Chaffing underside of shaft at cage entrance.

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by cagedflyfisherman, Feb 10, 2023.

1. cagedflyfisherman

Reno, NV.
    Local Time:
    5:13 PM
    Has anyone else had a problem with this? I have a BA-20 which I love and haven’t had any issues with before in the summer. Now in the winter I am getting this chaffing problem. I can only go 2, maybe 3 days before having to unlock and heal. Could this be a gap issue? My work pants, dickies, have a fairly small inseam that causes my cage to get rotated and pushed into my body, possible culprit as well? Any input would be appreciated!

2. Yesiwearskirts

Yesiwearskirts Long term member

Local Time:
    7:13 PM
    I got that with a cheap plastic one. It seemed that the angle of the cage ring pushed too hard against the btoom of base between penis and scrotum.

3. Pieterchaste

Pieterchaste Long term member

Engineering
    South Holland, Netherlands
    Local Time:
    2:13 AM
    This may very well be a gap issue, indeed…

Winter may get the balls to go higher due to the lower temperatures which might get more flesh/skin to build up at the root..

Very plausible that this makes the gap size too small..

I actually have two base ring sizes.
    A slightly larger one for the winter which gives a bit larger diagonal gap size to deal with high-and-tight balls.
    A smaller one for the summer when all is a bit more loose…

KristenDresses likes this.
  4. cagedflyfisherman

Reno, NV.
    Local Time:
    Thank you both for the replies. I think I may just have to have a summer and winter cage.

5. Auntie Suzette

Auntie Suzette New member

Chastity slut
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:13 PM

6. Auntie Suzette

Auntie Suzette New member

Chastity slut
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:13 PM
    I find using a good massage oil on the underside allows the ring to move easier and prevent that chaffing and burning sensation.. a must for long term comfort.

7. cagedflyfisherman

Reno, NV.
    Local Time:
    I do use Vaseline for the base ring. I think I’ll try getting some at the cage entrance with a qtip.

8. rwpLocked

rwpLocked Long term member

Local Time:
    7:13 PM
    I've had issues with very small scratches, burrs, and ridges from manufacturing of both plastic and steel cages causing the same irritation. You can check by running your fingernail over the area.

Careful sanding with increasingly high grit sandpaper (400/800/1000/2000) then a polish (metal cages only) has always resolved the issue for me.

Instead of Vaseline I've switched to a tiny dab of lanolin, stays put all day and is all natural. A small 2 oz tube lasts at least 6 months of 24/7 wear and isn't as messy as petroleum jelly or silicone lube.

Good luck finding the right solution for you!

9. cagedflyfisherman

Reno, NV.
    Local Time:
    I hadn’t thought of checking for any manufacturing defects but definitely will and will also look into getting some lanolin. Thanks!

10. Caged for life

Caged for life Long term member

Sheetmetal mechanic
    USA
    Local Time:
    8:13 PM
    If you're new we all get chafing in the beginning until your skin gets tougher

11. cagedflyfisherman

Reno, NV.
    Local Time:
    UPDATE: Wanted to give an update on this issue mine. Took a break from the cage for awhile until spring/summer rolled in. I thought maybe the warmer weather would help. I was both right and wrong at the same time. I was lucky enough to have the wife on board with a no end date, long term lock up too. So everything is going great for the first month and a half. I’m a allowed a quick pull out in the shower for a better clean and skin check every 2-3 days. One day at work I begin to feel it… that same pesky irritation on the underside of my shaft at the cage entrance. That evening in the shower I pull out and check things out… I’m a little red but nothing I’m too concerned about. Fast forward a few more days and now it hurts. I pull out in the shower that night and I’ve been rubbed raw to the point of bleeding. Needless to say we took the cage off to begin healing. During this time I got some high grit sand paper (800/1000/2000) and began getting after it. A week and a half of healing and some serious sanding later I’m happily back in my cage. I repeat the same steps and everything is going great again for three weeks until last week when the same thing has happened. I’m frustrated and sad. I’m just bummed that this is probably a ball gap issue because everything else is perfect. I’m going to hit it one more time with the sand paper and see how it goes but I feel as though I may end up having to sell and order a new one from BAWR.

12. 00BlueM

00BlueM Member

Data analyst
    North NJ
    Local Time:
    With a plastic cage, I had issues with friction caused by moisture.

Lubes etc. (eg petroleum jelly) only worked until the lube dried out.

Talc fixed the problem for me. Needs to be reapplied if the balls sweat.

13. cagedflyfisherman

Reno, NV.
    Local Time:
    Fortunately for me I don’t have any issues with chaffing because of the base ring. I don’t even use lube or anything anymore. It’s the bottom side entrance of the actual cage that’s been rubbing the bottom part of my shaft, right in the middle, right where the shaft and scrotum meet that has been my problem.

The Queens consort likes this.
  14. 00BlueM

00BlueM Member

Data analyst
    North NJ
    Local Time:
    If talc doesn't help, I'd suggest it's the cage.

Reminds me of a pair of shoes I once had. Everything felt fine to the touch, but the leather at the heel was just slightly too-thin. They tore up my heels, even with thick socks. I had to put a plaster (band-aid) on each heel before wearing them.

Maybe try some acrylic paint on that edge to thicken it slightly.

15. Deleted member 87439

Yes I have this same issue with the CB6000. Had to give it rest for a couple of days. It happened when I went to a smaller base ring. With the larger ring I could feel my shaft moving in and out of the cage when I bent over. The larger ring must give more space in that area.

16. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    1:13 AM
    It could be caused by your sweat or urine getting trapped there. I had this years ago with a metal cage, the sweat would act like a lube and allow my penis to move more and cause a irritation like you describe.

17. Deleted member 109631

I've also noticed that with some metal cages, depending on what the use to make the cages entrance (for example flat metal bar or round bar) may make a difference. For instance flat bar for me I tend to see that over time I start to get a bruise on my skin in one specific spot along one side of the cage and base ring near the top. Now if I wear a cage that uses round bar for the cage entrance, I don't get the bruise at all. The round bar is a lot more forgiving on my skin and which that specific issue (for me at least).

18. Deleted member 109631

Also if it's specifically only a problem during the winter it could just be that your skin is drying out more or what not. May need to moisturize more for the time of year.

19. The Queens consort

The Queens consort Long term member

Retired
    Central Indiana
    Local Time:
    After reading this thread, I am trying Vaseline on the underside of my penis. Since I am a grower that sometimes turtle, I am wondering if the movement causes the lubricant to degrade, causing the skin to drag. Vaseline stays slippery for a long time, so I’ll see if it’s better than the gel baby oil.

20. The Queens consort

Retired
    Central Indiana
    Local Time:
    Using Vaseline seems to be better, but I still ended up with a sore spot on the underside. It appears to be a pressure sore, and it shows up in the morning. I can wear the cage from morning to night without any irritation, but go overnight and I start feeling sore. I’m beginning to think my nocturnal erections are the real issue.

Lockedwithlace likes this.
  21. Deleted member 109631

I have the same issues with one of my cage. I get pressure spots over night using the smaller base ring I have, when I use the base ring that's one size bigger no issues over night with pressure spots from my body's attempts to have an erection.

It is most def caused by erections, but that being said it might be a design flaw in that specific cage. Like if the cage has a downward angle or specific gap that or dimension that is not adjustable, can causing pressure when erections happen. You could try a different cage all together and not have those issues. Could just be inherent to the design of that specific cage/device.

The Queens consort likes this.
  22. The Queens consort

Retired
    Central Indiana
    Local Time:
    As of now, I am going to stay locked all of my waking hours, then remove the cage at bedtime. If this works, then I’ll know it is erection related. I’m wearing a MM Jail Bird. If it doesn’t work, I’ll be back to square one.

23. Deleted member 109631

I just had my queens keep sent back for adjustments, hopefully for the final time. Lol

24. Danos

Danos Member

Local Time:
    1:13 AM
    Use Lanacane it’s a game changer

25. cementhead

cementhead New member

Local Time:
    I use bacatracin as lube. I tried vasolene and it caused a horrible smell. The bacatracin works as a lube and doesn't cause a funky smell.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chastity cage rubbing

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice