Some questions about CK rings

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by Kinky Pinky, Sep 19, 2023.

1. Kinky Pinky

Kinky Pinky Member

Student
    Israel
    Local Time:
    8:07 PM
    Hey guys

I'm looking into buying a Cherry Keeper - and my question is -
    how do I know what ring to pick?

Cherry Keeper have so many options which is really great but I'm kinda getting lost....

I understand that the ergonomic ones have a problem where the gap is too big for some people, so I guess I should correct that with a negative angle - But how much?

And also many people recommend the tall oval rings but it says on their website that the tall oval rings increase the ball gap so maybe I should get a wide oval one instead (which is said to decrease the ball gap) but with no angle adjustment?

I understand that in the end it does come down to simply trial and error but if I could get at least some rough estimate on which direction to start looking because the sheer amount of options is overwhelming, and apart from the cost of ordering ring after ring I also have to wait for internationl shipment (which in my country can take a significant amount of time because of how inefficient the customs and postal services are).

Anyway thanks in advance,
    and bit of advice would be appreciated !

2. Shellysboytoy

Shellysboytoy Long term member

Energy Industry
    United States, East South Central
    Local Time:
    1:07 PM
    They have a set of test rings. They are flat but they helped me get a correct size. From there I just started with an ergonomic ring based off the test ring size I was comfortable. That can give you a baseline. Any improvements you want there's a ring for, but you have to start somewhere.

I genuinely think there's no way to know if you want to double ring, or an angled ring, or a wide ring, or a tall ring without starting with a basic and see if you need changes made. Focus on getting the general size correct, then move on to special features if you need them.

3. Kinky Pinky

Kinky Pinky Member

Student
    Israel
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the advice!

Two follow-up questions if I may..

First, what are the double and triple rings generally for?
    I mean, they broadly describe what effect the different shapes and angles would have on the ball gap etc, but on the double and triple ring they just say that the total length would be this or that much longer.
    So what does it do? Why use them and not just get a longer cage?
    I get that different things work for different people I'm just trying to understand what's the effect it might have...

Second, Since I had a cage with a flat non-ergonomic ring before and the ball gap was great, shouldn't I start off with either the angle or shape that would correct for the bigger ball gap on the ergonomic ones?
    Again, I understand there's no way to know for certain and you really just have to experiment, but wouldn't you say that's a reasonable assumption to make?

Again, thanks for the advice I really appreciate it !

4. Shellysboytoy

Shellysboytoy Long term member

Energy Industry
    United States, East South Central
    Local Time:
    1:07 PM
    IMO The double and triple rings are less about the cage and more about how it holds the scrotum. It will take up a little more space and hold it a little tighter. I think if you have smaller testicles it prevents escape, but if you have a high/tight scrotum it would be uncomfortable. That sounds uncomfortable to me, but...

There are CK flat rings if you prefer. I'd go that route. If you have a ring you already like, is just try to recreate it.* However, the -angle would accomplish the same thing. The ring finder site will help you find the right angle to achieve the desired gap off you choose to go that route.

* I had intended on buying a flat ring, because I had a flat ring I liked. Accidentally order the ergonomic. Won't be going back. If you're on a budget stick with what you know. Otherwise experiment a little bit.

5. Kinky Pinky

Kinky Pinky Member

Student
    Israel
    Local Time:
    Thing is you aren't the only one that says how much of a difference the ergonomic ring makes, so I would like to try it - Think I'm gonna get the ergonomic one out of the cheaper material and get me a flat one out of the smooth material so I can both experiment and also know that in the mean time I have the one I know that works while I figure out how to improve upon it...

Anyway I'll have a look at the ring finder, I did use it a little but I don't know what the gap is on the cage where I was ok with it so I'll try to look it up or at least measure maybe that's actually the best way to go if I can get that measurement on the old one...

Anyway thanks a lot man you really helped!

Shellysboytoy likes this.
  6. Kinky Pinky

Kinky Pinky Member

Student
    Israel
    Local Time:
    Alright so update - I've settled on a flat ring like the one I had so far from the smooth plastic to make sure I have something I know works well, and added another ergonomic tall oval ring with a -5 angle from the cheapest plastic to try out, and if it works well I'll order the same one made from the smooth plastic.

Thanks to everyone who helped !
    Have a great weekend <3

7. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    6:07 PM
    sounds like a plan! I also found that if you have found what works for you why change it, but it’s always good to experiment.

8. Kinky Pinky

Kinky Pinky Member

Student
    Israel
    Local Time:
    That's absolutely right but since so many people say the ergonomic ones just fit so much better (same goes for the different shapes) I figured why not give it a try - worst that could happen is I wasted 18$ for nothing :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice