Better Prince Albert pin

Discussion in 'Behind Barz' started by Timberwoof, Jul 11, 2023.

1. Timberwoof

Timberwoof Active member

Local Time:
    12:38 AM
    I found that trying to screw in the ball end of the barbell for the PA modification was tedious and, while using Chaster, would risk a penalty for taking too long to lock up.

So I made a sort of safety pin out of a paper clip. One end is just straight, to go through the two loops and my PA ring. There's a rouble loop made by wrapping the clip around needle-nose pliers, and at the other end a little hook. The loop provides good springiness. Fastening it is easy and fast, and once covered with a cage it's secure.

Here's a photo of my second prototype. I'm sure the little coil spring could be made prettier, and correct sizing of the spring and the hook would provide better clearance for the ring. (Alternatively, both parts of the clip could go through the ring.)
    I bet proper metallurgy could make a real spring out of better metal than "paper clip." PA clip.jpeg
    If you don't want to fiddle with the barbell screws, give this a try.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice