Fraud after purchase?

Discussion in 'Cherry Keeper' started by Deleted member 109631, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Deleted member 109631

Has anyone else experienced or found fraudulent charges made after purchase of a cherry keeper on shapeways website?

I am usually very skeptical about making or using forms of payment especially on new un tested websites I've never made purchases from before. That being said almost a day later after making my purchase on shapeways for my first cherry keeper I had fraudulent charges made on the same form of payment I used to purchase the cherry keeper. I made sure it was a card I never use especially for online things and a payment I never save for ease of payment. So makes me come to the conclusion that the shapeways website is not as secure as we think with our payment information. There was a total of 3, 200 dollar online bets made 2 of.which my bank caught and declined and 1 I had to submit a claim to have my funds returned to me.

Has anyone else had similar experiences using the shapeways site? I ask bc I really want to purchase another cherry keeper to fine tune and dial in the best size rings and cage for obtaining the best fitting device I can but I am now very uncomfortable using the shape ways sight especially since that was the only place I used that card. Thanks again in advance for any in put or for you sharing your experience with cherry keeper and the shapeways site and purchasing process.

2. switchling

switchling Long term member

Senior management
    Porirua, Greater Wellington, New Zealand
    Local Time:
    7:28 PM
    Nope. I'd be surprised if it was directly linked to Shapeways as they're a relatively large and long established business. By no means a dodgy or fly-by-night outfit to the best of my knowledge.

3. Deleted member 109631

Yeah I would think so as well I just wanted to see if anybody else had a similar experience to see if it was something linked to shapeways any way shape or form or if it was more purely coincidental than anything else

4. Wheelie

Wheelie Member

Mechanic
    Houston-ish
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    2:28 AM
    I've purchased several items from Shapeways, never had a problem. Some card issuers will give you a temporary card number to use online that only works once, maybe you could do that for extra peace of mind?

Deleted member 109631 likes this.
  5. JessMal

JessMal Active member

Local Time:
    3:28 AM
    I believe privacy.com will do that as well.

6. Deleted member 109631

I'd have to look into that temp card number.

7. Deleted member 109631

Going to give shapeways the benefit of the doubt. Just ordered another cage and ring using a different payment method and removed my payment info after payment was processed. So hopefully there won't be a repeat of payment info getting leaked out. I will keep you posted if I see another fraudulent transaction after doing business with cherry keeper and shapeways

8. lockedUp24byKH

lockedUp24byKH Yes Dear...Right away.

Ireland
    Local Time:
    8:28 AM
    I've ordered many things from shapeways and never had an issue.

I know this goes without saying but...
    Scan all your devices with different software to make sure nothing has found its way on to them to release your card details to unscrupulous sources.
    If you have kids or teens make sure no card details are on their devices also.

9. Deleted member 109631

Just an update I didn't get around to posting it but about 20 or 30 minutes later after making my shapeways purchase using PayPal I received a text message from PayPal saying that my card has been deactivated which clearly was a scam and I did not click the hyperlink attached to it but I clearly feel that the security for Safeways and or their payment methods are not secure so be smart about it and try to use a method that you feel is the most secure way to purchase from them. Like I was saying earlier this time around I used PayPal instead of the last method I used and after the transaction was complete and the process was done and the funds left my account I removed my card from PayPal and unlinked all financial institutions from PayPal so that there was nothing on my PayPal account that could be charged or would be linked to any accounts that have money in them I believe that my only saving grace this time so again there's clearly something wrong or unsecure with shape ways payment options so just be careful and try to be smart about it as best you can if you're going to make any further purchases using shape ways

10. The Queens consort

The Queens consort Long term member

Retired
    Central Indiana
    Local Time:
    3:28 AM
    I’d rather believe the issue was with Pay Pal, but I could be wrong.

lockedUp24byKH likes this.
  11. Deleted member 109631

I would hope so too. But this is the second time and I don't believe in coincidences. Either way as of yet nothing has hit my account that I did not do myself. But again minutes after making the purchase I get a text for that specific card not from my bank or pay pal. (I thought it was from pay pal but it wasn't I double checked after posting) either way your information is not safe even if it is contact info required when purchasing. So just be smart and use a payment option you feel is the most secure.

12. Deleted member 109631

Another update. Since the cherry keeper purchase I have now been receiving scam emails and texts all saying I have a payment processing for some un realistic amount, and that if I want to cancel the payment to click their click bait hyper link to cancel it. Obviously when checking the accounts there's nothing. I attribute this to cherry keeper and shapeways since they were the only.purchase that was out of the ordinary for me. Wasnt receiving these until after that transaction. So it's either pay pal or shapeways, either way one is not secure. Which is unfortunate bc I really do like the products made by cherry keeper. It has been the only device I have been able to wear longer than a day or two max and not feel like I'm forcing myself to tolerate it or to force myself to ignore it. But like I said until they're able to find more secure ways for payments I won't be purchasing another product from them again.

The Queens consort likes this.
  13. lockedUp24byKH

lockedUp24byKH Yes Dear...Right away.

Ireland
    Local Time:
    8:28 AM
    Definitely keep a close eye on it then and please do post if anything else happens.

14. Deleted member 109631

Most definitely will keep everyone in the loop.

15. Deleted member 109631

So far, nothing has hit my accounts for pending charges that I did not make myself. For 3 days after purchase it's Only been non stop texts or emails saying pending charges, trying to lure me in. So I guess some where between. Pay pal and shapeways contact info is being leaked.

16. LockedPom

LockedPom Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    5:28 PM
    Have you contacted shapeways? Sounds like their billing system may be compromised.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice