Difficulty with First Chastity Device. Help!

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by William Jackson, Mar 7, 2024.

1. William Jackson

William Jackson New member

Local Time:
    1:46 AM
    Hi all,

My girlfriend and I have recently been experimenting with chastity. I’ve tried a few devices from HoD with little success.

I have this problem - a 55mm oval ring allows me to slip out.

a 50mm oval ring doesn’t, but it slides forward when I become erect. I think this is what’s causing part of my scrotum to become cold and so I then end up removing it for safety concerns.

Should I go up or down in size? I am honestly unsure. Given I’m getting cold whilst wearing, but also that it doesn’t seem tight enough to prevent movement of the cage, I’m confused as to what to do. Should I try circular ring instead?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. OrdinaryGuy

OrdinaryGuy Member

Local Time:
    7:46 PM
    For me, ring size had to do with ball comfort (especially underneath) and balls escaping. Having the cage side forward during erection was an issue of me trying to go too small. I really needed a much longer tube. It'll still push out a little. But no where near as much as an undersized cage.

3. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    12:46 AM
    Go to cherry keeper do you can get a device with a ring in between those sizes. The do rings that go up by the mm, and you would not believe the difference a mm can make!

4. Littlejt1

Littlejt1 Long term member

Texas
    Local Time:
    5:46 PM
    Custom is your best bet. I personally don’t like any plastics or resin (3D print) cages as they will harbor odor over time… doesn’t matter how diligent you clean. That being said, the resin 3D print ones are awesome for customization.

Some of it depends on how serious you and your partner are about the lifestyle, and how much you feel you want to invest. Many of us have been there and started out with fixed dimension cages, tried several, then finally took the plunge and went custom, bitching about the cost… but if I add up all the trial/error cages I could have bought custom right away.

I will say on the ring pulling down when you’re erect, that does happen sometimes, and especially if you’re a “grower” (I am and part of why we went away from ball trap devices). When that happens, usually going to pee and then readjusting things can help. Body will get used to it over time… and that is if your ring fits well, which as another person mentioned, you prob need a 52-53mm ring etc.

Best fit advice on ring is it should “hug” around your entire package and you should be able to slip your index finger in at the top (12 o’clock) of the ring. Also, if you didn’t do a good break in period (wearing the cage short periods then slowly increasing time) that could help you get “used” to it.

5. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    12:46 AM
    #5 bondinchas, Mar 9, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
    There's more than just the base ring size to worry about.
    Fitting a chastity cage is as complex as fitting a suit or a pair of shoes!

The base ring diameter needs to be comfortable around the base of your penis, behind the scrotum.
    The gap between the two rings is what actually holds the device in place - too tight and that will restrict circulation, too loose and the device will move around too much. Whether your balls hang low or are high and tight also affects how big the gap needs to be.
    With some cages, the volume of the cage will affect the space between the cage and the base ring which will also vary the fit even if all the other measurements are the same. A large downward pointing tube will support the cage on your scrotum much more than a short straight out tube will.

Have a read of this post too...
    https://www.chastitymansion.com/forums/index.php?threads/too-small.54588/#post-677590

From the info you give, your 55mm base ring is definitely too large, the 50mm ring might also be too big, and I'd be fairly certain that the length of the tube is too long.
    A short tube helps to prevent you getting an erection, by not giving the penis any room to expand lengthways. The ideal length is such that the tip of your penis is nearly always touching the end of the tube.
    If you sat in an ice cold bath, how long is your penis then?
    Your cage tube doesn't need to be any longer than that!

6. saruman

saruman Active member

Local Time:
    1:46 AM
    I think it really is a matter of trial and error. Each man's configuration is different. As for the ring, go as small as you can without closing off any blood circulation. Cold balls are a sign the ring may be too small, but it could also be a matter of getting used to it. Remember 45mms is average. The shape might also make a difference here, and the material (plastic, metal) too.

7. Robert Sale

Robert Sale Happy in chastity

Retired
    USA Lockhart,TX
    Local Time:
    6:46 PM
    If you don’t go custom, I highly suggest an elastic chastity belt. I wear one 24/7 and cannot recommend them enough. I wear a 50mm ring that is a little loose all by itself but that does not chafe which makes indefinite lock up periods possible. You can search “elastic chastity belt” on Amazon and they come right up and are relatively inexpensive. Just my two cents worth…

8. Spankuuuu

Spankuuuu Long term member

Marine tech
    Quitman
    Local Time:
    What really sucks in finding a base ring that fits comfortably is knowing you could probably use a base ring smaller than a 50mm but you have a nut that will not allow one smaller and the hinged rings just don’t seem to work too well that after time I have figured out.

9. Robert Sale

Robert Sale Happy in chastity

Retired
    USA Lockhart,TX
    Local Time:
    I know what you mean. I fit comfortably enough in a 40mm ring but because my scrotum has a habit of shifting I got some nasty friction burns wearing it. I bought a plastic cage that included four different size rings and discovered the 52mm ring seated slightly better than the 48 mm one(really? 4 mm is that critical?) so I ordered some 50mm metal rings for my cages knowing they would be slightly loose but comfortable enough for extended wear. I swear by elastic chastity belts. I have one with three harness points that I wear during the day and one with two harness points for bedtime. They both are very comfortable and have no visible profile under clothing. You can find them on Amazon and they are pretty inexpensive. In fact, I recently ordered more as replacements as elastic doesn’t last forever and I didn’t want to be without.

10. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    7:46 PM
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice