Dry skin after use? (The Curve)

Discussion in 'CB Range' started by tiedroark, Jan 19, 2014.

1. tiedroark

tiedroark Junior Member

Local Time:
    8:54 AM
    Hi all,

Long time lurker, rare poster.

Anyway, I normally use the Curve as my chastity device of choice. I have very few issues without outside of the norm, but I've noticed that after several days of use, or a day or so after several days of use, the bottom right half of the head of my penis gets dried out - skin gets scaly and flaky, but there's no pain or irritation associated. It's just this specific area, and it always happens. It takes about 5-7 days of using the device, and/or about 1-2 days after removal of device.

To clarify about my habits - I do not wear the device to sleep or shower. My wife and I agree that, at least with the Curve, it's not worth the nighttime discomfort, and we feel I get a better clean without it on in the shower. So my penis gets plenty of time to air out, and it gets thoroughly washed and dried every morning. Likewise, I typically clean out the Curve cage when I shower, and use Q-tips/Kleenex/a small towel to thoroughly dry that out, too.

I use lube to put the device on - I thoroughly lube the scrotum (no dryness issues there), and I put a bit of lube on the penis and the inside of the device to just help it slide on. I've used baby oil in the past and considered that might be drying me out over time; I recently made the switch to System JO water-based lube, but the problem persists.

Again, I'm not having any discomfort, and the dry skin clears up on its own after a few days without any problem. I'd just like to avoid the situation entirely if possible; if my wife gives me a weekend of freedom, it sucks to postpone using the device again while I wait for the dry skin to clear.

I'm wondering if perhaps the issue is that some urine/pre-ejaculatory fluid is getting caught up in the cage and causing a humid environment that, therefore, dries out the skin over time? If that seems reasonable, is it equally likely that all I need to do is do a better job of cleaning up with toilet paper/Q-tips after every urination/serious leakage?

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and what they've done to fix it. It always happens, and it's always the lower right quadrant of the head of my penis (and sometimes a bit of the underside of the shaft closest to the head). No pain or irritation is associated with the dryness.

Thanks!

2. tiedroark

tiedroark Junior Member

Local Time:
    Likewise, I'm open to recommendations for any sensitive anti-bacterial or moisturizing soaps that I could wash my penis with every day prior to lock-up that may help the situation, too.

3. Mistress B

Mistress B Mistress B

Business Owner
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    2:54 PM
    It could well be that your toilet habits are to blame. subbies in chastity must be more careful than the normal male who seem to urinate anywhere but in the receptacle.

4. tiedroark

tiedroark Junior Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the reply, Mistress B.

I think I'll certainly keep a better eye on my urination habits in subsequent lock-ups and see if it makes a difference. Beyond that, I might try the stocking method next time and see if less lube makes a different, also. In the meantime, I suppose there's nothing else to do but moisturize!

5. SteveM

SteveM Active member

Local Time:
    9:54 AM
    This is what I do. I urinate and then have a small squirt bottle of soapy water. I squirt that into the tube of my CB6000. Then I use another bottle of plain water to rinse things out. I have some small sponges on a stick that I bought from the Kept for Her website. They fit into the pee slot of the CB very nicely and can be used for scrubbing, applying a moisturizer or drying your penis head. Then I use Q-Tips and follow up with a hair dryer.

I use Vaseline Intensive care as well as a good silicon based lube which not only lubes things but also sheds water rather nicely. Good luck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice