Duties when shipping?

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by DynamicContrast, Apr 4, 2017.

1. DynamicContrast

DynamicContrast New member

Local Time:
    8:16 PM
    Hello all,

Ordered a jailbird at the end of February and was just thinking about the possibility of duty fees as the website mentions. I'm in Canada, has anybody experienced any issues with shipping? I'm prepared to pay of need be, just looking to get an idea of how much, if any.

Excited to receive it regardless!

2. Vinny

Vinny Locked up again. Starting year 6.

Local Time:
    I am in the shipping business and one of the licenses I hold is that for a Customs Broker. I am not familiar with Canadian duties for a chastity device but all imports are subject to them. Depending on how they ship, the volume of mail is so great that they only spot check unless the carrier declares all of its packages on a manifest. At worse you will get a notice that duty is due and how to pay it. You may have to hire a Canadian Customs Broker to prepare the Customs Entry and pay the duty for you to obtain release. It can be costly as we charge $150 USD for an entry and run into many people who are shocked at the cost to import something. In fact, we no longer deal with individuals. Have had a gun pulled on me twice by angry people.

So your cost can be high, as high as half of the cost of the cage or it could slip through the cracks. I only had to pay duty once on a personal item I bought overseas. The other times they came through without being inspected. Cross your fingers.

3. DynamicContrast

DynamicContrast New member

Local Time:
    I appreciate the input! My device arrived late last week, came to about CA$86, so not too bad. I've never really had issues with getting things through customs even when there is a price to pay, so never had to consider hiring a customs broker. This seems almost redundant for a personal package. Isn't it the responsibility of the carriers to make sure the appropriate people would be contacted if need be? Also glad I live somewhere where I don't worry about people pulling guns on me, that's ridiculous.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice