Lesson Learned and Scared

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by gemini man, Nov 6, 2022.

1. gemini man

gemini man Member

Norfolk, UK
    Local Time:
    11:24 AM
    So, 4 weeks ago I decided (stupidly) to insert the urethral tube (about 13cm long) that came with my cage on the spur of the moment much as a "let's try this to see how it feels" as anything - inserted it while still wearing the cage which I'd been wearing for four days straight prior to that.

It wasn't in for more than 5 minutes and didn't feel overly comfortable so I removed it - anyway when I did there was some clean blood around the tip of my urethra - cleaned up, left the cage in place and carried on with my day - burning sensation when peeing etc and some more bleeding (not in the urine more clean blood around the tip leading me to think I'd caught myself there) led me to remove the cage a few hours later.

Burning sensation cleared fairly quickly, no more blood noticed after 24-48 hours and left the cage off and have done so since.

Thought I'd "got away with it" until just over a week later when I noticed an itch at the tip of my urethra and an ache in my testicles - nothing else related.

Left it a few days to see if it would go away and finally got an appointment to check it out - told them I'd inserted a urethral tube, was prescribed antibiotics (Nitrofurantoin) and a steroid cream for a suspected UTI and sent on my way.

A few days later the itch in my urethra seemed to get worse so wondered if I'd had a reaction to the cream, called the Docs and was told to stop using it but to finish the course of antibiotics and call back if no improvement once I had done so - was a different Doc who said they'd have prescribed a different antibiotic than the one I was given but based on my symptoms suspected a combination of UTI and Epididymitis.

Anyway called back as the symptoms didn't improve with the aching balls, though the itch at the tip of my urethra has all but gone (slight tingly sensation still there but barely noticeable) - they've now prescribed a two week course of Ciprofloxacin and also asked me to provide a urine sample.

Needless to say lesson has been well and truly learned and though I still have the tube (in case it's needed by the Docs for any reason) I shall be disposing of it once this (hopefully!!) clears up.

Posting this as both a warning to others that even a very short term trial can lead to problems and much anxiety and also to see if anyone else has experienced similar and how effective Ciprofloxacin was in fixing the problem, or any other tips/advice etc.

I'm currently very scared about whether I've done any other damage either long term or short or even if the problem isn't either a UTI or Epididymitis but something else - know I was totally stupid and irresponsible and have beat myself black and blue about it.

Mark Owen and MikeLocked like this.
  2. SlaveBoy73

SlaveBoy73 Long term member

Local Time:
    6:24 AM
    Cipro is a harsh antibiotic.

You may wish to take some acidophilus.

gemini man likes this.
  3. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    @gemini man well 13cm is awful long and if you try and push it all in quick then blood happens. i wud get a lot shorter one if you has to have one in you.

anasyrma and gemini man like this.
  4. gemini man

gemini man Member

Norfolk, UK
    Local Time:
    Forgive my ignorance but acidophilus?

5. gemini man

gemini man Member

Norfolk, UK
    Local Time:
    Thanks and yes lesson learned - it was the length that came with the cage, so naively assumed it would be OK and fit for purpose - no plans to repeat the experience no matter the length.

Just hoping no permanent damage done

jemima likes this.
  6. Alceste

Alceste Chaste Member

United States
    Local Time:
    3:24 AM
    What material is the urethral tube made of?

gemini man likes this.
  7. gemini man

gemini man Member

Norfolk, UK
    Local Time:
    Has a metal tip and plastic tube - screws into the cage at one end, though I didn't get as far as doing that before I removed it

8. Alceste

Alceste Chaste Member

United States
    Local Time:
    Okay. The type of metal matters. Even high grade stainless steel can cause problems. Titanium is a much better material for sensitive areas. Also, plastic can retain microbial agents.

gemini man likes this.
  9. gemini man

gemini man Member

Norfolk, UK
    Local Time:
    Stainless steel I think - when you say "can cause problems" what kind of problems?

Know it's shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted but trying to understand what damage I may have done and whether it's likely the course of antibiotics I am on will be sufficient to clear it, the *only* symptoms I have are aching testicles (mostly just the right side), that feel high and tight and a very slight itch (which appears to be clearing) at the tip of my urethra.

Have no plans to repeat the experience of inserting a tube ever again that lesson has been well and truly learned - just want to be sure I'm getting the right treatment and get an idea of how long it will take to clear so I can start to move my head past my own stupidity - any advice as to how to ease the ache most welcome too.

10. SlaveBoy73

SlaveBoy73 Long term member

Local Time:
    It’s a bacterial culture which is pro-biotic (good for the gut)

gemini man likes this.
  11. gemini man

gemini man Member

Norfolk, UK
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the info - will bear in mind

12. Alceste

Alceste Chaste Member

United States
    Local Time:
    It depends a lot on the actual grade of SS, but most contain nickel as an alloying element, which can cause allergic reactions. But is sounds as if you have been diagnosed with an infection, which is likely due to the plastic tube.
    I think that you need to observe whatever your doctor directs. I would not panic, they see this sort of thing often, although UTIs are more common in women.

gemini man likes this.
  13. gemini man

gemini man Member

Norfolk, UK
    Local Time:
    Thanks appreciate the response and additional info - and am following exactly what the Doc recommends, and trying not to panic, which is easier said than done to be honest, but them's the consequences of foolhardy actions I guess

14. LockedRandy

LockedRandy Member

Lector
    The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    12:24 PM
    In my training as a nurse I learned all the risks of inserting an ureter tube, all the precautions you had to take to work sterile were enormous. You needed a sterilised ureter tube, sterile lube and sterile surgical gloves to avoid any risk on infections. We were only allowed to perform the procedure on females where it was seen as a medical procedure to do this on males. For males you needed extra training since the risk of causing damage was to big.

With the knowledge I acquired then I strongly advise against using urethral tubes. People in wheelchairs due to paralyses often needs to use these tubes to empty their bladder. It's known that this significantly increases the risk of bladder cancer.

So please be careful inserting objects in the urethra.

gemini man likes this.
  15. jemima

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    @LockedRandy my little tube only go a little way in me. and not lots like that man had inside him.

16. Wiseco

Wiseco Member

Local Time:
    12:24 PM
    I'd like to give you my point of view as daily (CIC) Clean Intermittend Catheter user:

In a hosptal setting, you are absolutely correct.. when performing those procedures on other people (I E: not your own germs) you have to be really clean!
    You have to clean the urethra opening, use sterile lube, sterile gloves and sterile catheters...
    And make sure your next patient is safe ;)

For those people with a SCI (Spinal Cord Injury), atleast at home it doesnt have to be THAT clean, just wash your hands and urethra opening, use a sterile catheter and dont touch the last 15cm to the tip... Many catheters these days have some sort of no-touch sleeve so you can work fully sterile without sterile gloves.

Just for anyone wondering, my catheters are 40cm long and they go in all the way mostly 5-6 times a day, every day... and i usually do not have any discomfort at all !!!

gemini man likes this.
  17. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    great advice here and also keep in mind it’s the length of time it’s in situ to.

18. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    I’m with @jemima on this one…
    a short tube that intrudes just after the head should be no problem. From my experience of sounding and plugs I know that’s where it pops into place. Why would you need to go much further? The security issues are already overcome with that length.

Hygiene wise I’m with @Wiseco, if your only using it yourself you only need to sterilise the tube. The hands your using would be touching your penis anyway so wouldn’t matter if they came into contact with the tube prior to ‘installation’.

Personally, I wouldn’t use a tube at all. My cage is pretty secure without. I looked into it and wondered why anyone would want to use a tube that goes too deep. Sounded quite uncomfortable.

gemini man and jemima like this.
  19. gemini man

gemini man Member

Norfolk, UK
    Local Time:
    Trust me lesson has been well and truly learned the hard way here - six weeks later and I'm not 100% sure things are right, though they have improved - it was a rash and foolhardy decision made on the spur of the moment to "see how it feels" and one that I'd urge anyone not to take if they're considering it - apart from the physical concerns, the mental ones they've caused are huge too.

I certainly shan't be repeating the experience whether it be a long or a short tube - never want to go through this again and hope against hope that with time things completely settle down.

20. the odd tease

the odd tease Long term member

North America
    Local Time:
    I certainly hope healing continues and all is well over time for you, sending positive thoughts for you!

gemini man likes this.
  21. gemini man

gemini man Member

Norfolk, UK
    Local Time:
    Thank you - have resigned myself to it being a slow process and one that may need further meds to complete but as I said, lesson learned

22. jemima

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    i am sorry as well that you got poorly from a tube and i has to make sure my one is proper clean ever day and as well Mistress let me in another cage at nite that has not got a tube and i have not got poorly.

gemini man likes this.
  23. gemini man

gemini man Member

Norfolk, UK
    Local Time:
    Update to this - whilst the problems are still ongoing and pending further medical investigation, things have improved and I suspect/hope may just be a case of having to give it time.

The biggest thing though has been the mental anguish and anxiety I was putting myself through had cleared to the extent that this morning I locked myself for the first time since the incident described in my OP - will be small steps and taking things very carefully (and certainly no more urethral insertions!!) but it feels like a huge step for me and one I welcome.

24. maid julie

maid julie Long term member

service tech
    NJ
    Local Time:
    Glad to hear that your getting back in the saddle

gemini man likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice