Why I didn't buy MM

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Gabriellia, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Gabriellia

Gabriellia Long term member

Tech
    Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    1:21 PM
    Okay this is not meant to be disrespectful! This is just why I picked Steelworxx over MM. I would have much rather had a US manufacture than any other. So that is a plus.

I really like Steelwerks but I could not do that price point, same for Ms Lori's...

So for me it was between MM and Steelworxx, I'm sure there are others that were considered but these were the top two...

I really, really wanted an integrated lock. I've some mm on here with that but nothing on the site. I know they have done it but could not find it on the site. I contacted them about a year ago and was told they were working on it. This was the top reason. I want to get rid of that bulky clicking lock... I decided that was a must if i was going to spend 400 bucks.

Exchange rate. Finally at a US to Euro that has it in the $400 range. At $500 not worth it.

A want, not a need. The plug. If I could have gotten a MM Keep or Jail for 300-350 with integrated lock, Most likely would have gone with MM of others.

One of the things I didn't like about MM, is the offset between the penis ring and the cock ring. They are not lined up like they are on others. I have seen a few complaints that they didn't like this. Once again, I have seen pictures of this corrected on this forum. Maybe I should not say corrected, I'm sure it was a special order.

What I like about MM. Customer service! I here they are top notch and last year when I contacted them about the integrated lock they were very responsive as they are on here. Steelworxx, not so much. I don't know why, they did respond to each of my emails' but i would send one and wait a day for the response. Then reply and wait another day. and so on. The time difference is large but that is not enough for only on email a day. I'm sure if there are any issues the the device they will fix it but from what I heard MM is very responsive.

Again, this is not meant to be anything negative on MM. It is my reason and mine alone. Lets see some others with similar comments as to why you did or did not buy MM. I this this could be very helpful to MM!

One caveat, I don't have my Steelwoxx's looker 01 yet. So I a month I could be writing "Why I should have bought a MM device!"

2. maturemetal

maturemetal CUSTOM CAGES AND TUBES

Local Time:
    Hi I am glad you started this thread as it always helps me get better. I do listen and respond to customer suggestions. I just wanted to address the base ring offset real quick. The idea for the oval base ring is to keep the gap close to the same all the way around. This does make it more secure and more comfortable. So with that in mind is the difference between the cage and the ring diameter is within 1/4" (ie. cage diameter 1 3/8" and ring 1 5/8") then the post on the base ring should be mounted to the top of the ring. This gives it that added uniformed gap. However if the cage and ring inside diameter are more than 1/4" (ie. Cage diameter 1 3/8"or , ring diameter 1 3/4") difference then the post should be mounted to the side of the ring. Again it makes for a more uniformed gap.

I did take part in a Steel Works / Mature Metal hybrid. It was very cool with the integrated lock and extra rings. But I suspect that will be a one of a kind.

Again Thank You for starting the thread. William

3. Gabriellia

Gabriellia Long term member

Tech
    Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    I'm glad you didn't take offense. I just wanted to address my opinion and you know what they say about those. LOL

4. locked4her55

locked4her55 Seasoned Member

Local Time:
    2:21 PM
    I hear ya, but for me it wasn't a "deal breaker". I have the MM Jail Bird with the High Security Screw and yes if I was putting it on and off a lot I might have wanted something else. When I am "locked" or in my case "screwed shut" it's for a pretty lengthly time. It's another reason why I don't mind the solid ring i have to squeeze myself into. If they ever come out with the integrated lock I might see if my JB could be adapted but for now I'm very happy being "screwed" :haha4: Love the look and love the customer service from MM

5. hardbodysub

hardbodysub BrokeTheMold

Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    2:21 PM
    I have a JailBird, and also don't like the offset between the base ring and cage. MM interpreted this as an issue with the gap, but that's not the only problem with it. A bigger problem is that, since the locking post is significantly higher than the cage, it juts out, creating an unnatural pinpoint bulge in some clothing. A smoother profile would be greatly preferable. I think the anti-pullout system that I have comes with a longer locking post, which makes the bulge more noticeable. IMO, the anti-pullout feature is ineffective, so getting rid of it and having a smaller post would help, but I'd also rather have the post closer to the cage level to maintain a smoother profile.

I would also greatly prefer an integrated lock.

6. JT52

JT52 Member

Local Time:
    11:21 AM
    I've bought 2 cages form MM so far and if they came out with an integrated lock I would buy another one. I'll echo the odd buldge in some clothes problem.

My only complaint is the curve in the Jailbird. I understand why it's there I just didn't realize from looking at the pictures on the website how the curve vs. length is calculated. I'm not saying I want to send it back either. Its just that I get hard straight, not curved, so I don't end up filling the end up. It seems pointless. I guess you could say my measurements were wrong, except had the cage been less curved it would have been fine. I didn't know to ask for that when ordering.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice