Kentucky, USA
    Local Time:
    10:35 PM
    I need some opinions from the group here on two options for my next device. I've long been considering the jailbird from MM and even went as far as ordering the sizing rings to ensure I got a good fit. I was just about to order when I saw a lot of guys wearing kink3d cages, which made me have second thoughts. I was going to pull the trigger on the jailbird for hygiene (I get topical fungal infections easily), but the kink3d devices look to be much better vented compared to the holytrainer I've been wearing.

Any thoughts or experiences are welcome!

2. LockedTower

LockedTower Long term member

Corporate Stooge
    Minnesota, USA
    Local Time:
    9:35 PM
    Never had a MM, but did have a Kink3D. I think my K3D was a bit too long because I had annoying issues with my head pulling back in the tube and getting stuck so I always had to keep Qtips at the ready to readjust before going to the bathroom. The K3D Is nice and lightweight. Despite being well vented, the fit on my tube was sort of tight and I still had odor buildup after a day or two which might might be a concerning sign considering your fungal infection issues. The material surface is smoothed after printing, but I think it's still a somewhat porous material. The shape of the tube also really pressed down into my balls which makes it stealthy under clothes, but results in a lot of moisture buildup in the area under the cage (underside of penis to scrotum contact) so that might also be concerning for fungal growth. The MM stainless will definitely be better for cleanliness and fungal infection risk.

3. Jail Bird

Jail Bird Long term member

Mitten State
    Local Time:
    I can speak to the Jail Bird. I have worn mine for many years with no issues. The open bar design is perfect for long term lockups..
    My wife and KH has sent mine back to MM to have it cut down and made smaller. The service at MM is awesome.

I do not have the screw set up. That was not around back in the day. I for one know my wife would not want the screw. I like the smooth look without the padlock but for security reasons she prefers her padlocks.

Good luck!

Deleted member 97201 and Noah B. like this.
  4. Noah B.

Noah B. New member

Kentucky, USA
    Local Time:
    Thanks for sharing! I'll probably go with the padlock as well due to issues I've heard with the screw loosening.

For your JB, what would you say is best when it comes to length? I followed their directions to subtract a quarter inch, but saw a lot of other guys taking of a half inch instead. Since you had yours shortened, I'd rather avoid a rework cost.

Jail Bird likes this.
  5. Marty4981

Marty4981 New member

Local Time:
    I recently ordered a MM jail bird last month and hopefully it'll be in a few weeks. I have tried a Kink3d, Cherry Keeper and some cheap metal cages off Amazon. The CK is probably the best cheap custom cage. The metal ones off Amazon have helped me be able to judge my size better. The Kink3d has the best plastic but the sizes just never fit me great. It was hard to keep everything in place and always had to realign everything before peeing. I tried a smaller Kink3d cage but that one only had me squeezed in and I didn't like being that squished. With the CK with headlock or the cheap metal ones I never had that problem.

6. smallboi069

smallboi069 Member

Local Time:
    9:35 PM
    I actually upgraded from the kink3d to the jailbird. I can say with certainty that as long as your measurements are right and you wear it 24/7 it will be worth it. I've had my kink3d for a couple years and it's loosened to the point that it'll pinch me from time to time. I will never ever have that issue with the bird cage, plus it fits better, is more sanitary and much easier to clean, and it's so so so much more secure because of the fit.

7. NsToy

NsToy Long term member

Florida, US
    Local Time:
    I had the JB but I had issues and I could either just not get the fit quite right or it just didn't work for me. I found it would be rubbing quite a bit on the top left of the ring. I sent it back several times for adjustments and I just couldn't get it right. It would be great for about two weeks and then after that I would start to get sore spots on my skin. I really liked the feeling of the weight and feel of the JB though.

I moved to the kink3d and haven't looked back.

8. Jail Bird

Jail Bird Long term member

Mitten State
    Local Time:
    Sorry I just saw this Noah. She had mine cut down to the smallest length that will still allow my spikes to be dropped in the cage. Back in the day, a spike strip was an option and she purchased it for discipline.

I think my cage length is about 1 1/4" +/- My wife felt I had to much room for growth. My erections are now met with steel bars. Measure yourself soft and see if you can live with that. Many on CM have very small cages to prevent any erections.
    Guess you need to discuss with your KH

Good luck and sorry again for the long delay

9. corsac

corsac Long term member

Spokane, WA
    Local Time:
    7:35 PM
    In my experience, go for the jail bird. The kink3D cage pinched me at the ring interface even when it was new, it’s a so so cage at best. I ordered from the manufacturer and can say that the knock off is probably as good. The lock sits up and at an angle that also makes it more noticeable. Ask MM to recess the screw and get that over a padlock, it will be much nicer. They can also make the locking post sit lower so it is more discreet. MM is a great company to work with.

10. Deleted member 104385

I have a queens keep mature metal cage. Feels great. They have great customer service. Just fine tuning my device for the closest to perfect fit I can get. I was thinking about getting a kinked 3d cage for travel purposes, that and I have a nasty habit of wanting to try all cages. Lol

On length when you asked. I have read a lot and what does make sense is how red chili makes there devices. They say a smaller length cage should be a wider cage in diameter than if you went for a length that was exactly your size. Reason behind it is when things get compressed and more flat the excess goes sideways. So if your 2in and you have a cage width of 1.5 inches. If you went to 1.5 to 1.75 length for the cage, width should now increase a little to make room from 1.5 to 1.75 width. Those are just numerical examples not specifics.

Again just food for thought. Knowledge is power. But def go by the makers directions first and for most and then if you have any other questions ask. But I do believe that it is a common rule of thumb that when length is decreased width should be increased to prevent edema or other health issues.

The link to Red chili directions for taking measurements
    https://cage-de-chastete.com/en/mesures/

11. Zevon

Zevon Long term member

retired
    Virginia
    Local Time:
    Screw is the only way to go. Much cleaner, less obtrusive, and I do not understand people who say it loosens. Not if you tighten it properly, and anyone who thinks a key is more secure is crazy. You aren't getting out of this thing without the key. Queen's Keep (modified Jailbird) and Watchful Mistress. I also cannot imagine anyone giving better service than Mature Metal. For any product, not just sex toys . True value for money. And if you closely , faithfully follow their directions, and buy the test rings, it fits perfectly the first time. Cannot believe how many people try other products and send them back over and over. Buy MM, and be done with it

Jail Bird likes this.
  12. Deleted member 100175

I've had several K3Ds, a Jailbird, now moved on to BAW BA-28 (a better product than either).

K3D is discrete & lightweight, but pretty enclosed & therefore much harder keep to clean (esp. if uncut). can pinch at the top whilst closing if you're not vigilant. will eventually crack, even if that's years of careful use.

MM is substantial & 'feels the part' - super easy to clean yourself in sink or shower & no real need to ever remove. We found the security screw fiddly (and don't want a padlock) & the post design is at best 'inelegant'.

BAW titanium has been best of both IMO: light but solid & secure, easy to clean & barrel lock makes access & re-locking far easier.

Lakeman likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice