Behind Barz Waist Sizing

Discussion in 'Behind Barz' started by allthebluetwo, Feb 21, 2024.

1. allthebluetwo

allthebluetwo Member

Local Time:
    5:59 AM
    Does anyone have any feedback on the sizing of the waistbands? I am hoping to place an order this weekend, just looking at size of the waistbands.

I normally wear 32/33” waist jeans, on measuring per the instructions it’s coming out about 36/37” - seems a huge difference! I was originally planning to order a 34” belt, do you think this sounds right or should I go one larger - that just in my head seems like it will be huge!?

Thanks

2. Unremarkable Jamie

Unremarkable Jamie Active member

Local Time:
    12:59 AM
    I've always worn 32 inch for my clothes size, getting towards 33 or 34 as I've gotten older. I ordered the 34 inch belt and have it on the smallest setting. It's either just right or could be a touch tighter, so it sounds like 34 might be right for you unless you like things real tight. YMMV

allthebluetwo likes this.
  3. Timberwoof

Timberwoof Active member

Local Time:
    9:59 PM
    I followed the directions as published and the belt fits me well. It took some experimentation to get the fit right, but as it has plenty of adjustability both ways, you should be fine.
    Be prepared to take a knee to the belt to get the curve right for you. Once you have the sizing right, mark where it is right and where there are gaps. Then apply the right subtle bends to it.

4. JessMal

JessMal Active member

Local Time:
    12:59 AM
    It does take some time. It's supposed to ride low -- lower then your pants normally do. I found that for me, having it ride just a hair higher made it a lot more comfortable.

5. Oliver Knight

Oliver Knight New member

Local Time:
    6:59 AM
    Stuff they do not tell you on the website is that you cannot specify the length of the rod. You know, the one that goes between the cheeks. ;-)

Mine is too long and they told me to pay 25 pounds to get it replaced by a rod with the correct length. I am understandably not happy with their support.

I believe that when in doubt it is better to get a smaller waist size. Because when the belt is hanging too loose, it is very uncomfortable.

In the end I feel that the belt is less custom-sized then what one can expect from such an expensive belt. But that´s my personal opinion.

Hope this helps. Ask me anything. ;-)

Timberwoof likes this.
  6. Timberwoof

Timberwoof Active member

Local Time:
    9:59 PM
    I recently ordered a steel-cable rod. It is a big improvement over the wire one and can be ordered to match the waist size. If you are ordering a new belt, get the cable.

"stag" beta tester likes this.
  7. allthebluetwo

allthebluetwo Member

Local Time:
    5:59 AM
    Thanks for all the comments - most helpful! I'm going to order both rods I think so I can have a play and see what I find most comfortable.

8. Latexslave2307

Latexslave2307 There is no cock better then a locked cock!

Netherlands
    Local Time:
    6:59 AM
    I just got from the hardware store some tools to saw some length of the rod off and cut some metric wire on the rod. Spend about 10 euros for the tools and make them self a little shorter.

But I do have the flexible rod, and that’s a big plus! You should have them!

9. hgj2

hgj2 Member

Local Time:
    7:59 AM
    Well I made measurement mistake first time and ordered too large waistband. Luckily BB offered possibility to change to smaller waistband sides with small fee but since there will be again some shipping costs+taxes+custom declaration pain. I just decided just keep existing ones and buy smaller ones. That was good decision since I gained some weight and now larger fits well :) Now I can adjust my belt from 36" to 44".

I don't use rod or cable at all. Belt is secure enough and is very comfortable and toilet visit are nicer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice