Carrara 2.0 Integrated Lock

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by test4242, Aug 8, 2022.

1. test4242

test4242 Member

Local Time:
    7:05 PM
    Just received my belt today (and it fits fantastically!) and was wondering about the integrated lock. I understand that the manufacturer is Lock America Inc, and from their catalog located at https://www.laigroup.com/pdf/600-camlocks-pluglocks.pdf I believe the closest lock they offer is the S619A/B with the rounded face. However, it seems they use a special "deadbolt" locking mechanism which other cam locks don't offer.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the cam lock or have had success replacing the lock with one from a different manufacturer (maybe a more "secure" lock, I dunno)? It doesn't seem you can buy 'just one' lock from them either since they mostly work with distributors rather than end-user stores like Amazon, etc. There's nothing wrong with the lock, I was just curious since 'upgrades' for security would always be nice.

2. test4242

test4242 Member

Local Time:
    After poking the lock for awhile, I realized the lock could also be a conventional rotating cam lock with a hook which "catches" the latch to prevent unlocking. Won't know until I open the belt up though, which I'm hesitant on because of the glue.

3. nyguy4567

nyguy4567 Junior Member

Local Time:
    3:05 AM
    Congrats on the belt! What options did you get?

Would love to see pictures of you have any.

4. test4242

test4242 Member

Local Time:
    I chose to get three D-rings, two on the sides and one on the back, and the "key cover" which can be locked with a padlock. Fit is pretty good, though the back "bends" or flares outwards, probably because of some wrong measurements.

5. test4242

test4242 Member

Local Time:
    Removing the lock in fact didn't require removing the liner, here are the instructions:
    - Loosen the "hex"-like fasteners within the ball trap
    - Pull the "body" so that the bottom under the keyhole is exposed
    - Unfasten the lock using a torx screwdriver
    Can anyone help identify the lock and/or find replacements? I would love to find a more "secure" lock if possible. Finding a cam lock is easy enough, but I don't know of any which offer a retaining screw (not sure whether the shroud came with the lock or was custom-ordered / custom-made).

https://i.imgur.com/izLwHG0.jpg

6. Prisondude

Prisondude New member

Local Time:
    i wish i could even get an invoice from walter i had measured myself and now cant get a response

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice