Metal Allergy

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Shiny27, Feb 17, 2024.

1. Shiny27

Shiny27 New member

Local Time:
    12:31 AM
    Hi all, I have a mild allergy to most metals (including surgical stainless steel - yes, really, it's possible) and can't wear metal belts for very long before a rash breaks out.

I have a Carrara and plan to line the inside with rubber so I can wear it full time. (Neoprene also gives me issues, so I think rubber is the way to go.) I know the rear string on Carrara belts, and a lot of other metal belts, is coated in a kind of rubber, but I don't know what kind it is - I need something thin but durable, that won't break down from prolonged contact with the steel. Does anyone know or have experience with lining belts with rubber or other material?

I've asked the manufacturer what they use but the Carrara makers are notorious for slow response times.

2. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    6:31 AM
    Could plastidip work for you?

3. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    3:31 PM
    I can’t imagine that’s going to be practical, to take an item like a full belt that’s already bulky and then try to coat the whole thing in rubber so no metal touches your skin.

How about a chastity cage in titanium or non metal like a Cherry Keeper or Evotion device?

JaySaysYes likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice