Grower Malaise

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Charb, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Charb

Charb New member

Local Time:
    12:28 PM
    Another grower thread.

Wife and I have been trying to figure this out for 4 years now. Most recently I went through the Mature Metal process and got a watchful mistress. We went around a couple times with the ring, but I can't get it to work. An appropriately small ring that meets sizing guidelines becomes a tourniquet as soon as I start getting excited. Dark balls and shaft, aching lower back and all. I'm not convinced another couple hundred dollars is going to solve this problem.

Here's the thing- before I had a cherry keeper. Everything was wider and the tube much shorter. While the rideout was annoying, I could actually sleep in it without a nightly circulation scare. But my skin started to reject it in places, and the ring chafed the base of my scrotum.

I am considering trying to get 1 more mm cage made in the dimensions of the cherry keeper. I suspect the steel will eliminate the dermatitis and not chafe as bad. Am I crazy?

And please don't tell me I didn't measure right. I definitely did, and did it 10 times.

2. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    7:28 PM
    This is just a normal part of long term wear that only wearing it, and some lube (e.g. coconut oil) regularly applied, can get past.

FWIW we went through several cages, vice, custom plastic, chinese steel, refining sizes and styles, before arriving at this one. It takes a lot of time and effort.

3. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    I don’t think you will avoid chafing ether, your body has to get used to the new restrictions you have placed on it, i found a good moisturiser to work wonders.

4. Mistress2U

Verified Female

Leader
    Midwest US
    Local Time:
    1:28 PM
    What kind of moisturizer do you recommend? My slave recently started having issues to the point he is getting cuts, device is taken off to heal, and we have to start the process all over again.
    Thank you in advance,
    ~Mistress Anika and xcite2

madams-sissysub likes this.
  5. cshorts

cshorts Locked in love for SL

Bay Area, California
    Local Time:
    11:28 AM
    What works for me (and a number of others hear swear by it too) is baby oil gel — I apply it every morning and I’m fine. But everyone is different (and I seem to be luckier than most — I’ve never had a problem with long time wear, which for me typically means 30-60 days without unlocking)

6. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    I’m in the uk and use a brand called bulldog, it really suits my skin type. Not sure if you can get it in the states.

alphonsus likes this.
  7. handsolo

handsolo Long term member

Local Time:
    2:28 PM
    As a grower, the issue is familiar. Going to a ring large enough to grind sores into the skin in a week or two results in random tecticle escapes, redering the device unwearable. My next attempt will to go with a larger than recommended base ring, just barely snugger than the flaccid dimension. I will then add an additional ring to the back of the penis tube, reducing the effective gap to that which will prevent escape. The device will droop down rather than hugging against the body, which is an aesthetic negative, but it should be effective. I've also seen the option for a "testicle bar" or some such that address the issue similarly.

8. GGsubby

GGsubby Member

Local Time:
    I had a similar issue. I purchased several size cages and rings from Cherry Keeper, then I went to Red Chili to make a similar size. You can get a shorter and wider cage to help with the nighttime erections. The Red Chili device I purchased came with a chain to go around my waist, which made all the difference for nighttime erections. Finally, you can purchase these devices with different gaps between the ring and cage. The gap is what keeps it on your body, but few designers offer a gap adjustment. You can go with a wider ring, a larger diameter cage, with a shorter length cage, and a minimum gap. Also, a cage that points down as much as possible will also minimize nighttime erections. I bought about 10 options from Cherry Keeper until I found the answer. I am also very large and any of the standard devices would just cause pain and reduced circulation. Don’t think a smaller ring makes you more submissive or something. I ended up with a 70mm ring and a very short/wide cage and now I can go weeks.

9. GGsubby

GGsubby Member

Local Time:
    Red Chili offers a chain to go around your waist to hold up the device. It becomes harder to get out of also

handsolo likes this.
  10. Charb

Charb New member

Local Time:
    12:28 PM
    I've shelved my MM cage and got a cobra that matches the dimensions of my old cherry keeper. I can sleep in my cage again but I will probably get an uncurved ring to reduce the gap a bit. Hoping the cobra addresses the skin irritation I was getting from the cherry keeper. No burning under scrotum or base ring sores. So looser cage looks like the answer for me. When I'm really confident in a fit I'll get the PA.

I hate to say it but the MM/one knuckle sizing guide straight up doesn't work for my body as a grower.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice