Looking for Those Who Have Moved From Birdlocked to Metal....

Discussion in 'Birdlocked' started by I LOVE my Choice!, May 16, 2013.

1. I LOVE my Choice!

I LOVE my Choice! Long term member

Western Australia
    Local Time:
    7:04 AM
    Hi all!

I am LOVING my Birdlocked PA right now! I had to discard the supplied PA cable as it tore my foreskin to hell, but I replaced it with a bit of bling I had lying around! I got an old silver necklace and adjusted the length until I got it just right - ie very, very minimal tension on my PA ring. The necklace is very flexible too, increasing the comfort level! Then I soldered the links to the rings I used to slip onto the hasp of the lock, giving the best level of security I could concoct.

But...... Speaking of security.....

The BL is definately not a secure device.... even with the anti-pullout chain I am using. A sharp pair of scissors could open it. And, even though there probably is no such thing as a "perfectly" secure device, I feel that metal would certainly prove to be a more psychological and physical deterrent....

I was wondering if there were any guys out there who have moved from the Birdlocked straight to a metal device....?

I am looking to see how the metal devices compare to the comfort of the BL.

From my POV, I cannot fault the comfort of this device. Nocturnal erections only feel like my penis is being gripped by a firm hand. Compared to the pain I felt when in my CB3000, I consider the BL heaven on Earth! I also do not get any chafing either!

My wife and I would like to consider a metal device, but I am worried I will experience that aforementioned pain during nightime erections again - ie when a solid ring pulls on your scrotum and it feels like its on fire! Not to mention chafing too!

Can anyone offer their opinion on a direct comparison of comfort when switching from the BL to a fixed ring metal device (any device!) please please?

With many thanks and the absolute kindest regards

J

2. trix

trix New member

Local Time:
    1:04 AM
    Hi,

Yes I could not agree more - BirdLocked is great for not having to much pain when penis is trying to get hard (during the day or night). Like you said if you want to get out of it you just need a pair of scissors and off it is. I for one would never take it off if my KeyHolder would not allow it. But you always know that you can set yourself free if you want and this is the down side of Birdlocked. Other than that for me is a great CD.

This is why my KeyHolder and me just recently went for a full metal device. The main difference is that in one way it offers more comfort and in other it offers it waaaay less. More comfort I experienced with the "ring" part of device. BirdlLocked is kind of wide in this part, so just a solid metal ring around the penis and the balls is much much more comfortable than the "base ring" of the BirdLocked. The way less comfort side is the cage - the sensation is not like you said like gripped by a firm hand but it a solid sensation. I love the feeling of penis trying to get fully errect and presses on every corner of the metal cage. It hurts a bit, but in a good way - this I have not expirenced with the BirdLocked. One more thing I realy like about my metal cage is that I do not need to take the CD off to firmly clean the device and penis. We bought a spiral model so this makes it easy to clean.

I think that the silicon / plastic devices are good for first time users, but when you think you are ready to step to the next level - metal is the way to go.

3. IWalkTheLine

IWalkTheLine Member

Local Time:
    7:04 PM
    Ask yourself whether metal would be more of a psychological DETERRENT or whether you want a metal device because you find the idea of wearing one more AROUSING. Then ask yourself whether or not you NEED more of a physical DETERRENT. Are you *really* worried about cutting yourself out of the $150 device your keyholder placed you in?

Furthermore, if you're practicing what I'd consider to be reasonably sane and safe chastity (something I'm sure many people don't do), and you are wearing a metal device, you should have access to a key in the event of some kind of emergency. So there goes that increased level of physical deterrence. In fact, there's a good argument in favor of silicone here. Sane and safe chastity in silicone doesn't require you to have access to a key. If you must, you can always ruin the device.

The reasons you gave strike me as poor ones for trying to justify a metal device. Of course, there are plenty of *other* reasons for which one might want a metal device. And if it will turn you or your partner(s) on more, and you want that, that's a fine reason. But I can't see selling this reason under the label of increased psychological deterrent if one is safe and sane.

4. IWalkTheLine

IWalkTheLine Member

Local Time:
    I should add to the above that anyone with access to a hardware store (or who owns a couple of standard tools) can be out of most metal devices in a matter of seconds. It's trivial to cut your PA chain. And it's almost as trivial to cut a padlock.

5. I LOVE my Choice!

I LOVE my Choice! Long term member

Western Australia
    Local Time:
    7:04 AM
    Hey! Thank you for the thoughtful responses so far!

I have been thinking about things this past week, and I must say I Walk The Line you must be a bit of a mindreader!

As I said in my initial post, I think all chastity devices can be defeated by anyone determined enough! And I agree with IWTL's comments on that utterly!

So... the question I ask myself is: why bother being in chastity if you want to break out of chastity???!

My answer is - of course - I don't want to break out! That would defeat the whole purpose, wouldn't it!

So.... that leads to: why bother with a metal device as opposed to the BL if you're not gonna break out?

That is a good question indeed!!!

And, once again, IWTL has hit the nail on the head! I think for ME the 'allure' of steel is that it looks and probably feels more 'secure'. Maybe that should also read 'permanent'. Yes-tools will defeat it, but unless one goes to those lengths, then the 'reality' is that the only way out of a metal cage is from that key turning in the lock.....

I guess that is more of a thrill that looking down and thinking "scissors"! Or "plastic"! Even though I never would take to the scissors, the fact that I 'COULD' is still there.... And plastic can and does break......

Really, what this is is a question of mindset I guess..... If one is not going to tamper with their chastity device, then one could wear a plastic bag and be safe and happy with that!! But I also guess my mind says right now "steel harder than plastic/silicone."

The reality is it doesn't really matter! The only way I'll get out of my BL is from that key turning in the lock! Or through the device breaking!!!

So-with that in mind, I've embarked on a plan to reduce the possibility of breakage of the parts of my BL I consider to be at most risk - namely the strap and the plastic locking pin. And... you guessed it!!! I'll replace them with steel components!

I feel this will give me the prod for the mindset shift that I'm looking for.... And, for me, there is allure and pleasure in knowing that I've got no way of getting out without that key. Not even via an accident!

So.... I guess after this self-reflection, I'll rephrase my question to sate my curiosity. What I would like to know is how metal devices compare to this marvellous BL in terms of comfort, NOT in terms of security!!

If you have made the switch (and my humble thanks to Trix for his input here!!!!) and want to share how they compare, please let me know!

Thanks again everyone!

J

6. IWalkTheLine

IWalkTheLine Member

Local Time:
    I haven't made the switch (can't afford it), but from what I've read (and I've read quite a lot), a custom metal device is the peak of comfort. There's a problem with getting a custom metal device, however. You need to know the measurements (among other things). And that seems to require most folks a lot of trial and error (and a lot of money). In this game, the perfect fit is HARD to come by cheaply. For now, I'll be sticking with my Birdlocked.

7. trix

trix New member

Local Time:
    1:04 AM
    The main issue that we need to remember is that if you are thinking of taking the device off without the permisson of the KeyHolder than there is something wrong. Keep in mind, that you must have a set of rules that you have to obey no matter what. That said I never did take off the BirdLocked or my Steel cage without explicit approval of my KeyHolder or based on the rules wich me and my KeyHolder have both agreed in our Chastity contract. I have access to the emergency key all the time, but I would never use it in other purpose than just that - emergency.

Like IWalkTheLine said custom metal devices or a metal device that feets you perfectly is a peak of comfort. For a true custom metal device you will have to pay a "bit" more than for any other device but it will be a blessing for comfort. I have now a choice to wear the BirdLocked or Steel but I stick to steel since comfort level is much better and the cleaning in way less hussle. And the one more thing I like about the steel device is that they alow for to skin to breathe and you are not fully coverd like in the BirdLocked.

8. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    12:04 AM
    thats just silly, why get your Mistress to lock you up if after She has you gonna break it off. you might as well not been locked up anyway.

trix likes this.
  9. IWalkTheLine

IWalkTheLine Member

Local Time:
    I think you misread my post.

10. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    12:04 AM
    well if i have, im sorry. :spank:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice