The Spiral (2011) by Tickleberry!

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by chaste777, Mar 7, 2011.

1. chaste777

chaste777 chaste777

Local Time:
    12:02 AM
    Having previously used the CB-2000, the CB-3000, the CB-6000S and the CB-6000, I thought I would invest in a more sturdier device.

Having received a recommendation from one happy customer, I thought I'd try out the Spiral from www.tickleberry.co.uk

Please note that the Spiral by Tickleberry is different from similar, cheap, bootlegged versions that can be found on sale on eBay and other sites. The cheaper bootleg, often found on sale on eBay, uses cheap metal, is manufactured differently, and the inside is prone to rusting.

The Spiral is manufactured from 316 medical grade stainless steel and is built differently.

The previous version had a padlock design. The 2011 version has a new special screw closure mechanism and comes with a special key and spare special screw. The new lock is designed to prevent against annoying rattling (and I guess it also helps to differentiate it from the cheaper knock offs on sale on eBay and elsewhere, which are prone to rust).

It comes in three different ring sizes; 40mm, 45mm and 50mm. Only 40mm was on sale wehn I last logged on to Tickleberry, but no matter, as that was the size ring that I wanted. :cool:

Due to personal and medical reasons which I will not bore you with, I decided to bow out of the BDSM and fetish scene from the point of view of an active participant. However, I thought I'd through caution to the wind and treat myself to the new 2011 Spiral design; I could do with some cheering up! LOL!!!

(Please note that I have no connection whatsoever to Tickleberry, other than the fact that I have just purchased the aforementioned chastity device from them. The above is merely the start of a potential review of this product for the benefit of others.)

Initial thoughts and observations:

• I chose a 40mm dia internal cuff ring size as I wanted a nice tight fit, but they are getting into stock size 45mm dia and 50mm dia variants.
    • The cage is longer than the CB6000S but smaller than the CB6000.
    • Due to the way it is constructed (a spiral design with a thin cuff ring), it is lightweight to wear in comparison to other metal devices.
    • It uses a special screw, which requires a special screwdriver to unlock, not unlike the screws one can sometimes find on electrical items; to prevent customers from attempting to dismantle and repair their own electrical items. This helps prevent the sub from trying to remove the screw.
    • If one found the right size padlock, a padlock might fit the device. Not sure though, until I can look at suitable size padlocks in a hardware store.
    • The thin bars at the bottom could allow the addition of a PA piercing, to help prevent pull-out.
    • The device does sag a bit when one gets out of the bath, but then again, so did my lighterweight CB-6000, so this is not an issue.

2. chaste777

chaste777 chaste777

Local Time:
    http://www.tickleberry.co.uk/p/chastity-devices/spiral-male-chastity-device/chs066.html

3. northoftheriver

northoftheriver Junior Member

Local Time:
    It's a ridiculous, outrageous price for an off-the-shelf CB.

For that amount of dosh one can get a custom-built made to measure device.

Also FWIW I bought an eBay knock off of this for £25 and it's great. Not for long term wear but I suspect neither is the Tickleberry version.

-NotR-

4. chaste777

chaste777 chaste777

Local Time:
    Some people have spent more on CB-XXXXs and replacements!

The one you purchased off eBay is probably a cheap chromed alloy version, and it possible rusts on the inside due to poor welding material used (I know, I tried one out). This one is 316 Stainless Steel and is handcrafted, presumably by a craftsman in the UK. Hence the price.

5. AnimiFirmitas

AnimiFirmitas Active member

Local Time:
    7:02 PM
    Those security screws are surmountable, but especially since those types of screwdrivers aren't hard to come across. Even if the wearer damaged the screw getting it out, replacements are also not tough to come by! I hope a lock of some design would fit.

6. northoftheriver

northoftheriver Junior Member

Local Time:
    The eBay spiral is fine and seems OK, the chrome plating is solid, no rusting or rough welds. If this Tickleberry version really is handcrafted in the UK (which I doubt) then they ought to be offering custom made sizing.

7. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I totally agree. If it were cheaper it would be a good item, but why pay that for off the shelf when you would be much better off getting something made to your own specification and measurements.

If you are lucky enough that it fits you like a glove (and it will some people) then I guess it's nice, but why risk it?

8. Pain Gimp

Pain Gimp Junior Member

Local Time:
    11:02 PM
    I like the look, but yes a custom build looking like that would be good :)

9. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    I like Northoftheriver have also bought a device from ebay of the same style and i have to say i am really pleased with it. It certainly is well made and appears to be as good as many i have seen available and comes with all three sizes of rings included. The price £21.00 plus postage of 4.00 I have in the past bought a steelpleasures device, cb6000, cb6000s and a tollyboy full belt and i have to say this is the best of the lot so far. As all wearers of these ring type devices know none of them are 100% secure and regardless of lock type can be cheated but at £21.00 at least i wont feel especially hard done by when i do. I would highly recommend getting one of these to at least get a feel for wearing something. As for the other devices i spent hundreds on they all ended in the bin or were sold off. You pays yer money as they say!

10. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    Having had the device for a couple of weeks now this weekend and having worn it frequently to test it out, i still say it is damn good value and it also lends itself to a few alterations in a way that the plastic pegged cb range never could be. So much so in fact that i have added a 1.5mm stainless steel chain that goes around the waist and the ends just slip over the two metal pins that prevent the tube rocking on the ring section in goes the standard padlock as usual and the whole device is held close to the abdomen which stops that awful tugging of the scrotum when erections happen in the night. My wife is so impressed with this item that she has locked it on me this morning taking the keys with her to Jersey for the week while i stay at home horny as hell. Try looking at some of the devices on e-bay i know there are a lot of crap items but there are also some really good products if you take the time to search. I have also now had delivered a fantastic looking steel locking collar and also a pair of steel locking cuffs all at fantastic prices. The chap makes them himself and is called "caged". will be posting a photo soon i hope

11. Jobicek

Jobicek Junior Member

Local Time:
    Some time ago Tickleberry offered device called "Rondo" which was identical to the Gerecke "Shut - Rondo". And the "Spiral" is identical to the Gerecke "Twister 2". Tickleberry has quite good reputation so when they say it's handmade I believe them and I personally think that it's Gerecke who manufactures them. Even the prices are the same. Only benefit that fixed size brings is fast delivery (can be stocked). If you want custom fit go directly to Gerecke.

I think that best device in this category is titanium version of Twister. Only downside is price tag almost €600 and another almost €100 for an integrated lock. That thing weights circa 90 grams which is great. You just have to be very sure about the dimensions :) Only Steelwerks (even more expensive) makes better ball traps but those are practically art and jewelry.

12. lilyboy

lilyboy Member

Local Time:
    4:02 PM
    From the numerous threads talking about Tickleberry offering "their" version of devices made by other companies it's obvious they're stealing other peoples work. Personally, I wouldn't consider that a "good" reputation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice