Bon4 Modifications and repairs?

Discussion in 'Bon4' started by CatullusSixteen, Nov 10, 2012.

1. CatullusSixteen

CatullusSixteen New member

Local Time:
    12:12 AM
    So, I bought my first Bon4 around September 2010, and since then, have torn the silicone on TWO different cages (the owner of the company, Peter, sent me a replacement cage after the first one tore and I'm hoping he will again). The tears don't effect the integrity of the cage but they pinch rather uncomfortably and make it unwearable when erect/overnight.

I kind of think it's a design flaw - the angle here is super conducive to stress-tears, and that's where I've been having trouble with these things. I know the Bird Locked is rounded and I'm convinced that's to that cage's advantage in the long run.

In case the offer/warranty for a new cage is not extended to this second Bon4, I'm starting to look into doing some repairs myself (as long as I have two decommissioned devices). The immediately obvious one to me would be melting the tear back together, but I guess I was just curious if anyone else had done this or run into tearing problems with their Bon4s.

2. CatullusSixteen

CatullusSixteen New member

Local Time:
    12:12 AM
    Also, I had come across a silicone rubber adhesive called Sil-Poxy. Sounds like it works well for the folks over at the Bad Dragon forums, but those tears sound like they're on fleshier toys. I suppose it would work just as well on what was sold to me as "medical-grade silicone", a sort of stiffer silicone?

3. Mrsstrapon

Mrsstrapon cdwen mistress

Keeping Sissy in their place!
    Hampshire
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    4:12 AM
    My sissy has some tears on the 44mm & 48mm, Peter has provided a replacement 44mm FOC but awaiting to here back on another 48mm, would buy additional 48mm rings if they were available.

4. Mrsstrapon

Mrsstrapon cdwen mistress

Keeping Sissy in their place!
    Hampshire
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    4:12 AM
    Yes you can buy replacement rings (wear & tear of continual use) if you contact Peter direct.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice