Cherry Keeper irritation

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by switchling, Sep 17, 2023.

1. switchling

switchling Long term member

Senior management
    Porirua, Greater Wellington, New Zealand
    Local Time:
    11:18 AM
    So, yesterday was 9 weeks in the Cherry Keeper. I wouldn't be out, but for really itchy skin that developed in the final few days. No idea why, if it's due to bugs accumulating because of the semi porous nature of printed nylon, or maybe the skin just tired of reduced airflow, or something completely different. Consequently I have no idea whether this would be any different with metal - though it would sort the porosity and ventilation (with the much thinner bars). I believe I've been good with hygiene, so any pointers to possible causes and remedies gratefully taken...

Two other things that occurred and got progressively more challenging -

Scrotum burn was just not present to begin with, but became a more common issue latterly. I wondered if it might in part be down to colder weather pulling everything right. But it did just seen to become more of an issue generally.

And a curious one. Over time the foreskin that protruded through the end of the cage became a bit puffy. Not to the extent of oedema, just a bit puffy and enlarged. The issue was with peeing. If I wasn't holding the cage back and keeping the flow in check, the foreskin would start to inflate ever so slightly, which would pull the loose skin back into the cage a bit. Because this skin was thickened, it would act as a valve with the end cage bars - restricting flow, causing a pressure increase which caused the foreskin to inflate more and pull the skin back more. Spot the positive feedback loop, leading to painfully inflated knob end until something gave! The other problem this caused was getting the final dribbles out.

2. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    12:18 AM
    The irritation could be due to residue building up on the device it’s self, 9 weeks is a long time to go without cleaning a plastic device.

3. switchling

switchling Long term member

Senior management
    Porirua, Greater Wellington, New Zealand
    Local Time:
    11:18 AM
    Thanks. I wonder, although I had removed the cage a number of times for "deep cleaning", if this was not enough. Either in frequency, or the depth of clean. For instance, I didn't go at it with a brush but relied on soap with hands. On reflection, this probably wouldn't get into the rough surface.

Do you have a cleaning approach you use on plastic cages?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice