Turns out round was my answer....

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by eurolicious, Jul 19, 2021.

1. eurolicious

eurolicious Active member

Local Time:
    1:49 PM
    I bought a Jailbird in 2017, and although my key holder is actually looking for long term wear, it has been elusive.

I'm a grower and not particularly small which has made it a challenge. After first ordering the cage too short and wide, I reordered....along with a few rings (single and double).

Main challenges were it would slide down, but more importantly I would develop a burn and eventual sore spot behind the scrotum.

Over time I have tried every trick I have read, from gap to Plastidip-ing the rings. No matter what after 2-4 days I'd have to come out. I did learn about watching it and stopping before the skin wore through but it makes it frustrating to keep stopping.

I tried all the gaps by adjusting myself as the common refrain is burning befind the sack means the gap is too small, but even bigger then the max it burned.

Recently I saw a random comment from another user that they sit a lot and the oval ring didn't work. I know the oval makes "sense" but I broke out the bench vise and proceeded to make the oval ring round.

Guess what? Instantly it worked! No burn, and so comfortable during the day including sitting/driving. I'm hesitant to declare victory but it's been 8 days and my KH says it is time to make up for lost time (with a devilish look....).

Still waking up a ton from nocturnal erections, but less so the last few nites. When i do it is uncomfortable but not the "rips my balls off" pain it used to be.

Figured I'd post so people with issues don't give up.....remember we are all built different and try every tip you see until it works.

Thanks to the OP who mentioned making the oval ring a round.....

2. Vanillalocked133

Midwest
    Local Time:
    Locked in a HT which is Deff not circle but curved along the bottom “ovalish” pr say. And yes it does make a WORLD of difference.

3. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    I had a very similar experience with my JB. The round ring worked much better.

4. SamanthaCDNJ

SamanthaCDNJ Member

North Carolina
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I was in the same boat as the original poster. Seems a common thread for growers? I recently sent my Jail Bird in for adjustments as well and have to say, the difference is amazing. I feel I can finally wear this long term.

The changes I made was:
    • go up 1 size ring. i think I had it a touch too small and that led to the sore spot/burning on base of scrotum where the ring is
    • go from circle to oval size ring
    • go from single to double ring
    • shortened cage all the way to 1"
    I really think the single to double ring adjustment made a lot of difference. I feel its preventing the base ring from pressing in so sharply, thus not getting that sore/burn spot.

Time will tell but a few days in and its been great. Even night times are a bit better.

5. odd_jest

odd_jest New member

Local Time:
    5:49 PM
    So I had issues with HTv3 which is very oval. I needed to get a new cage due to horrible pain. I thought oval was always better, and experimented with a few different rings from Cherry Keeper. JosieLynn then actually recommended I try round, and it worked so much better for me.

Our packages are individual little snowflakes and for some, oval is the correct solution and for others round is the correct solution.

Perverspepere likes this.
  6. Perverspepere

Perverspepere 7/5 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale.

Montreal
    Local Time:
    I was wondering about double rings. They don't create more opportunities for skin contact and increase discomfort? Or do they spread pressure on more surface?

I'm also torn between round and oval. I thought oval was more ergonomic, I'm now having second thoughts.

Thanks

7. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    11:49 AM
  8. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    12:49 PM
    I’m not knocking mature metal, but I had the same issue and I had everything perfect. I ended up with a cheap steel device from happy-go. That cheap cage had a much thicker ring which helped it from traveling down. Plus it was also round and not oval.

I actually thought the oval ring would be oval vertically and not horizontally, which seems counterproductive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice