Covid-19 and Life

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Hubby&Missy, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    3:48 PM
    This is so true. I’ve not heard a single person (even in the news) saying something like “Gee I sure wish I had taken those shots a couple years ago”

2. Zevon

Zevon Long term member

retired
    Virginia
    Local Time:
    6:48 PM
    Because none of us delegated our thinking to any government, presstitute, or murderer wearing a lab coat.

3. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Btw, welcome George R. and Slutty Susan to the thread.

4. Fit To Be Tied

Fit To Be Tied Long term member

Retired
    Whidbey Island, Washington
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
  5. atxmtb

atxmtb Long term member

Local Time:
    5:48 PM
    I was never a Biden fan. But that "winter of death" speech was bone chilling. I swear, that president in the Hunger Games (donald sutherland) had more charm. I truly took Biden's comments as a personal insult worthy of a duel. I developed an extreme dislike for the guy, as a president and as a person. What was worse than that speech though is all the sheep who ran right out, got their vax like good sheep, and bragged about it. Biden created a divide in the country with that speech. I lost respect for people I worked with, neighbors, even some family. "How could you listen to a demagogue?" It was useful though. Because I knew right there who I could trust if the shit hit the fan. You've got the brown shirts over there, and the free people over there. Thank you Joe.

6. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I despised Biden when he threatened the 4th of July picnics if we didn’t behave. And that people didn’t revolt…..that explained it all.

7. atxmtb

atxmtb Long term member

Local Time:
    Not to get political, but I will. Folks talk about threats to democracy. Doesn't anyone understand?

Dianna1395 and Lazlo Toth like this.
  8. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:

2A45E6D4-7C9D-4281-9A24-30684F10B57E.png

9. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
  10. Dianna1395

Dianna1395 Long term member

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
    It's OK when THEY do it.
    Not when YOU do it.
    It's really simple: THEY are the Good Guys, so no matter what you do, you're EVIL.
    Whereas, people on our side are looking at the OUTCOMES, not the (pretend, mind) Motivations. THEY are just Virtue Signaling - because if it had worked the first 50 times it was tried, we wouldn't have "this" problem (whatever problem we are talking about; this is why we come to the conclusion, "they" are never arguing in good faith - THEY have their RELIGION to explain why it is good or bad to do something, we are looking at the outcomes - their outcomes, informed by their zealotry, haven't worked n times before, but THIS time, they WILL! If they just Believe Hard Enough! It's a form of Magic - hence Religion is the correct term. Note this sort of person has replaced "God" of any sort with "The State," Whatever "state" that might be. In other words, they MADE a god, a golden calf, so to speak. I think this is why I support religion: Defining a god, and applying the First Commandment, explains a psychological mechanism of human behavior, the need to tie yourself to a higher power. Absent a religion-defined "higher power," the Followers will MAKE a "higher power," such as a State - like Nazi Germany or James Jones or Chairman Mao or Joseph Stalin or Taliban Afghanistan. So define the religion to ensure the State and its apparatchiks KNOW they will face judgement sooner or later, at least.)

You are wrong by existing, basically. They are RIGHT by existing, and accepting the anointing BY their Higher Power, and - cue Cartman - "You WILL respect their AUTHORITAH!"
    Whereas those who are looking at results, SEE these results, and KNOW this is the WRONG outcome, no matter WHO is gaining from the outcome: it's wrong.
    Still a Morality-based judgement, but since it's outcome-based instead of "BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!!!" (Was watching 80s He-Man last night ;-) ) - the morality is a FIXED point. Their morality is movable, based on who is wielding the power - it means less than the words of Humpty Dumpty, in Alice Through The Looking Glass. (https://www.alice-in-wonderland.net/resources/chapters-script/through-the-looking-glass/chapter-6/ - Search for Master, first occurrence.
    ‘But “glory” doesn’t mean “a nice knock-down argument,”’ Alice objected.
    ‘When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.’
    ‘The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean so many different things.’
    ‘The question is,’ said Humpty Dumpty, ‘which is to be master—that’s all.’
    )

It's nailing down Jell-o, because THEY are the good guys, so when THEY do it, IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! aka, "It's For Your Safety," https://www.pressreader.com/usa/the-saline-couriereEf37/20210107/281590948195714)

Given what is happening in USA, if we don't do more than "vote harder," there won't be a Country - OR A WORLD, given US dominance and global trade reliance - if we don't stop pretending these people are sane.

Zevon, Fit To Be Tied and Lazlo Toth like this.
  11. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    This is an excellent description. Thank you Dianna. To echo you, I agree that the moral relativism that results is the fatal flaw. Absence of an absolute right and wrong leads to certain death.

example: Taxation without representation is theft. And if we fail to condemn and cease to condone theft—what ought to enjoy universal scorn—our society is finished.

Dianna1395 and Fit To Be Tied like this.
  12. atxmtb

atxmtb Long term member

Local Time:
    What baffles me is that a sentient human just doesn't see the dissonance when they say, "We need to keep Trump off the ballot to save democracy". I certainly can understand that Trump may not be who everyone wants to vote for. Fine, but to say we need to make sure you can't vote for him, while at the same time saying, we're doing this to preserve democracy, really hurts my brain. I'd normally believe that, oh, nobody really would say that, or they're just bots, they're chinese trying to undermine democracy. Surely, anyone normal would never say that. But I know these people. They really do not see the contradiction. It's not there in the wiring of their brains. I see it as logic 101. If "a is the same as b, is b the same as a" kind of question. They really feel there should be gatekeepers on who is allowed to run for president (or any office). And that people can always trust the gatekeepers. And we never need to vote for them. It's gotten so, I can't discuss things with them. It is why I'm really pretty disillusioned and do not hold out much hope. We have already become what we claim we are against. It is already too late. I'll still do my part, but I just don't see how we survive as the US. Sorry for the uplifting message. Merry Christmas.

Dianna1395, L-u-c-y and Lazlo Toth like this.
  13. Zevon

Zevon Long term member

retired
    Virginia
    Local Time:
    You may as well talk to the wind as try to reason with a bolshevik.

Lazlo Toth and Dianna1395 like this.
  14. atxmtb

atxmtb Long term member

Local Time:
    This guy, a Canadian "journalist" believing that it was our moral obligation to get jabbed and if we refused, we should be ostracized, well, became permanently ostracized himself. He just happened to die suddenly at 33 years old. Cause of death is esentially, his brain died.

Maybe we just need to wait it out. Or let this play out over and over. Eventually the only ones left will be the ones who can think for themselves.

(1) Ian Vandaelle on X: "Protect, my foot. Take the jab or resign, anything else is moral and ethical cowardice. You take an oath to protect citizens? You get vaxxed. Shameful that we have to say this. @TPSOperations" / X (twitter.com)

Zevon, Lazlo Toth and Dianna1395 like this.
  15. Dianna1395

Dianna1395 Long term member

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
    Problem we face is, they take so many intelligent and competent people down with them. Given our current technology, let alone what we are just starting to develop - the stupid may destroy the world, kill everyone, before we get off this rock.

"Funniest" aspect is, because of their hubris, they dont think thry NEED a control group. They'll just do it to everyone, and if people die, that's a price they're willing to pay. They don't realize it can be them that die, too.
    That their children and children's children will face the consequences. That sometimes, things go EXACTLY the opposite of plans. This was the plot of Serenity, you might recall, if you saw it. The Reavers, cannibalistic apacefarers from human stock, turned out to be the results of an experiment by FedGov of the film, wherein the government had tried to make everyone perfectly pacified. Happy and productive forever, docile, under control. But it actually worked to pacify them to the point they stopped doing ANYTHING, they sort of bent over and died. Except for about 3% of the population. 3% went absolutely psychotic, aggressive to the point of destroying people on sight, no compunction about killing, raping, eating people. No self-preservation instinct.
    As one character said, "If we're caught, they'll kill us, rape us, and eat us. If we're really lucky, it will be in that order."

What happens when the powers that be do a similar experiment here? And what's to say they aren't already doing one or more along similar lines? That's assuming they even consider that their actions ARE and experiment. Enough pride, they become stupid: they forget that EVERYTHING becomes an evolutionary pressure, whether it's a created virus, injecting toxins (vaccines are loaded with toxins, check the ingredients), inhaling toxins (coal and gasoline exhausts), how far and fast people and information can travel, etc, etc, etc, ad infinitum.
    So I fear eventually, everybody dies, and we become just another lifeless husk floating through space.
    Whereas if we play it smart and GTFO at least to the moon or colonies in orbit, the species might survive.

Sorry, I'm just on big fucking ray of sunshine, I know.

Lazlo Toth and Fit To Be Tied like this.
  16. atxmtb

atxmtb Long term member

Local Time:
    Oh, You're more optimistic than I. I don't believe there's an escape. We are all in it and there's no way out. But, the hope is, that regardless of what they do, life has a way of surviving. Always has. You can take a garden, spray roundup all over it. Next year, you'll still have some plants. Some still survive.

What's really funny/bizzare to me, is this is nothing new. One of the biggest themes in literature is man makes monster, monster kills man. It plays over and over gain. Mary Shelly and Frankenstein is one of the best known. We are living it today. What can we do? I don't believe we can do anything. We just have to let it play out. You can prepare. For me and my family, in our own little way, we are. Will it be enough? Probably not enough, but maybe. You know the old saying, how fast do you need to run to outrun a bear? Just faster than the guy your with. All those idiots preaching on how we all need to conform and trust the government, and get in line, get jabbed. They're those guys who are good to have around. Because when the bear is chasing you, they are the ones that are going to get caught. They are who will end up saving you.

So really, just stay awake. And just a little faster than the other person. That's all you can do. Well, there's more. You can keep your desire, your passion, your kinks. You can explore your lovers. There is so much to taste and smell and feel. If I die tomorrow, I'll die knowing that I shared and discovered so much. No regrets. Now lock back up, stay safe, and above all, don't waste what you have.

17. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
  18. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I think the most frustrating part for me is how utterly unnecessary so much of this suffering is. Self inflicted wounds. Suicide.

It really is a case of the tyrant burning down the city so they can rule over the ashes.

19. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Tx, I share a similar strategy. Much like the peasants in the Soviet Union. They managed to obtain cheap “dachas” well outside of the cities where they were little threat to the regime. We can’t hide. But we CAN be lower on the priority to tyrannize.

20. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Great one Fit.

Let’s use “their” logic: You may find resisting difficult now, but imagine how tough it WILL be….

21. Servus

Servus Long term member

Germany
    Local Time:
    12:48 AM
    No. They will use other strategies to make you obey.

https://news.mit.edu/2012/wireless-drug-delivery-0216

They can put inside what ever they want. You didnt obey, didnt stay in your homecommunity and talked to people from somewhere else.
    Suffer

You wrote things like these lines on the internet.

Suffer
    If you walk over a red light.

Suffer.

After 10 penalties they might give you the golden shot.

Object 1.345.326 died in an car accident. File closed.

They wont just shut your car off.

Dianna1395 and Zevon like this.
  22. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I like what you said, but that wasn’t my point. Like Tx, I was saying that our best strategy is being unimportant to the tyrants. Can’t outrun the bear. Just the other guy. I gotta last about 30 more years.

Fit To Be Tied and atxmtb like this.
  23. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I KNOW CHRISTMAS PARTIES ARE OVER ... BUT HERE’S SOMETHING TO REMEMBER FOR NEXT YEAR
    *** Unvaccinated Christmas Parties ***
    When sending invitations via email or USPS, be sure to mention something like:

"Warning: my family is unvaccinated, but in the spirit of Yuletide inclusivity, those who have blindly chosen to bend their knees and raise their sleeves for an experimental clot shot because Rachel Maddow or some other dip-shit liberal talking head told you to do so ... you will be welcome as well.

However, for those of you suffering from myocarditis, the defibrillator will be strictly 'first come, first served.'"

Dianna1395 and Lazlo Toth like this.
  24. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
  25. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice