Buying a jailbird and have some questions

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Curiosity83, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Curiosity83

Curiosity83 New member

Local Time:
    11:26 AM
    So, I've finally decided to make the step up to a jailbird, but there are a few things that aren't completely clear to me.

1. I've seen references here on this forum to "inverted bars" on the jailbird and they seem to be recommended for those that are uncut. Since I'm uncut this is of interest to me, but I don't see an option on the order form for "inverted bars"? This is something of a mystery to me.

2. Since having a low profile is very important to me, my CB-6000s is so bulky that it's clearly visible through the outline of my trousers, I'm very interested in the security screw option. It's not clear to me however if I can still use a padlock on a jailbird with the security screw. There are times when I might find it preferable to be locked with a padlock and I'd therefore only want the security screw option if it doesn't prevent this. Does anyone know if a jailbird equipped with the security screw option can still be locked with a conventional padlock when so desired?

2. manintyres

manintyres Junior Member

Process Operator
    Thurrock
    Local Time:
    10:26 AM
    Mature Metal have a profile on here, they are the best people to ask about this.
    Failing that you could always email them using the address on the website.

They are very helpful and I hope they can answer your questions.

3. SlavePete

SlavePete Member

NJ, USA
    Local Time:
    5:26 AM
    I can't help you with any information on the inverted bars, but my jailbird is awesome. Have been wearing it for a week now.

I ordered the security screw, but also with an extra hole drilled for a padlock. My keyholder has me locked with a padlock and the high security screw at the moment. But this cage is so much more comfortable than my old cb6ks in my opinion.

4. Urcatcher

Urcatcher Active member

Local Time:
    2:26 AM
    I believe you would need to pay extra for a jailbird configured for both a screw lock and a padlock. Direct your inquiry to M.M. I went with just the screw lock and have been quite happy with it. It initially takes some time to get good at aligning the cage and base ring up so that the hole for the screw is aligned, but it gets easier over time. The device is so comfortable anyway if sized properly, that you may not need to unlock and relock too often!:) ( I am locked 24/ 7 since the end of April with monthly brief unlockings to shave and play with Mistress). The padlock adds bulk and can jiggle so I decided not to go with it. I also find the jailbird to be incredibly more comfortable than the CB6000, which I wore previously, hated, and couldn't wear continuously for more than 3 days.

5. SlavePete

SlavePete Member

NJ, USA
    Local Time:
    5:26 AM
    You are correct, I did have to pay for the additional hole for the padlock. But you are right, as long as the cage is properly sized, there is no need to take it off. I have no clue how long I'm going to be locked up for...

6. mistressmaturemetal

Texas
    Local Time:
    3:26 AM
    HI,
    Under the comment section if/when you order, please write UNCUT INVERT FRONT BARS.
    You can use a proper sized lock when not using the screws.
    Thanks
    Mistress MM

manintyres likes this.
  7. Curiosity83

Curiosity83 New member

Local Time:
    11:26 AM
    Thank you very much for your quick answer. I just ordered, hope I got my measurements correct.

mistressmaturemetal likes this.
  8. mistressmaturemetal

Texas
    Local Time:
    3:26 AM
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice