eye sight

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by cks, Feb 7, 2009.

1. cks

cks Banned

Local Time:
    2:08 PM
    way off the cock, ball and need to please pussy bar chart.

i've been wearing glasses since i was in 3rd grade, when i was 21, and i just replaced yet another pair of glasses with prices that approach laser slices and or eyeball replacement even.

for what ever reason i believed the whack job and have never gone with the contacts. i wear bi-focals and am pretty much a mess. my sister had the laser eye slice done a couple years ago and is right back where she was but worse due to night time light blindness, star effect from lights.

in short . . .. just spent over $800 on special glasess and know laser per eye cost $1,500.

Your feelings on this.

2. susie q

susie q Dear friend of the Mistress Michelle clan

Local Time:
    3:08 PM
    S..t the bed friend peirce nipples and my eyes :sign0004:

3. Mistress Michelle

Mistress Michelle Magical Mistress

Local Time:
    How about I trade you pets Hospital bill for your eyeglasses bill????
    I'd be happy to, really I would!!

Mistress Michelle

4. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    5:08 AM
    I'd stick with the glasses. If your eyes need that much correction, its probably a lot to ask from laser surgery.. they could stuff it up big time and you'd worse off. At least glasses can be replaced

5. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    As someone who had their eyes done in 2001, I can tell you that it is VERY IMPORTANT to research not only the doctor, but side effects, your own history, etc. In my case, everything went great and I have wonderful vision now. With no complications.

But with all of that said, I had one, if not the best, eye surgeon in the country do my eyes, and since my eyes are so important to me I didn't care if I had to pay more. (having great insurance at the time also helped) As your sister learned, side effets can occur. I was aware of Starring and actually had the problem with contacts. So they made the flap much larger than normal. This way the cut wasn't in the line of focus. Also if you have the surgery done from a well respected group like TLC they will do adjustments if needed. So in my case, if my eyes ever change they'll redo the eyes. But thankfully they've been stable and my regular doctor says it's highly unlikely I'll ever need adjustment.

As far as other side effects. I know of two people who had major problems. One was a lady I dated way back when who had a real cheapo dr do hers. She read a lot and didn't want reading glasses. Told the dr this and made it 1,000,000 percent clear. Well long story short, they really screwed up her close vision. Not a pretty site. Moral of the story, don't go to someone advertising cheap prices. And the flip side is someone I worked with who had complications with the flap not reattaching as her eyes wouldn't stay wet enough. Short version of the story is that she had an excellent dr who worked with her for several months. His ability prevented her from going blind. Moral, like mine you get what you pay for, and paying for the really good doctors isn't for their skill in zapping you, but their skill IF something goes wrong. Hopefully it won't but, if it does, having a great dr take care of your eyes is why you pay more for the insurance of not going blind or having bad side effects.

Anyway, find a good regular eye doctor who can check to see if you're a good candidate. If so they'll let you know. If not, then don't even think about having it done.

6. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:08 PM
    That laser stuff makes me really squeamish!

I have an eye problem of sorts, which I would love to have solved, but the problem is with the link between the eye and the brain...not the eye itself!

Labotomy anyone?!

I think if you've done your research and go for a Dr with good references or personal recommendations and are aware that (like any surgery) there are risks, then you can't go too far wrong!

Good luck.

7. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    YIKES. See that's the problem. Going "too far wrong". I value my eyesight so like you I get very nervous about the thought of messing with my eyes. But my eyes were bothering me so much that we decided that the surgery would be best. And it was the best thing I've ever done.

8. Chastiman

Chastiman Member

Local Time:
    I have been wearing glasses for over 30 years and I too groan when I have to pay for new ones. I seriously considered Lasik surgery but one thought keeps me from having it done. No matter how good the doctor, mistakes can be made. If he makes a mistake with my glasses, it is an easy fix. If he makes a mistake with my eyes??!!!

9. richard

richard Just me

Local Time:
    8:08 PM
    I have a theorey that it is the world that is out of focus, not my vision.

The strange thing is glasses seems to fix this problem too.

rich.
    :innocent0003:

10. cks

cks Banned

Local Time:
    LOL @ richard.

thanks E/everyone for Y/your advice and thoughts!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice