It's only a label - or is it??

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by MistressBitch, Mar 14, 2014.

1. MistressBitch

MistressBitch Long term member

Full time Mistress and Dominant
    Hertfordshire
    Local Time:
    9:44 PM
    There was a thread a few days ago, and it occurred to me that I really don't want to offend anyone, but sometimes I get a bit riled up, all because someone was a bit critical as to what us 'dominant females' should be called. The comment was along the lines that those of us who call ourselves 'mistress' shouldn't. I call myself mistress because that''s what my first 'slave' called me. This was probably a because he has a full time gf so in that sense I'm his 'bit on the side', hence mistress but also because I started to dominate him and control him. My real life sub does not call me mistress, because he isn't comfortable with it, he addresses me as Madam, but to be fair, normally, he simply uses my first name, probably because he has called me that for 10 years or more already. The funny thing is that while I am the dominate female and I do control my partners cock, he gave over all control of it to me, I love being a Mistress, because of this one posters comments, I do feel slightly uncomfortable calling myself mistress on this website, or am I just being silly and should call myself whatever the hell I want to be called ....... (your thoughts please) should it be that the only person who should be allowed to call the 'dominant female' Mistress be their own slave. Incidentally, Im happy to be called MB for short ..........

2. Pillowbiter

Pillowbiter Adore All Females, They so deserve it.

Retired
    usa
    Local Time:
    4:44 PM
    What ever you Like to be called, is fine, My wife likes to be called by her name, while dominating me, I always yell mistress her way, It just feels like more control for her calling her Mistress, and really turns me on while submitting to her. Submission is a inborn thing,, Calling a woman Mistress while she controls and Dominates you is heaven. But as far as your name goes on here, Whatever you want is great. Its kind of like Master for a male, Mistress for a female.

3. MistressBitch

Hertfordshire
    Local Time:
    lol, yes although females tend to be mistress and men tend to be slaves or subs! :)

4. Hercock

Hercock Hercock

Local Time:
    To me mistress would suggest your dominant over some one or your some ones bit on the side.

5. MistressBitch

Hertfordshire
    Local Time:
    lol, yes, and I am both! so surely that makes me mistress! lol

6. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    i thinks it nice and polite to call Ladys Mistress.

7. MistressBitch

Hertfordshire
    Local Time:
    i like being called mistress too! :)

8. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    When i admitted to myself that i loved being submissive and being dominated by Women then from that moment on any woman who shared a similar fantasy to mine automatically earned the right to be called Mistress by me, and as much as i love chatting with all the Mistresses who i meet on here the fact they choose to use the term to describe themselves suits me just fine. The reality of the person who i am chatting too may be so far removed from the persona i create in my mind just by adding those immortal words to their name.

9. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    4:44 PM
    I think a dominant woman should be addressed however she prefers. One thing I have noticed after 25 years of the BDSM scene is that people can be too opinionated, and get too-fixed ideas of what BDSM protocols are acceptable. Some people who object to a domme wanting to be addressed as 'Mistress" have some fixed idea that the term implies too much. Those folks should just calm down -- BDSM protocols are a broad range, from dommes who don't let their subs even look at their faces, to "Honey, can you buy some Lexol on the say home?". In the context of a public forum liek this one, people should just be respectful and polite, and I view those "You're not my Mistress and I won't call you that" responses as just rude.

Other times, when somone objects to a domme wanting to be called Mistress, I think it is usually because of the overall vibe of the interaction, and what they really mean is that they don't respect the particular woman's status or authority.

10. Lucy

Lucy Lucy X

UK, East Midlands
    Local Time:
    @MistressBitch Hello Mistress I wrote about this once before on the mansion and can't find it anywhere. The article I read basically said that the term Goddess was more respectful. I believe you have the right to call yourself whatever you want. I call Mistress mistress and if i don't I'm in trouble.
    With respect
    Slave Phil

11. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    Dear Mistress lol

Its up to you to be who YOU want to be.
    Nothing more nothing less. If other people have trouble with it tough.

However because you are a nice person people will be happy to go along with what you choose for your self .
    I do like Goddess , madam is tricky because they run brothels though used in shops and restaurants.
    Mistress followed by a single initial gets confusing if more than one MB

Xx Wendy

12. BlueEyes

BlueEyes The lifestyle pumps in my veins...
    Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    10:44 PM
    @MistressBitch - Interesting outcome from the baggage in the other thread ... Thanks!

Whatever label that describes your relationship with your lover/husband/slave/maid/ etc... will work. As long as Your framework has been defined in mutual understanding and for the benefit of both parties, - You can call each other whatever turns you on, whatever speaks out driving force: the uneven divided power in a D/s relationship. etc. etc..

But - A self-proclaimed Mistress is no Mistress...
    Its in the hands of a sub to raise a female to genuine Mistress status. If he see You as his Goddess, You are a Goddess! If he see You as his Mistress, You are a Mistress. Voila!
    (Yes, we poor subs has some hidden powers up our sleeves after all.. lol!)

In my humble understanding some subs more than others seems to crave certain submissive "landmarks" or "rituals" to truly submit in body or/and in mind, - and one of them often seems to be calling their female Domme: Mistress.
    Other subs does not need this kind of rituals. Still they can be absolutely perfect subs.
    It all depends....
    I have surrendered to - no - not my Mistress - but to my wife.
    Do I have a ritual after all? Yes - I plunge right into submissiveness and worshipping at the speed of light, when I am caged in my steel tube;-)

Sincerly

Lady De likes this.
  13. manintyres

manintyres Junior Member

Process Operator
    Thurrock
    Local Time:
    When I first started messaging and talking to dominant ladies I used to address them as Mistress .
    However I soon found out that not everyone liked being addressed as Mistress "don't you dare call me that i'm not your Mistress !!"etc etc.
    I now use the term Miss as it is a non offensive way of addressing a dominant lady and it still shows the respect from me as a sub .

As others have said some people can be very uptight about labels and how people should address others and titles, however, at the end of the day it is up to the recipient (in this particular case @MistressBitch) how they would like to be addressed both in public and in private and other people should respect Mistress's wishes.

Just my humble opinion

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice