Best Cage for BBCS?

Discussion in 'Behind Barz' started by Alexander D., Jun 11, 2022.

1. Alexander D.

Alexander D. Member

Local Time:
    6:14 AM
    Hello all. After my post regarding a PA versus a Full Belt, I believe I have decided to try the BBCS (If a full belt doesn't work, then I'll consider a piercing.)

I'm not sure which cage would be best, though. In my opinion, the Bare/Enclosed cages look rather ugly, as the squished bits are all visible, and I worry about pinching, chaffing, and generally having too much access. However, such an open design would be great for cleaning and avoiding nasty smells. On the other hand, I think the Hannibal cages, especially the Hannibal 3, look rather sexy, would completely prevent access, and leave fewer open areas for possible pinching. That being said, I worry about staying clean. I'm getting the 3-lock mechanism that allows the cage to be removed separately, so cleaning can still occur that way, but I'd prefer not to remove the cage any more often than necessary (perhaps once or twice a week, maximum). Also, if it's worth anything, I generally take baths instead of showers, so the belt would be totally immersed in water while I clean.

Does anyone have any suggestions for which cage I should choose?

2. chscurious

chscurious Member

U.S.
    Local Time:
    7:14 AM
    I wear a Hannibal 2 and would recommend it vs a Hannibal 3. Hannibal 2 completely encloses the genitals but the open pieces at the top allow for better cleaning as you can pour water directly in through them that drains out the bottom. Also works well in combination with a hose style showerhead.
    Since you said you usually take baths so the above won't matter as much, I would also note that Hannibal 2 allows you to kind of clean from the top with part of a washcloth or brush. With the right instrument you can reach a good amount of the tube and inner cage from the open top part. Can't do that with Hannibal 3.

Timberwoof likes this.
  3. Alexander D.

Alexander D. Member

Local Time:
    How often do you find cleaning with such instruments to be necessary?

(Also, with the top open, any chance of fingers or toys [e.g. vibrating bullets] fitting down there?)

4. Chaste Nole

Chaste Nole Long term member

Florida
    Local Time:
    BBRZ also offers funnel style tubes if you place a custom order (I have 2 and a 3rd/better design is coming soon). This keeps pee from spraying all over and greatly extends wearability of the outer cage.

5. FPH

FPH Active member

UK
    Local Time:
    12:14 PM
    I have the standard enclosed cage, it is fairly easy to keep clean and fresh with a power shower set to a tight stream and cotton buds with moisturiser.

I have found that I get chafing on the thighs from the edge of cage. This is solved by wearing a jockstrap or pouch style underwear. Urine spray can be a problem with shorter cages but I have not found it a problem with the 4” cage.

The longest period I have spent without unlocking in this configuration was 7 weeks. The belt went through the dish washer on a hot wash and was ready to go again in a couple of hours. A good wash and moisturising was all that I needed when unlocked

I have no experience of other cage styles but I Sam thinking about the flat fronted design as an alternative.

6. Alexander D.

Alexander D. Member

Local Time:
    Yes, I plan on getting the funnel tube. But (unless I am mistaken) I must still choose a cage design.

7. Alexander D.

Alexander D. Member

Local Time:
    What part of the cage causes the chaffing? Do you believe a different cage design would fix this?

8. FPH

FPH Active member

UK
    Local Time:
    12:14 PM
    The lower outside frame rail causes the chafing. The fabric from the jockstrap or pouch rolls under the edge and provides cushioning and no more chafing. As I understand it, the flat fronted cage is a slightly different shape and this may resolve the issue. Only one way to find out and I can not justify the expense at the moment.

Timberwoof likes this.
  9. chscurious

chscurious Member

U.S.
    Local Time:
    I try to wipe what I can on the inside during every shower. I've just always done this so I don't know if I would say its "necessary" - I can't say what happens if you don't.
    Regarding your other question, the opening is about 2 cm wide, so whatever fits through that I suppose would work.

Also, saw that others mentioned chafing - I also had issues with this initially. I had to bend the top of the cage and move the waist-belt down a size (keeps cage closer to body) and it was resolved for day to day. However, I can still get chafing if I do something like run with the outer cage on. YMMV

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice