A question about internal locks

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by Kinky Pinky, Sep 16, 2023.

1. Kinky Pinky

Kinky Pinky Member

Student
    Israel
    Local Time:
    8:24 AM
    TL;DR - Is there a brand of internal lock cylinders that make sturdy keys, ones that don't have that super-thin tip that seems like it might break inside the cylinder?

Hey guys, new here and even tough not really that new to chastity I still feel like kind of a noob most of the time cause i was really closed off about it and never had the chance to do the research and ask the questions I had, so here I am :-D

So to the point, I've always preferred the internal lock cylinders over the padlocks that clank and have strange edges that show through thinner cloths, and for the past months I've been using a cheep metal cage from aliexpress with an internal lock...

UNTILL!!!
    The other day I was watching Whatts The Safeword's video where they unbox and review different cheep bdsm products from aliexpress and amazon - And THE SECOND they locked the chastity cage they got (not while wearing it, just locked it) the key broke inside the cylinder! now it's bad enough if that happens on a plastic cage, but I was wearing my metal one at the time and I don't want to even imagine what I'd do if that happened to me wearing that.....
    Needless to say I immediately took it off lol got scared shitless.

So now I'm looking into finally getting a good quality cage instead of the cheap knock off's - probably gonna be a cherry keeper (if you have any input on that I'd love to hear it just don't want this to overshadow my actual question) - and since they don't come with a lock core I was hoping I could find one that's better quality and has a sturdier key (all of the ones I saw had this key with a really thin tip and that's obviously what broke in the video).

So what I wanted to ask was - Does such a lock/key even exist?
    Is there a brand of internal lock cylinders that make sturdy keys, ones that don't have that super-thin tip that seems like it might break inside the cylinder?

and also,
    Did anyone ever have their key break inside the cylinder?
    What did you do?
    Do you think that that's something I actually should worry about or, given I buy a good quality lock, am I just being paranoid?
    And if so, what lock would you recommend to not break?

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers and have a great week !

2. Sissy_Denise

Sissy_Denise Active Sissylander

Local Time:
    1:24 AM
    I think the video was a set-up or just a really rare occurrence. I've used various cages from China and have never had any issues with the keys. Probably someone weakened the key for a scare effect.

Caged4Sazz likes this.
  3. Lovelocked

Lovelocked Long term member

Local Time:
    6:24 AM
    #3 Lovelocked, Sep 16, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
    I believe the keys for the cheap devices are normally made of some sort of alloy and not magnetic. The keys for the Burg Wachter locks are magnetic and appear to be made of steel and should be much stronger.

They are both easy to pick though. It is much more difficult if the lock is a little stiff to turn. What I did to improve security is described in this thread: https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...meone-use-better-lock-technology.42086/page-2. Look for the pictures.

You don't have to make the lock very stiff to turn, even so, it might be best not to use this technique with an alloy key.

4. M@rcellus

M@rcellus Long term member

Local Time:
    If the key breaks then you become a chastity slave for ever and ever. You will exist only to lick your mistress. She may cut your balls off if you slack off doing the housework naked.

Caged4Sazz and rubberboy58 like this.
  5. maiden sissypanies

maiden sissypanies Junior Member

Australia
    Local Time:
    3:24 PM
    I was just talking to a sissy who said just that. He/she wants them removed.

6. M@rcellus

M@rcellus Long term member

Local Time:
    In for a penny in for a pound. Thank goodness my mistress is not on here.

maiden sissypanies likes this.
  7. Kinky Pinky

Kinky Pinky Member

Student
    Israel
    Local Time:
    I knew there was gonna be a wise-a** that's gonna say that - thanks for your useful input. now move along from my thread so that people that aren't as funny as you are can actually answer what I actually asked.

8. Kinky Pinky

Kinky Pinky Member

Student
    Israel
    Local Time:
    Interesting, never thought about that option....

yeah on the one hand steel should be really strong but the thing is the tip of the key is so slim I doubt it would be too hard breaking it even if it is made of quality steel...

9. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    First, understand that the Chinese have two different levels of the knocked off internal barrel locks. A lot of the cages ship with locks that are absolute shire, and will literally fall apart after a few uses. I've had a couple fail on me until I learned to spot the difference. When I found a company selling the better knock offs, I bought four of them so I'd always have a spare. Six years later I'm still on the original one.

That said, if you're really concerned then I suggest you hie thee to Amazon and order the OG. The original licks are made by a German company called Burg-Wachter, and the model is the 6mm ME/2.

You could probably track down the company or someplace not Amazon if you needed to. And IIRC, the Holy Trainer site sells a branded version of them.

The locks are better and the key ^would be brass or steel instead of that crappy zinc alloy.

10. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    Another vote for the burg-wachter locks here, much better than the cheap ones that come supplied.

11. Kinky Pinky

Kinky Pinky Member

Student
    Israel
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the comments!

So you guys think that if I get those OG Burg-Watcher locks there's nothing to worry about?

I mean the Cherry-Keeper isn't metal so not as horrible if somehow the key does break, but still gonna be a serious headache I'd really rather not go through.

12. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    It's a better quality lock with a better quality key.

I have had no issues with the "good" knockoff.

13. Kinky Pinky

Kinky Pinky Member

Student
    Israel
    Local Time:
    Cool thanks a lot :):love:

14. Lovelocked

Local Time:
    On a related issue, the Burg Wachter ME/2 locks were originally produced to put into the keyholes of furniture locks, so that the original furniture key could not be inserted. Many furniture locks have hollow keys that fit over a pin in the lock, so that the Burg Wachter locks have to be hollow. Most of the others are solid as far as I know. A hollow lock means that you can pass a thin wire through it. If your cage also has a hole in the right place you can have the ends of the wire joined with a seal, so that your keyholder will know if you have been tampering with the lock.

I assume that the keys are so long because you might need to push the lock some distance into the keyhole of a piece of furniture. For chastity purposes there is no need for a key that shape, but it seems to have become traditional.

ugams and Locked_Koala like this.
  15. Robynjean22

Robynjean22 Active member

usa
    Local Time:
    I had a tumbler lock cage had problems locking it when had it on. Off had no problems. Anyone ever used the kind with the key is round and hollow

16. LockedinNH2

LockedinNH2 Active member

New Hampshire U.S.A.
    Local Time:
    First cage and key I had (knockoff) the tumbler wouldn’t go all the way into the key way. So it couldn’t really lock securely on you.
    Take it off and try the tumbler would slide all the way. I found it was the cage and ring really not inline for it to easily work.
    Second cage (knockoff) as I wore it longer and the ring and cage started to break in (down) the barrel tumbler started to get sloppy and slight bend in it Probably from sleeping in it Found myself on my stomach one night and the cage never felt right after that. But that’s what you get from cheap knockoff crap.
    You have to ask yourself why is it so much cheaper? Oh I know it’s because they are using cheaper materials , cutting corners, and using cheap labor!!!
    But hey you’re getting a deal right?

17. Saguaro

Saguaro New member

Local Time:
    10:24 PM
    Is going to a keysmith to make a copy of the key with regular key metal not an option? Just asking since I've thought maybe it's good to have additional spares just in case. Or would the thin keys be too hard/uncommon of a design to do?

18. LockedinNH2

New Hampshire U.S.A.
    Local Time:
    Could be an option .
    I don’t know of one I trust enough to say hey here’s the key to my cage. Can you make me a few ??? Not that I know any locksmiths to begin with

19. Saguaro

Saguaro New member

Local Time:
    10:24 PM
    You don't need to say what the key is for, I've never done it. Just say here's the key can you make me a copy, they don't care what it is for truly. You could look around for any keysmiths, where I live it's a fairly common job so you see them in several plazas

20. LockedinNH2

New Hampshire U.S.A.
    Local Time:
    Yeah your talking about the key machine the high school kid slaps the spare into and lets the grinder take over
    I guess you could try.

21. Smarter_Mouse

Smarter_Mouse New member

Science
    London
    Local Time:
    I've actually had one crap DHgate cyliner lock key break on me before... With me stuck inside a metal cage. I managed to Houdini my way out fortunately, which required much meditation to calm my happy little guy who seemed far too enthused to be trapped in a seemingly permanent prison. It did inadvertently kill the idea of cages to me though, since I realised how many ways of escaping one there was.

Some good advice - it's pretty good practice to oil up your locks and keys if they're made of metals that can corrode or rust. Especially for any locks guarding precious treasures

22. Caged4Sazz

Caged4Sazz My wife has become my KH

Wife Pleaser
    NW - UK
    Local Time:
    On a related matter, we noticed yesterday that all the keys for our various cages seem to fit all the locks, which sort of detracts from my KH having both keys.

Would the B-W lock be more secure?
    They do seem quite expensive though, £25 here in the UK.

Are there any other options available?

23. Lovelocked

Local Time:
    I can say something about this, but it is certainly not a definitive answer. I have two Burg Wachter locks. One I have used and one is still in its sealed packet. The packet is transparent, so I can compare the keys visually. It looks as though each of the 3 pins can be in 3 possible positions, giving a tot al of 27 possible key combinations. My two keys appear to be different in one position. If you look at images on Google, you can see that at least some of the other combinations are used, although many of the pictures are clearly from the same source, so it is not possible to be sure that all 27 combinations are used.

Another aspect of security is the ease of picking the lock. When my Burg Wachter lock was new I could pick it easily. I made it much more difficult with the procedure at post #43 here https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...meone-use-better-lock-technology.42086/page-2. Note that you don't need to make the lock very stiff to turn. it just needs to have some resistance.

Caged4Sazz likes this.
  24. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    The thing about breaking the key in the lock is a popular fantasy,
    but if that happens, ...

The working end of the key is in the lock, which means the lock will still turn!

All you have to do is apply the broken end of the key to the stub and you can use the key normally, even though it's broken. If the broken edge is very smooth and won't grip, then laying a section of a rubber band between the two broken parts will give you the grip you need.
    Failing that, on those devices where the locking tab is exposed, as the lock can turn, you can simply push the locking tab to the open position.
    It's no big deal, really!

Caged4Sazz likes this.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Can you ware a stainless steel Chasitiy cage with a internal brass lock in shawer

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice