Chafing/burning on the front side?

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Gfl, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Gfl

Gfl Member

Local Time:
    11:30 AM
    Hi all! New chastity user here, with a CB 6000s and trying to figure out sizing and comfort issues. I spent a couple days playing around with the various sizing options and trying to get my (high/tight/grower) anatomy to cooperate. Eventually I found I could go a whole day in the 2" base ring and max spacer size, but I popped out in the evening (then tried a tighter base ring right before trying to sleep in it the first time, woke up with numbness and took it off). The following day I stayed in the 2" base ring but started playing around with smaller spacers, and found that the smallest spacer was somewhat uncomfortable but the next one up seemed OK. Not wanting to push things too hard, I increased the spacer size (the next-to-largest spacer) for sleeping in, applied a fairly large bit of lube (coconut oil. Will use silicon next time), and that was my first full night in the device. That night was not uncomfortable (though extremely intense; I don't think I had much time where I wasn't somewhat erect), but when I woke up in the morning, I found that the front side of my scrotum (where the cage portion presses in) was raw and burning, and seemed to have a fluid filled almost-blister. I've now had it off for 2 days, the skin's recovering, though it's still fairly sensitive and somewhat itchy. So...now what? When would it be prudent to start back up, and what's a good plan of attack here in terms of sizing concerns?

Brief summary of sizing info:
    2" base,max gap: comfy, but I slip out. Also I can fit 2 fingers into the ring, which sounds like it's theoretically too large.
    1 7/8" base: seemed to run into numbness issues at night, though I'm willing to try this size again
    1 3/4" base: this was uncomfortable.

2" base, smallest gap: uncomfortable
    2" base, 2nd smallest gap: ok for a few hours during the day
    2" base, 2nd largest gap: comfy, but overnight led to burns/possible blistering.

2. chastingfun

chastingfun Long term member

New England
    Local Time:
    2:30 PM
    Being new, wearing a device is a little shocking to your parts. So far you are doing things right with a little tweeking needed. It the 2" base ring with the 2nd largest gap is comfortable, stick with that for a while your parts get time to adjust and stretch. As long as it is working, don't change it. The purpose of the base ring is to keep the device on your cock. Too tight and you will choke things and blood flow so don't push it. The spacers keep your nuts from coming out. Too tight and your choking blood flow causing pain. So again, you are doing it right.

Lube, lube, lube the base ring often in the beginning with silicone or a petroleum based anti-bacterial healing lube to prevent chafing or sores.

2 things to remedy the area where your cock meet your scrotum where you have the problem.
    1) Let yourself heal fully before putting the device back on. Don't rush!
    2) Lube that area also as often as the base ring.
    3) Inspect that area of the cage for smoothness. There may be a rough spot. It doesn't take much to irritate penis skin. Sand any rough spots smooth with fine sandpaper.

Good luck and keep us posted.

3. Gfl

Gfl Member

Local Time:
    11:30 AM
    Thanks for the input! I've heard a mix of "lube lube lube everywhere!" and "lube lube lube under the scrotum but keep everything else super dry." Something about moisture leading to sores/ickyness. Any input on that front?

4. chastingfun

New England
    Local Time:
    I wear a Chinese stainless steel cage the I modded with one of the mods making a fully enclosed tube. KH keeps me in it long stints (months at at time) so I had to figure out how to keep things healthy.

I lube all the areas I mentioned and occasionally lube the inside with petroleum based lube to keep things healthy and pliable. (A&D ointment that is used for diaper rash). It's OK to lube anywhere you want but the key is wash and clean these areas daily. I use cleaners called Swab-Its to clean and dry things. Only takes minutes in the shower and out to dry. I get them on ebay in 50 packs cheap. 1 package will last all year as they are re-usable. Q-Tips will work but not as well and the cotton can come off and get stuck inside the tube and cause sores when wet. I found out the hard way.

I started out like you with a CB and lubed all the areas I mentioned and never had a problem due to good cleaning.

5. chastingfun

New England
    Local Time:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice