Contender Review (preliminary)

Discussion in 'Male Chastity Now' started by PeturKitty 58, Sep 19, 2019.

1. PeturKitty 58

PeturKitty 58 Long term member

Local Time:
    9:05 PM
    I recently purchased a Contender from Mark at MCN. It arrived super quick and to my exact specifications. The fit and finish of the device is very good. All the pieces were aligned correctly and the welds were perfect. The Contender is much lighter than any of my previous steel devices. I went down one ring size from a 1 3/4 to a 1 5/8ths. I no longer have any sagging or ring spin. I purchased it with the security screw set up. We had a little issue getting it tight enough with the wife's pendant key. A quick 1/4 turn with the provided allen wrench solved that issue. The wife loves her pendant key and has worn it since it arrived. She notice right away that there is no bend to the cage and it kind of sticks out. The cage is 2 3/8" long and does show slightly with tighter pants. Its super easy to pee standing up. Its open design makes it easy to align everything up. I no longer need my Q-tip. Being a more open design does have its draw backs however. I wear soft type under ware to prevent coming in contact with zippers and rough seems. Ouch!
    I've only had the device for a few days. It seems to be getting more comfortable everyday. I do have some minor ball burn, but I think that stems from my body adapting to the slightly tighter base ring. For now my first impression is very positive.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  2. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    For whatever reason my earliest issues with underwear rubbing went away. I bet you will continue to find it gets more comfy over time.

I’ve had a Contender four about five years now. I find it my most comfortable ball trap chastity cage. The open design works very well long term.

great review. Enjoy!

3. andy66

andy66 Long term member

Creative industry
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    1:05 AM
    Looking forward to hearing how you get on moving forward as I think this will be the device I purchase.

4. PeturKitty 58

Local Time:
    Update: So the though of down sizing from the 1 3/4 to a 1 5/8ths didn't quite work out. My intent was to eliminate a little bit of sag, and to stop the device from twisting. But what i ended up with was fighting to get the device on/off and a nasty sore spot after a few days. I ordered another ring 1/16 of an inch smaller (1 11/16). It went on much easier and doesn't seem to be sagging. I'm amazed at what such a slight difference in diameter can make with a base ring. For now it looks promising.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  5. andy66

andy66 Long term member

Creative industry
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    1:05 AM
    Out of interest if you were pierced would that have made things less problematic?

6. PeturKitty 58

Local Time:
    I don't believe so. A piercing would take care of any security issue, but having a property fitted base ring to start with is critical. The smaller ring has definitely resolved the spinning and sagging issues. I'm now having an issue with ball burn. It seems to be worse while sitting for prolong periods of time or riding in the car. I'm thinking i may need to increase the gap up an 1/8 of an inch.

7. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I had issues with sitting for long periods of time. But it seems the more I wear it the less problem I have. Recently made a 20 hour road trip with no issues.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  8. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I have made it routine to lubricate my base ring every morning and evening.

9. PeturKitty 58

Local Time:
    I used a little vaseline just under my ring today before going to work. I have a very physical outdoor job. I had absolutely no issues today. I'm going to increase my gap buy a 1/16th of an inch and see if that helps my sitting issue. I really think I'm close to having a perfect fit.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  10. PeturKitty 58

Local Time:
    With some guidance from Mark at MCN. I adjusted the gap on my Contender's base ring. I ended up going from a 3/8th gap to a 1/2" gap. Huge difference in comfort. Before every thing felt tight and constrictive. Now I hardly feel it at all. I think on work days I'll apply a tiny bit of Vaseline around the base ring and moisturizer on off days.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  11. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Awesome! Glad to hear

12. PeturKitty 58

Local Time:
    So its been a week since I adjusted the gap on my Contender. The "ball burn" I previously experienced from sitting for extended periods of time is totally gone. I've taken several long car rides with no issue. The slight 1/16 inch increase in the base ring made it more comfortable and easier to put on, but not enough for the device to sag or spin. Nite time errections still occur but don't seem to be as bad. For a steel device the Contender is super light and most times i don't even feel it. The open cage design makes it super easy to keep clean. A little body wash in the shower is all you need. The base ring will require some kind of moisturizer or lube as it needs to move with your body. I apply in the morning and at night. A dry ring will start to chaff/burn quick.
    I've tried lots of devices over the years, but MCN's Contender is the best Ive tried.

13. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    That’s great news. It’s amazing how small tweaks can make a world of difference. I find the Contender highly comfortable with low maintenance as well.

14. Locked4xxx

Locked4xxx Member

Local Time:
    6:05 PM
    Ditto. Just bought yesterday. Very nice so far.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice