K3D True Quality?

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by HTW, Dec 8, 2021.

1. HTW

HTW New member

Local Time:
    1:01 PM
    Can anyone speak to the true quality of fit and finish of the Kink3D? I purchased a clone to test design, weight, and long-term wearability before committing to a genuine K3D unit. However, the clone seems to have a lot of slop and play in the lock holes, allowing the cage to rock upward and slightly separate from the ring leaving a small gap around the "lugs" causing some annoying pinching. I have already fixed the tolerances in the lock hole of the cage and closed the tolerances but there is still more upward movement than I would like. Is the genuine K3D unit the same?

MadameJs_boo likes this.
  2. Slave2Steph

Slave2Steph Long term member

IT
    US
    Local Time:
    2:01 PM
    The quality is very good and the support is responsive and quick. I am unable to wear the device for long though because of burning on the underside of my scrotum and higher up on the right side. I have tried 4 different rings each either thicker or curved on the bottom to no avail. I'm beginning to think it is the material that doesn't mesh with my skin for some reason. I even tried a ring that is not dyed. Anyway, as far as the quality is concerned they are excellent.

MadameJs_boo likes this.
  3. knightlyDevotion

Local Time:
    The fit of the cage to the ring is incredible. There is absolutely no play once the pieces are fitted together.

Like Slave2Steph stated, sadly I also have not been able to find the right ring size/shape that I can wear for an extended period and that I won't slip out of.

4. Chazmick

Chazmick Active member

Pennsylvania USA
    Local Time:
    Very pleased with the quality and when I had an issue with sizing the company emailed me immediately and even provided a link where I could trade with other buyers rather than trying to sell me another one.

I ultimately bought another from them directly and am extremely happy with the fit.

5. NEsubhub

NEsubhub Long term member

USA Nebraska
    Local Time:
    I wear my K3D Cobra 24/7. Like you, I had scrotum pain and chaffing at first. Went up a ring size fixed it. The rocking between the cage and ring has been a common complaint, I have not had any pinching in that area. My lockup periods last an average of 30 days. This would not be possible if I had pain and discomfort. I can also clean everything nicely down there without removal. Which I also enjoy because the PA prevents me from sliding out the back of the cage. Sorry for the long message, but I do recommend K3D.

durango_o, MadameJs_boo and Slave-boy like this.
  6. Slave2Steph

IT
    US
    Local Time:
    I wish there was a way to have a larger ring to cage gap because if it isn't the material causing me issues I think it is probably the gap.

7. Tasslave

Tasslave Active member

Local Time:
    8:01 PM
    the same for me, I had a clone but after 10 days the burning was too much and some scratches appeared on the skin…
    I need more space from the gap and a trick or addendum that make me impossible to
    Slide out from the top without making the gap smaller…..
    You can wear for faults without any smell and the fitting under your pants is fine

8. CDL

CDL As You Wish.....

Local Time:
    My experience has been that ball burn is a gap issue. I'm currently in a MM Jailbird with a double ring and after having them widen the gap from 3/8" to 1/2" I could wear this forever and not have to take it off. I've been looking at a K3D to wear when I travel. Would be nice to be able to fly without having to unlock and lock. Have you seen the curved ring options for the K3D? This option makes the gap significantly larger....

9. Slave2Steph

IT
    US
    Local Time:
    Yes I tried one of those but had the same problem.

10. Oh2 B Locked

Oh2 B Locked Member

Healthcare
    Groveland, Florida
    Local Time:
    Kink3d Cobra is the best cage I've worn over 20+ years. Measurements are important to get it right. The quality is fantastic. The support is equally amazing. Easy to wear long term and keep clean.

I find a bit of baby oil gel as lube on the ring in the morning and again in the evening resolves much of the pinch/skin issues.

durango_o likes this.
  11. Lockeduppegged

Colorado
    Local Time:
    12:01 PM
    My ONLY complaint about my k3d micro, is that I can't keep my tip lined up. It always flips up (severe grower) so I have to line back up using a q tip to push things around to go to the bathroom. Ant suggestions on fixing this? Otherwise, I'm set do do 1 year in it!

12. FinaleFino

FinaleFino New member

Local Time:
    Any suggesttions on size difference between the Jailbird and the K3D

13. chastity_craig

chastity_craig Active member

UK
    Local Time:
    7:01 PM
    Ah this is a worry. I bought a cheap copy and it too burned under my scrotum, but I'd got it purely to get the sizing right. I assumed/hoped a genuine 3D product would be burn...

14. chastity_craig

chastity_craig Active member

UK
    Local Time:
    7:01 PM
    Sorry, that last line was meant to say I thought a genuine 3D Kink product would not burn my scrotum.

Not sure whether to make a purchase now.

15. Slave2Steph

IT
    US
    Local Time:
    Well it can't be returned so keep that in mind. There are a lot of people who are happy with the device though. It could just be my anatomy (and maybe yours).

16. Oh2 B Locked

Oh2 B Locked Member

Healthcare
    Groveland, Florida
    Local Time:
    Anyone with skin issues should remember to use lube - something similar to baby oil gel - a couple of times a day .

17. Slave2Steph

IT
    US
    Local Time:
    That didn't help.

18. HappilyLockedMan

HappilyLockedMan Long term member

Stamford, Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    I bought a K3D cage a while ago. I made a mistake on the ring size and had to buy a new one. I got a curved ring because I wanted a larger gap and it worked fine.

But I had a problem with the cage. I realized that the inside shape was an oval rather than a circle and I wrote a polite email to them pointing out that the size on the chart didn't reflect the actual size of the product.

This began a design correspondence with the designer there who goes by the initials KD. Basically, he modified their product for me. Not just the diameter, which was made round instead of oval, but some other details as well.

He was so responsive it was a delight to work with him and I love what I have now.

As far as the burning issue some guys are having, I put a dab of Vaseline on the underside of my sack in the morning and I use coconut oil to slide my cock in. I find that odor develops if I don't take the cage off when I shower.

MadameJs_boo and durango_o like this.
  19. Slave2Steph

IT
    US
    Local Time:
    Their support is fantastic and I really like the device, but none of the "fixes" people have offered worked for me. It's probably just my anatomy.

20. Surrendered

Surrendered Long term member

Kentucky
    Local Time:
    I just received the cobra s last night and I went to put the cage together with the help of the wife and it was impossible. The fittings didn't fit, almost had to use brute force to get it closed off of the body.
    When finally closed, the lock cylinder would not fit in properly. Apparent mine is defective. Wrote them an email with pics showing flaw. Hope they resolve this. Disappointed as She and I were looking forward to the cobra cage:(

21. Jaxon1023

Jaxon1023 Long term member

Local Time:
    The fit is super tight when new. I usually put it together and apart several times to kinda “break it in” and also slide the lock in and out several times. They are built to pretty tight tolerances to avoid any play between the parts.

Surrendered likes this.
  22. BlackoutDevices

BlackoutDevices Owner of Blackout Devices

Canada
    Local Time:
    12:01 PM
    If I were to guess, I would say you probably have low-hanging testicles and use a ring that is slightly to small and narrow for you just to try to keep the cage on better. The unfortunate part is not too many manufacturers do a "wide" base ring.

I had the same issues and it was part of the reason I created my Blackout Evo. I use basically the same manufacturing process but have a much more anatomical design that is actually fitted to your measurements; no second guessing where you fit on the sizing guide.
    My base rings even change their shape to match your anatomy better. And if you are allergic to the black dye, I can do an undyed version as well.

Inksters and Slave2Steph like this.
  23. Andy88

Andy88 Long term member

Local Time:
    2:01 AM
    I just bought a cobra too… but sorry its a clone.. but it worked well.. slept throughout the nite soundly.. i usually use 45mm ring.. but in this case i need a 50mm.. as the gap between the cage and balls is too closed.. someone mentioned that the cage may flip up?… mine wont.. there are two sockets that allow the cage to be slotted into.. however due to the type of material used being resin.. some edges maybe rough.. the peehole needs to be aligned with the cage hole.. Otherwise urine flow becomes a shower instead of a stream.. my cage model is the 2nd smallest.. my dick is uncut.. so i slot it in with the foreskin so that when it retracts.. the peehole ‘lands’ accurately.. sorry for being so graphical..

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kink 3d review

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice