Choice of metal cage

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by Phil wheat, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Phil wheat

Phil wheat New member

Security operative
    Cheshire
    Local Time:
    8:19 AM
    Firstly thanku for reading,
    I have currently got a cb6000 and as with so many of them it has split along the bottom ,

My gf has ordered me to buy a new metal cage, and althought I cannot be very expensive as funds are tight,
    She has seen one called the " metal male "
    She quite likes it so I was wondering if anyone has or have had one,

Thanku very much

Slave phil

2. BlueEyes

BlueEyes The lifestyle pumps in my veins...
    Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    9:19 AM
    Phil wheat likes this.
  3. cagemeplease

cagemeplease Guest

Phil,
    They have those brand new on Amazon for $15.43 & free shipping. So, I say go for it, with a caveat. Mass produced cages aren't the greatest. Sizing issues, quality issues(burrs, chaffing, pinching) and durability. That being said, don't let it stop you, especially for that price. Use it as a starting point and start saving for a custom sized, custom made cage. I'm recommending you two look at Mature Metal. We have tried approximately 10 different brands/models, including a $1500 Neosteel & a Lori's at over $700. I just could never stay in any of them for long. We tried one last time with the MM and it's great. The couple making & selling them were tons of help, have excellent measuring advice and customer service. The Jailbird model we have ran about $450 with the options we chose. After returning it for one minor, free of charge adjustment, I put it right on and needed no real break-in time. Yesterday was actually 6 weeks with no time out of it and ZERO problems. I am not a paid spokesman nor do I get anything outta plugging their product. I'm just a guy who took 10 years to find the right device. Just save for it like you would a new TV. Until then, the cheap one might be worth trying out. AND YOU GOTTA START SOMEWHERE. Best of luck.
    L

Phil wheat likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice