A better lock?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by subby, Jan 18, 2011.

Random Thread
  1. subby

subby Her Submissive, Pussy-Worshipping, Bitch

Local Time:
    1:36 PM
    UPDATE: The shackle of the one I posted is 5mm, which would be too large for the pin. I have edited this post, and removed the link.

Any suggestions for a better padlock? The one that comes with the CB-XXXX is VERY easy to pick. I have seen the thread about security stickers (and numbered plastic locks), but that is just going to be a nuisance for my keyholder (hiding or locking up the spare stickers, making sure the numbers match, etc).

PS: I have been locked 24/7 for over a year, allowed to cum once every 5-6 weeks, service my wife orally (or with a strap-on) almost every morning, and have never once picked the lock to masturbate. I just don't like knowing that I could if I REALLY wanted to...I want to be TRULY locked for her. If I can't find a better lock I might have to get pierced and go with the PA5000.

2. subby

Local Time:
    Okay, did a little research:
    The body of this lock measures 30mm x 30mm, and the shackle adds another 22mm for a total of 52mm tall.
    The body of old lock measures 20mm x 20mm, and the shackle adds another 13mm for a total of 33mm tall.
    So, yes, it is quite a bit large (roughly 50% larger)....but does add some serious security. Still waiting to hear back on how thick the shackle is.
    Has anyone ever used a larger lock right through the gage/spacer/ring (instead of the pin)? Thinking it may be a little too conspicous.

Also, for anyone who may have clicked on the link and saw the master key for sale too, don't worry, the master key only works if you specifically order the lock to accept it.

3. Mark121

Mark121 Nobody of consequence

Local Time:
    I looked and looked for a more secure padlock than the "luggage size" Master padlock, and couldn't find anything that would be suitable. Because it really has to be fairly small, I don't think a more "pick-proof" lock is available. It wouldn't make much sense, from a manufacturing viewpoint, to make a padlock with a high-security tumbler mechanism, but with a shackle so thin you can cut it with a Dremel tool in about 5 seconds.

Another possibility is "security screws": screws that need a custom tool to insert or remove. However, with the Internet, you should be able to locate a workable tool without too much time or trouble.

That leads me back to tamper-evident labels or tags. It would be easy enough for your KH to put a label on, and take a picture with her cell phone. My KH always has her phone nearby, so it would be easy to verify the number. The spare stickers and tags don't need to be secured; the only one that counts is the one that's guarding the keyhole.

4. subby

Local Time:
    Thanks for the info. Taking a pic of the sticker over the lock does solve my worries of it being a nuisance for her.
    I've given thought to the screws, but we both really like the idea/symbol of an actual key, and I don't like the idea off her wondering if I secretly have bought a replacement tool.
    Has anyone tried using a larger padlock instead of the pin? I'm thinking that with the right size lock (and/mods to the device), you could insert one side of the shackle thru the hole where the pin is, and the other side thru the left by removing one of the posts. The holes would probably have to be drilled larger and/or shifted, and you'd need a lock with the right shackle length, but it seems very realistic and not really any more bulky then the little lock dangling, as this larger lock would lay flat, and would be stationary. Any thoughts or experiences to share??

5. subby

Local Time:
    Looked at a bunch off locks today, and even with the arrangement described above, the secure ones are probably too big/heavy. Might give the sticker thing a try, but if do, will probably just get rid of the lock totally and go with a threaded post, like the one here:
    http://www.screwpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=6&osCsid=281909346e21d6caaa959a7f21ca117e

I got one at the hardware store today for less than a dollar...now I just need the decals.

6. Paulette the Tart

Paulette the Tart Male maid

Retired
    Chilterns, UK and Pyrénées, France
    Local Time:
    6:36 PM
    As Mark121 says, tamper-evident seals with photos are the answer. You can even take the photo yourself and upload it here! Absolutely zero hassle for your Goddess and EXIF data includes the Unix time-stamp which means you can't substitute it later for one with a different numbered seal!

Here's mine as an example:-

[​IMG]

Unix Timestamp 1295614368​

7. barbara desmonsche

barbara desmonsche Junior Member

New York
    Local Time:
    Every now & then i do a google search for locks, stainless hardware, etc. & usually find a few oddities that look like they may be useful in making my chastity device more secure. Just a couple of days ago i found a lock that is stainless steel & has a concealed hasp, or in this case, a pin. It's a trailer coupler lock that has a 1/4" diameter pin that is 1" long.

Here is a link to it. http://www.trailerhitches.com/hitch-accessories/locks/hiddenhitchcouplerlock1inchspan.cfm?TID=CE1165&source=gaffiliates&subid=k232999&affnam=Formula%20Shopping&kwid=Primary

My plan is to remove the locking pin on the chastity device & use the coupler lock in it's place providing it clears the device itself so it can be closed. It isn't drastically expensive & might be worth a try. If it doesn't work for me on "The Fort" device I have, I will use it on my trailer. :D

8. subby

Local Time:
    So despite the fact that we both like the symbolism of the lock and key (along with her being able to wear it, and tease me with it), we are giving the sticker method a try, and have done away with the lock all together. We are simply using a screw and threaded post (similar to the security screw that people use) with a tamper-evident sticker over it. Two benefits are that it greatly reduces the bulkiness, as the the screw heads are almost flush with the CB, AND it is way more secure than a lock alone. There is now no way for me to open the device with her knowing (but I could easily do so in an emergency, without having to break it, or use a special tool). I wrote the number of the sticker on a scrap paper, she signed it, and it hangs on our fridge.
    Another great benefit of the screw is that it allows a perfect fit with ANY size spacer. I am down to the smallest one in the pack, and can no longer pull out of the device entirely. I can still pull a soft and lubed penis out, but cannot get the device off my balls. Before, with the larger spacer, I could take it off completely, although I coud not get it back on, without unloncking it.

I know there are a million other threads about this, but what's the consensus on the various anti pullout options? Anything actually work well without a piercing?

Also, I am still working on devising a better lock...more on that soon hopefully!!! (hurry-up UPS!!!!!)

9. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    Interesting to see if it works....

LOL

10. Paulette the Tart

Retired
    Local Time:
    Stainless steel panties! :blink:

11. subby

Local Time:
    I think I found something!!!
    Should have it in-hand in a bout a week, will do some testing, and will keep you all posted.
    Sorry for the tease, but then again, we all like being teased...right?

12. lockit

lockit Advanced Member

London
    Local Time:
    you would think the cb manufacturers would make such a lock ,
    a small secure barrel lock or search for one and supply it . you only have to look at the number of visits to this post 187
    i think i will do some research i am sure if i find something suitable buy in bulk
    there would be no shortage of customers
    however if someone beats me to it let me know and i will be your first customer

13. subby

Local Time:
    Totally agree, but figure the cost to design and manufacture a very small/secure lock must outweigh projected sales. I can't think of any other application for such a thing, besides ours.
    That said, I am VERY optimistic that what I found will be perfect. I may buy and bulk and resell here (or on eBay) since the manufacturer/distributor is local, and can make the end cost to everybody a lot cheaper than buying direct (they want $11 to ship one lock in the lower 48. That would put the total at over $22 for most buyers. I can probably sell them with shipping included for less than $15).

I will post more on this soon, but for now, now that it is a 7-pin cylinder lock (round key) and is advertised as being "high-security", and "nearly impossible to pick". Sizewise, it is roughly the same as the current lock that is include, and you still use the same pin (or a metal clevis pin).

14. Paulette the Tart

Retired
    Local Time:
    When you say "still uses the same pin", I assume you're only considering those who are in cage/tube style devices, all of which can be easily defeated whilst still wearing them. I'm sorry to pour cold water on a good idea but I don't see the point of increasing security on a device where security isn't the main problem and I'd hate to see you invest money in something which may have less of a market, for that very reason, than you anticipate.

15. subby

Local Time:

Yep, I am referring to the CB-Line, or any of the other cage/tube designs, although this "un-pickable" lock should work on any device that uses the small padlock (that I can pick is less than 2 seconds....literally). It appears that you wear a full belt...how does that lock? Is is the same small brass lock, or something different?

I guess what you are saying is that with the piercing-free tube devices, pull-out is more of a problem than the lock. I agree and disagree. Yes, I can lube-up and pull my cock out of the tube, but I use such a small spacer that there is no way I could actually get the device completely off with the lock still on. So yes, I could orgasm, but I could not remove the device with out the key. The sticker camp will say that the sticker accomplishes the same effect, but not really. If you have the sticker on the lock, and you really want out, you can just just destroy the sticker (and deal with the consquences). With the new lock, if you really want out (and are using a metal pin) then you would have to destroy the actual device.

Off subject: how the hell is life possible in a full belt? I guess I'm just thinking of using the toilet, staying clean, being comfortable, etc.

16. Paulette the Tart

Retired
    Local Time:
    OK - taking that a section at a time:-

Yes, I wear a full belt - as my avatar clearly shows and as my other posts make clear. I do have a Curve and a CB-3000 too so I know about the issues with them. My My-Steel belt uses a very small brass padlock which sits in a groove around a locking post and cannot be rotated so that the key-hole is visible which prevents me from picking it. No doubt, with practice, it would be possible.

No, I'm not referring to pull-out although that is a minor problem - I'm referring to the ease with which "illicit pleasure" can be achieved by using cotton buds or similar items through the various slots, holes etc. which all tube devices have and/or by the use of a vibrator or even simply by shaking them when one is in the right mood. Because these devices have a fairly low mass, applying a vibrator to them makes them vibrate enough to produce the desired result.

Why destroy the device? simply cut the hasp of the lock or the pin itself - much cheaper to replace. Similarly, the hasp of the lock can be cut on full belts which use a padlock - the security is no greater in that repect.

On the basis that all locks can be defeated either by picking, cutting, drilling or grinding or by cutting whatever the lock is attached to, the only true security lies in the consequences of doing so and those consequences can be identical whether it is as a result of destroying something or simply removing a sticker. The advantages of the sticker then lie in the reduced expense involved in replacement as there are no damaged parts to restore and in the safety aspect of the ease of use of an emergency key which the wearer can carry at all times.

Putting our sensible heads on for a moment: let's face it, only a fool would want to be locked in a device which couldn't be easily removed in an emergency.

The big "advantage" of life in a full belt lies in the way in which both its mass and the damping effect of its intimate contact with the pelvis suppress the effects of a vibrator. You can feel the vibrations are there but the amount of vibration which is transferred to ones "naughty bits" is only sufficient to increase ones frustration. It's the same with shaking it and as for access through holes or slots - there isn't any. Pull-out? No way - not if properly designed and fitted.

To put it bluntly, nearly everyone can come while wearing a tube device - hardly anyone can come while wearing a correctly sized full belt with a properly designed tube.

Hygeine at the rear isn't a problem for me as my belt has twin rear chains. At the front, my tube has a grille at the top through which a dilute solution of liquid soap can be introduced and water can be poured. Routine removal is advisable, as with all devices, simply for skin condition checks but I've worn mine for 9 days at a stretch without problems and I'm "intact" so once a week is adequate for anybody although I would advise twice as often whilst getting acclimatised.

As for comfort: like all devices, it takes some acclimatisation but the main advantage is the lack of rings behind the balls so morning wood is teasingly frustrating, not painful.

So, my conclusions are that I (and most people) can "have fun" without having to remove a tube device, which makes them useless for their intended purpose and that only a tamper-evident seal will prevent both lock picking and use of the emergency key without detection whilst still allowing easy removal of the device in emergencies.

17. subby

Local Time:
    Great, well-written response, Paulette.
    No doubt, the full belts are the most secure option, and are the best at preventing any kind of stimulation. I actually forgot that I could cum inside my Curve....probably because I did it once (by shaking it) and wished I hadn't... it was the most unsatisfying orgasm ever...even worse than the ruined ones I've received.

Question about full belts: Do they all rely on the small brass padlocks? I know it points down, and is fixed, but they are just so ridiculously easy to pick (I am serious when I say I can pick the one I used to use in less than 2 seconds, and am sure I could do it blind-folded, upside down and underwater almost as quickly). Any full-belt options out there with a built-in cylinder lock (like the one built-in to the PA-5000?

18. Paulette the Tart

Retired
    Local Time:
    Yes: Tollyboy for one. However, it is still my considered opinion that there is no lock more secure against undetectable illicit opening than one with a tamper-evident seal across the key-hole.

[​IMG]

19. eforrest

eforrest New member

Local Time:
    5:36 PM
    Subby, how did that lock end up working for you?

20. Gunner

Gunner Active member

Local Time:
    12:36 PM
    Okay this is something I'm interested in. I have been looking for a better lock also. I don't know how to pick it but I know it can't be too hard. I upgraded to the brass master lock with a rubber wrap and a bigger key "High security" is what the package says, but it looks like the same lock with a wrap around it and plastic on the key. I bought it any way because we wanted more keys. i wanted an emergency one in my wallet for issues, like random drug screens or other thinks like that where I don't want to be wearing it when I go somewhere unscheduled. And have a few spares for my wife. the nice think about padlocks is you can cut them with bolt cutters if the keys are lost, and you don't know how to pick them. I'll post a few links of some the lock pages I've been looking at...

http://www.lustlock.com/eng/lustlock.html

http://www.keykop.com/ this one is a little big but it will fit the standard pin of a 5/32 shackle. the loop is 2 1/2" thought it would be intresting to put through the pin and have the lock under the ring, not sure how comfortable it would be, but they have a very high security version...

21. glupe

glupe Ex member

USA
    Local Time:
    I bought a lock kind of like this before, only to find out that while the cord would fit, the actual fitting back into the lock piece was way too big. I didn't see schematics that had that size listed. Did I miss them???

22. Gunner

Gunner Active member

Local Time:
    12:36 PM
    I'm not sure, but there are a few other sites that carry the lock and I think one of them show the lock with the shackle removed so you can see the ends. I the one that uses the fixed rings, not the cable, I think is the same diameter. I'm not even sure what the diameter is of the cable lock. Sorry not much help. I don't have any plans of buying one yet, but if I do I'll post a review.

23. subby

Local Time:
    Okay, I am back, sorry to have left this hanging, but my beautiful wife goddess thought it best if I not have internet access for a while....she (rightfully) knew that the time I was wasting online could be put to good use. Well I guess I have made her happy, because she gave me the password to the laptop yesterday, and told me to enjoy it. Now if only she'd allow me an orgasm!!!

Anyways, I finally found/made a better locking solution. Is the lock way harder (if not impossible) to pick? Yes. Am I am able to pull out, and/or shake to orgasm? Yes. Is it better than the padlock with the security sticker? Yes and No. The advantage is that this lock is in a fixed position, no dangling or moving.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, i had to modify a clevis pin for the lock. I modified the lock to make it a little smaller, but that was not neccasary, just desired.

24. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    Looks a neat lock from picture but the clevis pin looks very easy to break where you have drilled it out oversized to suit. I know from past experience drilling things oversize they tend to snap off especially when they have got hot from the drilling it weakens them. Looks a neat idea though

25. Spa

Spa Junior Member

Local Time:
    7:36 PM
    Looks very interesting? What is that type of lock called?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice