Need help with cherry keeper base ring

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Wesingreenvillesc, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Wesingreenvillesc

Local Time:
    4:02 PM
    So, I’ve been wearing a cherry keeper and I’m mostly very happy with the product. The first base ring I ordered was just too small, and the ball burn just got to be too much. So, I ordered a new ring for it. I went with a larger ring and also went with the tall oval ergonomic shape. That fit almost perfectly and was awesome until a few days of wearing, one of my balls slipped out. This has happened 2-3 times now, so I’ve now ordered my third ring that I am hopeful will be the correct size and shape. The last ring I purchased is so close to being the right size that I was wondering if there is any way to sort of temporarily modify while I am waiting on th new ring to arrive, which will be in a few weeks.

Any thoughts? Is there any way modify the ring to keep the balls from slipping out at least until the new ring arrives? I was thinking about maybe buying a metal ring and securing my balls with it first, and then putting the slightly too large ring on over that? Would that work? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

2. switchling

switchling Long term member

Senior management
    Porirua, Greater Wellington, New Zealand
    Local Time:
    8:02 AM
    The Cherry Keeper is made of nylon which softens under heat. I used a heat gun to reshape a base ring very successfully. That is, the process was successful, I don't know if the fit is right yet. :pray:

I used a low heat setting, moved the heat around to minimise burning, and had a sink of cold water to put the ring into, whilst continuing to hold it to the shape I wanted. I also made a nozzle out of aluminium foil to more effectively localise the heat.

Just my experience and of course YMMV.

3. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    1:02 PM
    Wes,

As you know, many of the rings come with different mounting angles to narrow or widen the ball gap. Sounds like you want one with a more “negative angle”. Example, instead of a minus 3 degrees, get the same sized ring with a minus 5.

I think a small number of cages can do this as well.

The angle of ring makes a huge difference.

4. switchling

switchling Long term member

Senior management
    Porirua, Greater Wellington, New Zealand
    Local Time:
    8:02 AM
    That's why I ended up adjusting mine. The size was good, but at -5 degrees the gap was too tight. As @Lazlo Toth says, there are plenty of variants available.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  5. pseudonym of the sea

pseudonym of the sea Active member

Local Time:
    i'm a fan of cherry keeper,
    but i was unable to find a configuration where 1) the ball gap was not actively squeezing me all the time and 2) i did not slip out. i tried many rings + cages.
    but cherry keeper was awesome for experimenting with sizes & styles because it's comparatively inexpensive.
    by chance i found a cheap chinese cage in the friendly neighborhood sex shop which fits me. it's got some issues, but the gap is not too tight and also i don't slip out.

btw there's a whole forum section for cherry keeper in here.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  6. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Best nickname ever!

pseudonym of the sea likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice