Cage sizing.

Discussion in 'Male Chastity Now' started by Peaches, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    11:00 PM
    Base ring is figured out. 1 11/16 at 1/4 gap modified at the bottom to almost 3/8.

I tried a 1 5/8 ring at 1/4 gap bottom modified to 3/8 but it gave my scrotum a sore and I never got comfortable in it.

So I'm currently at 1 1/4 cage diameter. It's too big, but it's a starter cage and it's helped me figure things out so far. I thought about dropping to 1 1/8. The sizing ring fits, but it is very snug when flacid. I want to shorten the cage from 1 3/4 to 1 1/2 and I think the shorter cage will have a thickening effect.

1 3/16 seems to be the next logical choice.

I like the feeling of a tight cage but don't want to go too tight and damage anything or create swelling issues.

Any input? This will be for a contender btw.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  2. Anonoman

Anonoman Long term member

Local Time:
    4:00 AM
    I’ve made my own cage, starting with a cheapo one as a base. The only things left of this are now the base ring and the locking mechanism! I’ve been through many iterations of sizing by trial and error. Sounds like you’re going about it the right way!
    From my experience, and others may well contradict, it’s better to be snug on the diameter and a little more generous on the length. As complete and as grower, this seems to be the best overall compromises for early mornings and not pitching at the tip!
    I can just get a smaller finger in the base ring when flaccid and the gap is a minimum.

CuckeldBull likes this.
  3. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    Keep the 1-5/8” ring around. You may find it fits better later. I stepped down myself.

I like the feeling of a snug cage as well, and did go shorter. I agree and believe there’s a total “volume” relationship between length and width.

But I took some time wearing the device before I stuffed myself in a smaller cage. You may want to wear it for a while and see.

Are you waggling around in the cage, width wise? Are you touching the sides?

I believe in containing your whole glans inside a cage. 1-1/2” should be fine, but you’d need to say how much of a gap you have from the front.

Too narrow, and I can risk backing out entirely. My penis is funny that way. I am wider at the base than the tip, so if I don’t really fit, then I push off what I’m wearing. Or I turtle back entirely, the cage droops, and I pop out all perky and free!

So I guess I wonder- What does very snug mean? Does it bite into your skin? I will bulge against the rods when I’m aroused but when I’m flaccid I stay within. Too tight and you’ll have a constant bite into your skin which could restrict long term wear.

4. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    When completely relaxed I've got a gap at the front of the cage. 1/8 or so maybe a little more. The base of my penis is definitely thicker vs right behind the glans.

So the front ring can get a bit waggly. I am touching at the back ring. But it's not biting in. I definitely don't want it to Bite in when I'm flacid, but I don't want extra space.

The contender is only going to have one ring where my amicus has three.

5. Naljeans

Naljeans Active member

Local Time:
    10:00 PM
    Agree about keeping the smaller ring. The body is very adaptable and you may need it in the next few months.

My owner has been tempted to shorten my cage another 1/4” so that it’s shorter than my most flaccid, allowing zero growth and being “cuter.” However, I learned from the Nub that urinating gets complicated if the cage doesn’t extend past the balls when hanging down.

Also, similar to Peter’s point, I think it’s critical that the entire head fits in the cage, lest it get pushed off.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  6. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Peter how does your glans armor compare to the contender? Talking with Mark it seems the short contenders are basically glans armor with a base ring attachment.

I find it difficult to sit down for long periods with a base ring. Over 2 hours sitting in a car. I thought i might be able to wear the contender alone for road trips providing I have the pa add on.

Your thoughts, as you have both?

7. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Definitely keeping the smaller base ring. When I sell the amicus it's going with the larger 1 3/4 ring.

I'm keeping the 1 11/16 and the 1 5/8

8. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    My GlansArmor2 is tighter than my Contender. This let’s all the weight be carried by my shaft. Also, since I’m hanging freely, that constant of volume (dia x length) comes into play.

I’m only drawn down a little by the low weight GlansArmor. It’s not too different, as I once wore a GlansArmor that I converted to a short straight Contender once I decided to step down 1/8”.

Mind you, I’ve been wearing his work for 5 years now. I took some time to make it more snug. It gets a bit addictive to feel so contained. (It’s not about shrinking!)

Both my GA and my Contender are straight short cages. My Contender cage is even shorter, but slightly wider. I don’t need as much coverage to protect my underside when I’m held back by the base ring.

I have had no problem wearing the Contender base ring for long periods. Is it pushing up against your taint? Or against your thighs? Or just your balls feel squeezed? Perhaps try looser clothing

But I really like my GlansArmor. I definitely stay comfortable in all situations in it. My balls are free to go anywhere, and I can dress to the side and adapt to any motion.

It is very teasing though... my Contender doesn’t let me get hard at all, the shaft only GlansArmor is an exercise in frustration in a different manner.

My wife likes the frustration and “third hand” in teasing me, and so the GlansArmor gets a lot of use in our dynamic. If I need to be extra chastened and calmed down, the Contender works well. I really get less riled up when I’m kept flaccid.

Regardless of any cage you wear I recommend trying to adhere to a no fondling rule. ;)

Peaches likes this.
  9. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    When I sit for too long it feels like the bottom of my scrotum is being pulled.

I do like the shaft only devices for certain situations. But lately I've been craving that contained feeling and it annoys me when I go to the bathroom and I can see open space inside my cage.

10. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    @Clearstatic what are you wearing?

My short Contender with a PA pin holds me still in my cage and keeps me at the tip. Without the PA I will turtle back out of everything I’ve tried. Some pull back is expected. 1/8” is not much.

I don’t know what to say about the bottom of your scrotum being pulled. I wore a much wider base ring at first (2”) and then went smaller (1.75”) and ovalized. The balls are full and happy.

I’m in my Contender now. Perhaps I felt that in 2014 ... but I don’t remember anymore. I do tug on them if they rise up too much. They have room to move.

11. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Amicus. 1.75" long, 1.25" cage diameter. 1 11/16 oval base ring, 1/4 gap, modified to 3/8 gap at the bottom.

Maybe I just need more time under my belt for the sitting down issue.

12. Naljeans

Naljeans Active member

Local Time:
    10:00 PM
    I’ve had this happen when wearing jeans - it’s normally because I didn’t position my package away from my body a bit before putting on underwear. Moving it away from the body just slightly avoids putting much strain on the scrotum.

13. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    I forgot you were in the Amicus.

You will find the Contender cage portion lighter. If that helps.

And if you decide to made the cage portion shorter, you can definitely do that. I kept mine short so I didn’t tug on the piercing when I got mine. I’ve varied my fit down by 1/2” in length over the years. The piercing does keep you at the tip.

If you’re within 1/8” you’re probably good to go with that length! ... or less by 1/4” if you want! I got really uncomfortable at first with my tip pressing through the cage. So I wore it to hang back a bit. Those problems disappeared with time. 1/8” is probably good so you’re not rubbing your glans tip against your underwear.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice