How can I fix this issue only happening when I'm cold

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by NewLifer89, Dec 27, 2023.

1. NewLifer89

NewLifer89 Active member

Firefighter
    United States
    Local Time:
    11:28 PM
    Hey all. I have a jail bird from mature metal. Its has a 3/8" gap, round ring at 1 3/4"

When ever my testicles are loose, or semi loose I have zero problems with the cage. But whenever I am super cold and my testicles like to draw super tight, I get terrible pain on the underside of my testicles. Like the tubes inside are bruced, sometimes its even hard to pee, etc. But at the top of the ring, where the penis is, I can basically fit 2 fingers under the ring. Its got plenty of room. It happens more in the winter months. But during the summer, or if I am taking a hot shower, or wearing sweat pans and the balls loosen up, everything fits perfect. I've had this device for 4 years and this has only happened last winter and now this winter. All summer long I haven't had any issues. What changed?

Would making the ring oval instead of round help? Whenever the testicles are tight I notice a red ring on my skin basically from 2 oclock position to 10 oclock position around my testicles. The top is fine and loose

Would making a larger gap help? I've read that too. I don't think I have to worry about testicle slippage. I've never had that issue before.

Do I need to go up one size on my testicle ring? Maybe a 1 7/8 instead of 1 3/4?

TIA

2. Gremlin

Gremlin Active member

Local Time:
    The pain may be from your balls trying to retract into your body to escape the cold. Happens to me every winter. But I would call it more of a burning sensation. After trying many lubes, I have found that Vaseline works the best. Usually need to apply about twice a day. I use very little.

3. Gremlin

Gremlin Active member

Local Time:
    If you go to a larger ring, you may create a different issue. And that is a ball escaping, and that can be really painful.

4. esposoEsclavo

esposoEsclavo Member

South Florida
    Local Time:
    A similar burning thing happens to me. Would love to learn there is something that can be done to stop it. ⭕

5. NewLifer89

NewLifer89 Active member

Firefighter
    United States
    Local Time:
    I made the gap larger last night and so far this seems to have helped. I worry about summer months if I’ll have any issues when my testicles are more loose and “saggy” lol.

I don’t know my true base ring size anyway. If I do the string test my numbers are all over place based on the position my testicles are in. When my testicles are tight (in the position when I’m getting the pain) I measure 2.6”. When they are semi loose or basically in the normal state I get 2” and when they are sagging because im sweating then I get about 1.5”

I slip out of a 2”’ or bigger ring especially when I’m sweating. 1.5” is way to small. I always thought I ordered a 1 7/8 ring but I apparently ordered 1 3/4” ring.

I’m thinking about trying a 1 7/8 but It might be too loose for the summer months because honestly, the 1 3/4 is sometimes too loose when I’m sweating and the balls are too loose. The cage will drop down. But it has seem to be a good happy medium except when my testicles draw back from being cold.

Does anyone have a winter ring and a summer ring? I’ve been told to try that too. But not sure if I want to go that route.

Also, disclosure, when I say I’m sweating it’s because I work two careers where I’m doing outside work in a very hot and humid area. I’m a career firefighter for a living and also a fishing boat captain. I’m out in the heat for 14-18 hours a day in the summer.

6. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    4:28 AM
    Thermal underwear, will keep everything warm and stop things trying to retract.

7. flip__26

flip__26 Long term member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    3:28 AM
    i also have more issues with fit when it's cold. i suspect i'm high and tight, and probably need a bigger ring in the winter.

8. corsac

corsac Long term member

Spokane, WA
    Local Time:
    8:28 PM
    I went to a 1/2” gap and it helps quite a bit but there is always going to be a slight discomfort with them trying to retract into the body. I rarely need lube in the warmer months but it s necessary in the cold for me. I’m a fan of the oval ring but it isn’t for everyone from what I’ve heard.

9. Shimone

Shimone Long term member

management consultant
    Singapore
    Local Time:
    5:28 AM
    The larger ring should be not solution as it might enable slipping which might produce even more pain.
    As said thermal uderwear might do the job as well as going to a private place and stetch your scrotum with your hands - just akes some seconds and should resolve any pain.

10. Bushmaster

Bushmaster New member

Louisiana USA
    Local Time:
    10:28 PM
    almost exact same here, even down to I am a boat captain as well. The cure for me was a double base ring and a gap of 1/2. Sent my jailbird back and was resized ,shortened a bit, and new double base ring. big change for me, much more comfortable. Good luck !

11. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    The testicles themselves are quite insensitive to pain, you can squeeze them a lot without much effect, but there is a part of the sperm duct on the outside of the testicle that is quite sensitive to pain. If the testicles are pulled up, unfettered they'd go into the body cavity, with a base ring on they're squeezed between ring and cage, it's the part called the Epididymis (see the diagram in the link below) that can get trapped and twisted which causes pain. One solution is to have a closer fitting base ring so that there's no room for the testicle to partially slip between the gap and get squashed. It's a little like having a shorter cage to stop erection pain, not allowing the movement in the first place can prevent the issue.

Warm underwear will help as well. I've noticed a big difference between wearing thin cotton boxers and tight jeans (outdoor cold was painful) and briefs containing lycra combined with thicker but looser trousers (outdoor cold seems to not matter).

https://www.britannica.com/science/ductus-deferens

12. CS2

CS2 Long term member

Local Time:
    This is caused by the ball gap, you want to go big enough that this issue is minimized but not so big balls can slip through. My BAW device in my pic has an additional bar I can add, without it the ball gap is 17-18mm which is fine 99% of the time and I get minimal ball burn but once every couple of weeks I can get a ball slip through. With the bar fitted the gap is 13-14mm which stops the ball slip issue but I get much more ball burn when they try to ride high, im hoping my body will adapt or I may try a new bar that has a gap of 15-16mm

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice