Jailbird adjustment time.

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Jeffroid, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Jeffroid

Jeffroid Active member

USA Ky
    Local Time:
    12:14 AM
    We invested in and have used a MM Jailbird off and on for almost a decade now. Now that we're "on" again we decided we should have ordered a shorter cage initially. It fits well but during most vanilla times there's about a half inch of space left which leads me to believe it's too long. I've contacted MM and we're thinking about shortening the cage approx 3/4 inches. And since we have an extra base ring that's too large I'm thinking they can make the extra ring one size smaller than the current ring that we know fits. I've read that shorter cages are the way to go but I'm not sure she would be into not having room left for occasional access and torment.
    Since we're sending it back this week for the mods I was wondering what some of the long-term vets opinions might be. Should we go shorter than may seem reasonable or leave a little for playtime? Thanks in advance.

StubHub likes this.
  2. StubHub

StubHub Long term member

Retired
    Central iowa
    Local Time:
    11:14 PM
    I would be interested in that inquiry as well. Believe the Wife is going to make final decision but based on her comments I will be compressed to the shortest length MM confirms will work.

Will wait and see what she picks for her use on me.

Jeffroid likes this.
  3. Jeffroid

Jeffroid Active member

USA Ky
    Local Time:
    12:14 AM
    MM says the cage should fit like a glove at all times. At first I thought maybe we shortened too much but now realize it's perfect. That said my advice is go with as short as you can without being scrunched to the point it's hard to pee. Good luck!

StubHub likes this.
  4. StubHub

StubHub Long term member

Retired
    Central iowa
    Local Time:
    11:14 PM
    Thanks going to work closely them and their expertise. Already have email with them trying to get answers to minimize delay on placing order. Also hope to have minimum need for adjustments or few as possible.

Jeffroid likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice