A Cheap Cage Turned Into a Great Cage

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by chastingfun, Jun 22, 2014.

1. chastingfun

chastingfun Long term member

New England
    Local Time:
    4:52 AM
    Hi Everyone, I am new here but wanted to share my work here so others could enjoy great low cost chastity device experience. If anybody here is like me and does not have several hundred dollars to plop down for custom device, I may have the answer for you for the most secure device I have ever experienced, that is practical and super comfortable to wear and can be used for very long lockups.

My ideal device would be the Steelheart with some of my modifications and additions.

I like most others started out with the CB6000. Kind of cool in the beginning until the pain in back of the scrotum that limited the time you could keep it on. Then the opening on the sides that irritated the skin that keeps protruding out them, then broken rings and cracked tubes. Not to mention the problem with smells and trying to pee standing up.

I moved on to the Birdlocked and while comfortable once you get used to it, you still had the smells and peeing problems. It also allowed you to squeeze and stimulate yourself and escape and re-insertion is quite easy and my KH wife didn't like the fact that the ring is part of the whole unit. She likes to be able to remove the cage and keep the ring on.

My KH wife and I both wanted something that would not allow me to be able to get to that in special spot we have under our cock head to be able to get myself off. She also wants as little of my penis exposed as possible as she wants to severely limit how much of my penis could feel anything and be as secure as any base ring device could be and to meet as many of our requirements as we could. For my KH, any type of device that exposes my penis to touch is out of the question. And it has to look good on. I had all the same concerns with the addition of the peeing issue.

For my KH, any type of device that exposes my penis to touch is out of the question. My ideal device would be the Steelheart with some of my modifications and additions.

That brought us to the Jailhouse steel device. I bought one cheap on Amazon. I loved the feel of the unit and my wife loved the look. Unfortunately some problems cropped up rather quickly. This is the unit I modified and I am currently wearing now and will be for the future. I will talk about my modifications that have turned this into an incredible device for me. Not perfect but very, very nice. My KH wife and I couldn't be happier.

I tinker a lot in my shop so I can modify one of these devices in a few hours. I went through 2 prototypes I purchased until I got it where I want it. These took a little while to figure out and get them where I wanted. I used as many simple tools as I could so others may be able to do this. I have attached pictures of one of my prototypes and what I am currently wearing. I think it looks like a winner. Sure performs like one. For me, I am thrilled to be able to pee like any other guy does.

The Problems:
    1) All the rings are welded at the inside bottom create a very tight space with rough spots. After wearing it for a little over a week, the underside of my penis got sores and a lot of dirt collect there.
    2) At the head of the device, There is a bar that goes from the top to the center hole that blocks the pee slit not allowing you to pee properly and the so called pee hole is useless
    3) The bottom penis head will go into the tip of the cage part that it allows that sweet spot to be touched or licked to orgasm
    4) The length is too long for my penis when soft causing painful erection inside it. This is probably true for most guys in chastity with “Off the Shelf “ devices
    5) Its relative easy to escape and reinsert

Cage Fixes:
    Compressed the rings close together to shorten the length of the tube to fit the length of my penis better.
    Cut the bar out from the top of the tube to the center pee hole and filed smooth. Peeing anywhere any time is a breeze. Like you aren't even wearing a cage.
    Filled the spaces between the rings on the inside of the cage with JB Weld to form a tube. It solved the problem of rough welds and areas that could stay dirty.
    Filled in the spaces in the 4 bottom triangles of the cage tip to prevent access to the sweet spot.
    Very easy to keep clean with foam swabs which allows for easy long term wear and no more smells except for the A&D I use on the base ring.
    It's impossible to stimulate yourself.
    Since the Jailhouse is steel, the little bit of JB Weld is not noticeable in the weight.
    It's not really noticeable with pants on.
    Most importantly, I was able to design an effective anti-pullout.

The key to this whole setup is the anti-pullout device that you will see in the pics. The one in the pics is a rough unfinished prototype made from PVC and quite effective. I may try one with ABS plastic at some point.
    It serves a few purposes,
    1) It keeps your penis head in position all the time, hard or soft, for easy peeing and less erection pain. Especially the nocturnal ones. I am completely flaccid in the pic attached and the anti-pullout keeps the head to the tip of the cage.
    2) It is very difficult to pullout (not impossible) but dam near impossible to get back in with the one in the pics.
    3) It allows use of a comfortable ring size which makes long term wear very easy. No more need trying to downsize rings for security that only cause unbearable erections.

I have a newer modified PVC anti-pullout in the cage I am currently wearing so I can't take pics of it. I tried one that I made from aluminum that seemed good however my skin reacted to it over time so back to PVC. You could get out if you really wanted but the pain would not be worth it. I experienced enough pain trying that I won't do it just to prove a point. On the plus side, you will never get back in. At least I couldn't.

I have attached some pics of my ugly prototype and some of me wearing my current device. The modifications in the pics with me in the device aren't very noticeable and my KH wife loves the look.

Any and all comments are welcomed.
    Feel free to contact me if you want more info.

cage 1.jpg cage 2.jpg cage 3.jpg cage 6.jpg dick 1.jpg dick 2.jpg

mafsub and PUP like this.
  2. richlockedup

richlockedup Member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    9:52 AM
    I too like to play around with these cheap cages to see if they can be improved. I had a similar cage to yours but with a bigger pee through hole. In the end I gave up trying to improve it because in the bath I could still pull out with soapy water. If your cage is mild steel that has been chromed, be careful after you have cut it - I found that the chrome would continue to flake where it had been breached and can cause discomfort. The cage i have now (from ebay) has been modified to attach to my homemade belt - all in stainless steel except for the nylon tube connecting front to back. I am instructed to wear mine now 24/7 and am only let out at the whim of my KH/GF. I still have more to do to mine to make it more secure but it is surprisingly comfortable.

3. I LOVE my Choice!

I LOVE my Choice! Long term member

Western Australia
    Local Time:
    4:52 PM
    GREAT JOB!!!!

I LOVE the idea of making these cheap cages more customised!!! The ones with the concentric ring designs are really good for that!

My only beef is that I don't have the tools to make a secure PA fixing.... I have an idea or two but have yet to coalesce into reality....

I'm no expert but... I 'THINK' those devices with the solid rings like the Jailbird 'MAY' be chrome plated.... So keep an eye out for rust!

I have found the ones with the hinged rings to be of a better quality steel... Like the A080! But that's just my humble opinion!

Once again, GREAT job and thanks for sharing!!

With the absolute kindest regards.

J.

4. chastingfun

New England
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the replies.

Hey richlockedup, please send me a link to the stainless device you got on ebay if it is true stainless. I would love to mess around with one of those.

Having been worked on enough of these I know about the chrome problems and have addressed them enough that I have very few issues with chrome peeling or rusting. Just a touch of JB Weld on any compromised areas seals the deal. I have been in my current one in the pictures a little more than 9 months pretty much 24/7 and you can see how well it's holding up. I have another already setup and ready to go if this one gets bad. I can get a lot of years buying these and making these cheap easy mods before spending 400 to 500 hundred bucks on a device that that may not perform as good as these do.
    A big point for me is anti-pullout. When I got the CB6000, I ordered the KSD anti-pullouts also. I couldn't take the pain from them and they cut me pretty good. Not exactly a solution. When looking at the custom metal units, I se anti-pullouts like spikes or other narrow pieces that can put nasty pressure points that can cause bruises an/or cuts which does not look like a solution either.
    Through many trial and errors, I came to the realization that the anti-pullout needs to cover a large surface and conform to the shape of the cage and penis roundness. This has allowed for extremely minimal pain if any when aroused and no cuts or bruising. Another thing that makes it work is that once your penis is place in the cage, the anti-pullout compresses your penis near the back of the cage as it is inserted which the holds the head of your penis firmly up to the tip of the cage. The pics of the anti-pullout in the pics is is a very rough early prototype. It does work quite well though. Of course if you are totally flaccid and soap up you can pull out. If you are not totally flaccid, it would be very difficult. Getting back in totally flaccid can be done but it is a tedious task soaped up or not an trust me it does not feel good doing it. If you are not totally flaccid it's impossible to get back in.

My current design/prototype anti-pullout makes it extremely difficult to pullout totally flaccid. Could you? Probably, but the pain wouldn't be worth it. Won't happen at all if you are not completely flaccid. Don't even think about getting back in under any circumstance.

5. richlockedup

richlockedup Member

Ireland
    Local Time:
  6. chastingfun

New England
    Local Time:
  7. richlockedup

richlockedup Member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    Yes it is definitely stainless steel and is very well made for the price. I like it because the steel cup at the end prevents me from playing with the tip of my penis and it is a good fit for me. It does however mean that you will be sitting to pee as the holes are small it is impossible for me to line up. I was thinking of getting a urethral insert to "solve" this but the supplier doesn't make them for this cage (I contacted them and did ask). Having said that, I kinda like the humiliation of having to sit/hover. At home I have a small squeeze (washing up liquid) bottle that I use to squirt water into the cage after a pee to keep things cleaner but it is not really necessary as I shower/bath every night. It is hard to get every drip out if you are in a hurry so I sometimes leave a folded up piece of tissue in my underwear afterwards. The reason I made a belt to attach to it is because it just wasn't secure and I am not ready yet to get a PA piercing. Also, night time erections (or when my KH/GF decides I deserve a teasing) are now actually very nice and frustrating instead of painful. I am kept locked all the time except for her pleasure and my one a week martial arts class. I use this short freedom to give the belt/cage a good scrub and clean and trim below. I have discovered that if you are doing mods or additions to your cage I cannot stress how important it is to get it as smooth as possible. I was getting red skin on my side from what looked smooth but if I looked really close at the belt it was not smooth. Fine grit sandpaper and lots of elbow grease fixed it though. :)

8. chastingfun

New England
    Local Time:
    Hey richlockedup: I ordered a stainless device a couple of weeks ago and it came in on Saturday. I should have paid more attention to the order as the one I got oly had 4 rings instaed of the seven on the link you sent me. As a result, the lenght of the bottom wheree the rings where the rings were welded together was really short. As a result, if if tried to compress the didtance of the rings on the top, the whole unit got ridiculously short. I didn't even bother to try it on. Here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Male-Stainl...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
    I trashed it. Only cost me $13.00
    Yesterday I ordered the one like the link you sent me. Can't wait for it to arrive in a few weeks. I appreciate your info.

9. ChasteDilf13

ChasteDilf13 Active member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Great post, thanks for the tips. I too have a cheap stainless steel cage from eBay that I'm thinking of modifying. I originally got a CB-6K but ditched it for many of the same reasons you mentioned. I also found the girth of the 6K to be way too tight making it hard to clean and incredibly uncomfortable during arousal. Some people claim they can be comfortable but it isn't for me.

I found the CB was OK to wear for short periods like a day, but my Keyholder and I want to work up to much longer periods.

I ordered a cheap stainless steel cage from eBay which I've been wearing for several days now, however it has some issues. Primarily that the edges around the ring are too sharp and the cage is just a tad too long. It has the same concentric ring design so I may totally shorten it like you did! That's a great idea.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-s...803?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item41894824a3

The edges are a bigger problem. This particular device has a hinged base ring, which I'm now regretting. I find that the surgical tubing over the hinge makes it unnoticeable, however the edges of the surgical tubing itself pinch the skin when I sleep. The device came with a 1" long piece of 1/4" Inner diameter, 1/16" Wall tubing. I also find the edges of the ring not covered by the tubing a little to sharp.

I've ordered a few feet of 1/4" Inner diameter, 1/32" Wall tubing that I want to wrap around the whole ring:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4-I-D-x-1...030?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417589ac36

My goal is to cover hinge, avoid the 1/6" edges of the tubing, and soften the edges of the ring. Maybe I can also try filing down the edges of the ring and sanding it smooth, though I'm not sure what tools would be suitable for working on stainless steel.

I wish I knew more about machining and welding, I would make myself a solid ring ;)

Anyways, thanks for the inspiration!

10. Nebman

Nebman Member

Local Time:
    3:52 AM
    I have the same Chinese Jailbird. You and a few others here have targeted somewhat similar anti-pullout items. I'm just amazed that no original manufacturer is doing anything like this. I agree that spikes and such do not make sense as an anti-pullout as they really limit long term wear.

11. Subbertie

Subbertie New member

Local Time:
    10:52 AM
    I have also bought one of those cheaper Ching models but it was too long. After a bit of cutting and filing, i put the TIG welder to it, only to have it disappear in smoke. Many people claim "stainless steel", yet few are. Now considering making my own.

12. Karen's Cuck

Karen's Cuck Member

Local Time:
    Nice work on the device and the anti pull out. I'm very interested in the anti pull out and would like to make one for my Jail House. Could you elaborate a bit on the type of material you use. Thanks

13. Karen's Cuck

Karen's Cuck Member

Local Time:
    Great modification and thanks for sharing. Folowing your advise, I made a similar anti pull out using InstaMorph moldable plastic. After about a month of using the Jail House M200, the bottom of the tube where the welds are began to rust a little. I used the InstaMorph plastic here too. After heating the plastic, I molded it to the bottom of the cage and overlapped at both ends to hold it in place. I then put the whole device back into the hot water for a minute. I was then able to press the plastic into the device forming a very thin layer over the welds.

I would love a MM Jail Bird, but, like you, it is more than I can afford. If after 6 months to a year, Karen and I decide to make chastity permanent, I will consider plunking down 3 or 4 hundred dollars. Till then, the Jail House, with your modifications and a few more improvements, will be just fine.

14. foreverintorment

foreverintorment New member

Local Time:
    2:52 AM
    Question, so your anti pullout device basically makes a tight fit to you penis with smooth features? Locked in love has something similar for the cb6000, but it caused chaffing due to point contact. If it is smooth how does it prevent pullout? I have a jailbird with antipullout pins and they don't work. Either too tight and chaffing , or too loose. I was thinking about a similar insert as yours using my pullout pins to lock it in place. Just not shure on how to grab the penis so it won't pull out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice